more spy shots

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Those pics are right down by the proving grounds and experimental engine plant. My aunt lives out there and I hear all the time from my uncle about the test mules running around. Neat truck cant wait to see how it turns out and see some specs on the production version. I want another lighting as bad as some of you guys, i will wait to pass judgment on this truck. Who knows one may end up in my driveway

Joe

+1...you can recognize that fence anywhere.

180ls1

Established Member
forced induction is not legal in desert racing so ford will have to look to some other way to get power out of that truck.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Damn, not bad!

I don't want to even guess what the MPG for this thing will be:uh oh:

I'm guessing not great but it's a heavy limited production truck, what are you gonna do?

truck is damaged already....bottom of front bumper is bent....could have been during testing???

Probably. Have you seen the vids of the beating they put it through?

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I'm guessing not great but it's a heavy limited production truck, what are you gonna do?

Yeah, I don't think that will matter that much. I was just thinking about the current gas situation, and how this truck couldn't be launched at a worse time, especially when gas prices will surely be in the $4 range by summer. Not to mention all the tree hugging watchdog groups singling out vehicles like this (H2's and other gas guzzlers), which gives the U.S. car companies black eyes.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Yeah, I don't think that will matter that much. I was just thinking about the current gas situation, and how this truck couldn't be launched at a worse time, especially when gas prices will surely be in the $4 range by summer. Not to mention all the tree hugging watchdog groups singling out vehicles like this (H2's and other gas guzzlers), which gives the U.S. car companies black eyes.

Everyone on here better be routing McCain on. Can you imagine what the green tag team of Obama/Gore would do...:xpl:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
6.2L Boss V8 420-430hp.

I thought the whole allure this truck has had to some was that it was supposed to run a twin force v8 with "substantial power". Frankly, 420-430 does not qualify as that to me when you comaprre it to the rest of the full size trucks that have 380-400hp in thier typical offerings.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I thought the whole allure this truck has had to some was that it was supposed to run a twin force v8 with "substantial power". Frankly, 420-430 does not qualify as that to me when you comaprre it to the rest of the full size trucks that have 380-400hp in thier typical offerings.

there was never any mention from qaulifing sources about a twin force. it was going to be high output, and at 420 horses thats exactly what you get! plus truck is ready to go off road racing. this will be one hell of a truck, anyone with half a brain should see this after reading what ford and svt are prepping it for. breaking truck frames in testing, are you kidding me???!!!:beer:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Yeah, because Republicans have done such a great job keeping gas prices low this decade:thumbsup:

At least we can still buy gas. :bored: Now go plug in your Prius, pull the Kerry/Edwards '04 sticker off your bumper, and get a better job so you can afford to drive to work.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member

It's not meant to be a stoplight king, it's a badass off-road truck. 420 base HP will be more than enough for most. There's obviously a ton of potential left for the aftermarket to tap, and it won't take long for that to happen.
I highly doubt you'll see a twin force Boss motor in a production vehicle.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
from what ive read, ford is, for the most part, copying the only long travel kit available for the current gen F150s(didnt they do that with the mach1 shaker hood?). its made by JD fabrication. 4 wheel & off-road installed one of these kits and raved about it.

Last edited:

GT_Jim

Established Member
Dixion Bros. Racing has long travel suspension systems for current F-150's and Rangers. Gives ~14 inches of travel to the front end. JD fabrication came after them.

GT_Jim

Established Member
looks like dick

Thanks for that constructive feedback. :kaboom:

Considering its a TEST MULE and won't look anything like that how can you judge it already? Looks like a durability mule just to see if the setup is viable. The new trucks look pretty damn good and will look good set up like that.

Users who are viewing this thread