Mobile Smog Ambush Set Up in Northern California

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
From one Kalifornian to another - I sincerely hope you DIF.

:kaboom:

Nah, won't happen. You can always move. :burn:

It has nothing to do with pollution any more than gun laws have to do with crime prevention. You've swallowed the kool-aide.

In a state that is rolling in debt to the point where the infrastructure, police, fire dept, etc is being ignored policies such as that is simply ridiculous and bordering on fascism. That you freely support fascism is even more disturbing.

I agree. Fascism, not so much. I just love the rise I get out of many of the members here in regards to how f'd this state is (due to the fact my SVTP members rag on CA any chance they get). :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Unfortunately that law doesn't spell out whether or not a roadside smog inspection can be done, or can't, based on the window sticker. IMO if you have a valid/current window sticker showing that your car has been inspected then you should NOT be subjected to a mobile inspection. A stop to check whether you have a valid sticker, YES. And if you don't, they most certainly have the right to do a smog inspection of your vehicle. But if you have a valid/current sticker, you should be allowed to leave with NO INSPECTION. If they are forcing a re-inspection when you have a valid/current sticker then that is ABSOLUTELY WRONG and hopefully enough people will join together to fight it rather than just give in. JMO.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Really? You mean your actually surprised Kalifornia would do something like this?

Funny how people who know nothing about California make idiotic statements about it.
After visiting most of the lower 48 I can understand why.
Even with all the stupid liberal crap it's still the state of choice.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread