more spy shots

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Dixion Bros. Racing has long travel suspension systems for current F-150's and Rangers. Gives ~14 inches of travel to the front end. JD fabrication came after them.
dixon bros dont have any suspension for the current gen F150, only the previous curvy gen F150. knew about the ranger though, been considering picking up a 98'+ ranger and getting their kit.

ibismojo

Established Member
I'll believe it when I see it. I don't doubt Ford's experience in desert off-roading but if this is more marketing ploy than it is to actually build a capable desert-style off-road truck, well, guess that's nothing new.

I'm on the fence on purchasing a Lightning right now, but if Ford releases this truck with proper suspension and 4wd, I might wait to buy the Raptor instead.

Last edited:

myndgruv

Established Member
i hosted the pics on my photobucket because the pic links from left lane are insanely big and i was trying to shrink them down.

thats why i posted the link to the story as well

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
dixon bros dont have any suspension for the current gen F150, only the previous curvy gen F150. knew about the ranger though, been considering picking up a 98'+ ranger and getting their kit.

off road mag has a story about a current f150 running a 13 inch front suspension. the article is called black diamond. i believe it said jd engineering front suspension.

ibismojo

Established Member
Not completely relevant but imagine something like this...

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=cqCOPwIt2PA"]YouTube - Revolutions Per Minute DVD Trailer[/ame]

...with half the power, wheel travel, and speed....at 1/4th the cost, not considering durability but you get the idea :thumbsup:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
nbonk3.jpg

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I like it, and if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy (read- much more than 35k), I might just have to get one.

ryanblacksvt

Established Member
I was just up in Michigan for the national contour meet and I saw one of these trucks and didnt have a clue what I was looking at, all I knew was it had the vinyl all over it so you couldnt see certain body lines.

ibismojo

Established Member
I was just up in Michigan for the national contour meet and I saw one of these trucks and didnt have a clue what I was looking at, all I knew was it had the vinyl all over it so you couldnt see certain body lines.

Did it have longer lower arms? Was the rear setup for sprung under?

chrisheltra

Established Member
Im not too impressed and wont be buying one myself. Now if the Gen III concept would have made production I would have been 1st, 2nd and 3rd in line to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread