Established Member
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-working-on-raptor-f-150.html

ford-raptor-1.jpg

ford-raptor-3.jpg

ford-raptor-2.jpg

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
I saw these 15 minutes ago and was about to post them but you beat me to it.

I dont know about anyone else, but I'm getting more and more interested in this truck. Depending on the price, it might be joining my Lightning.

my98stang46

Established Member
its not impressing me much. I just cant understand why ford would go this route. Im not saying that they should have done a lightning but they could have gone another direction

steeltoe

Established Member
because no one else has. every company supports off road racing. i defiently think this will be joining my lightning in the drive way

duomaxwell

Established Member
I wonder if it will have IRS?
You’re joking? Do you know how much heat ford guys would get from people saying "dude your GT500 has LRA but your TRUCK has IRS" we would never hear the end of it.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Well, the Expeditions already have IRS, so Ford must be taking a lot of heat for that?

If it's a true Baja style truck, then it'll have IRS. The spy pics shown look to be live axle tho.

Last edited:

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I would like to see one built, but I won't hold my breath. I've saw what I thought would be a nice hotrod killed off for lack of interest or just not price feasible. Our company has or had a Mercedes GL with an 6.2L AMG drivetrain in it. I would have thought that would have been a nice sport series piece or something, but that was the only one ever built to my knowledge. I bet it's fun to take something the size of an expedition and leave cars at the redlight without spinning a tire.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
That truck to me looks like a personally modified truck. Why would there be those stickers on a test mule? Just my .02

Well here's the jig mate, nobody makes those rear fenders in the aftermarket.
Plus it seems to be fooling you into thinking it's a guys truck and not a ford project. And some of you here seem to think this truck is just time wasted by ford. I think it's genius and these things will sell like hotcakes around here in New England.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Cobra you could be right,anything is possible. I could have sworn ive seen those fenders before on this yellow F150 that was done for dune running. It had a 6in or so lift with a Expy IRS hat was modded to work correctly. Ill try and find pics of it.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
The front fenders are produced aftermarket, the ones on the bed tho, those are part of the bed, not just a bolt on flare or anything like that, look at the rear shot, the bed side is like 4-6 inches wider!
Nobody makes a full bed kit for these. So unless some guy had alot of fibre-glass just chilling and a spare bed to hack up, I doubt it's a homebrew.

To find the fronts jsut search around for 2004-2008 F-150 Baja fenders.

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Don't kid yourself...those pictures are taken in Dearborn Michigan where test mules are running around all day long.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Those pics are right down by the proving grounds and experimental engine plant. My aunt lives out there and I hear all the time from my uncle about the test mules running around. Neat truck cant wait to see how it turns out and see some specs on the production version. I want another lighting as bad as some of you guys, i will wait to pass judgment on this truck. Who knows one may end up in my driveway

Joe

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
I really like that Ford went in a different direction with the new performance truck. No company has yet to go this route yet to my knowledge, and I think its definatley time for something like this!

I'm thinking about the deserts out here and something like this! I would definately love to have a toy like this that can play on and off the streets..

Raptor FTW! But please Ford, lets get some serious power to move this beast of an F150!

G:342

Just here for the ride.
Established Member
Depending on what direction they go with the final product and engine wise, I'll most likely buy one. I like that they're doing something different.

ohmsby

Established Member
I may be pointing out the obvious but why would they be testing the old body style the 09 is a different truck. I think these photos are from someones personal toy box

I have an inside track on this and it was between an off road hot rod and a gen 3 lightning for 09. I also know that a gen 3 is in the works for production for 10 but time will tell

my .02

Users who are viewing this thread