modular performance N/A modular 358 build

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Thats what im thinkin to.but I dont wanna get my hopes up lol. Id like to be.above nazman on.the N/A hp list on corral lol.

Your combo will have a lot more tq, mid range hp and have much better driveability than Naz's (MP built also) 13:1CR, 322. If the RPMs are gonna be at no mroe than 7k you may wann go with a Cobra R later.

Last edited:

99vertcobra

Established Member
Your combo will have a lot more tq, mid range hp and have much better driveability than Naz's (MP built also) 13:1CR, 322. If the RPMs are gonna be at no mroe than 7k you may wann go with a Cobra R later.

yea ill see what the sullivan does and then go from there. how much does the cobra r intak cost in comparison to a 5.4 sullivan. what would the chances be id get someone to trade me? would i be able to use the stock cobra r upper?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
The stock uppers are hard to come by. I have seen the lowers anywhere from $1100 to $2000. So they aren't cheap. The extra cubes will help with the Sully. I am running one on my 322 (also MP built, another happy customer). People kept saying it would kill toque, blah blah blah. Well, I can break the tires loose at part throttle and I barely touch the throttle to get going from a dead stop. It is no torque monster by any means, but it is not a dog at all.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
cc8wsfqmkkgrhquokpge0vl.jpg
:rockon:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
yea ill see what the sullivan does and then go from there. how much does the cobra r intak cost in comparison to a 5.4 sullivan. what would the chances be id get someone to trade me? would i be able to use the stock cobra r upper?

I just sold a lower for $770 shipped. they've gone down a lot in price over the past couple years. The uppers are harder to come by but in stock form they aren't all that great anyway. A custom built upper that doesn't restrict flow to the runners works mucho better.

99vertcobra

Established Member
i got some more pics from john. the engine is finally done and i will be recieving it soon. unfortunately now im waiting for my car to be done with the cage! its always a waiting game.
DSCN4703.jpg

DSCN4706.jpg

DSCN4713.jpg

DSCN4714.jpg

DSCN4722.jpg

man i cant wait till i can drive my baby again!

hope you guys dont make to much of a mess in your pants haha

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
What oil pan are you using? The FGT blocks have the oil drain backs in the pan rails, (using a regular pan would cause leaks) curious what you're doing about it.

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Damn that looks sick! I hope to see it running around the Philly area soon

99vertcobra

Established Member
haha im excited to terrorize some of these dumb ricer guys from my area that keep talking shit. but its funny cuase they all talk shit but my girlfriend drives a 96 cobra that would rape most of them anyhow haha and im in the progress of building a 5.4 for that car to lol

nah they dont really bother me its just fun to mess wit them some times. i just wanna enjoy my car finally

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Besides having the fastest color, that's an AWESOME build. The FGT based, 358 Big Bore motor is the ultimate modular build. That's the biggest displacement modular you can get, short of a 6.8L V10.

I read an article in the "Engine Masters" magazine where they did a dyno test of the exact same combination, and it made over 550 HP at the crank. The only difference between that build and your motor is that they ground down the counterweights on the crank to reduce windage and massaged a lot of the oil passages. Not sure what the compression ratio was. But that's good you kept as high of a compression as possible running pump gas, that is.

I can't wait to see how it runs. You should post up some videos on YouTube starting it up and running it on the dyno. I really want to hear what it sounds like, compared to a 4.6, or even a standard 5.4.

You're a lucky mofo. I have an infatuation with increasing the displacement of motors that goes beyond my financial capabilities haha. (My Briggs 3.5 HP push mower has a stroker crank in it, if that tells you anything. It also runs off propane, but that's for another day).

What cams are you running?

On the 5.4 with that particular front cover, will the accessory drive layout be the same as a stock 99 cobra? Are you planning on keeping the A/C? The compressor bolts to the same place on both the 4.6 and 5.4 without any additional bracketry, and shouldn't need any modifications to be able to get it to work, FYI.

Can't wait to see more pics and videos!

Homer

K2AHollywood

Established Member
haha im excited to terrorize some of these dumb ricer guys from my area that keep talking shit. but its funny cuase they all talk shit but my girlfriend drives a 96 cobra that would rape most of them anyhow haha and im in the progress of building a 5.4 for that car to lol

nah they dont really bother me its just fun to mess wit them some times. i just wanna enjoy my car finally

uhhhh can I be your girlfriend?

Users who are viewing this thread