Mobile Smog Ambush Set Up in Northern California

luke87gt

Established Member
I can't believe the state is taking things this far.

News is spreading among local car guys that a mobile smog ambush station was set-up yesterday in Concord, CA (Treat Blvd and Oak Grove) for you locals.

Similar to this one:
http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Watch-out.-The-smog-police-have-gone-mobile.html

The BAR is passing out fliers claiming this is a study to gauge the effectiveness of the current smog protocols that have been in effect over the past several years.

I don't remember any laws that make it mandatory for me to have to pull over and submit to a 20min road-side smog test as part of my driving privilige? Anyone know?

Our tax dollars at work...

Smog%20inspection%20on%20the%20street1.JPG

smog%20on%20the%20street4.JPG

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, so does this mean in addition to your regular smog testing that you can be stopped and subjected to an on-the-spot test as well? Or is this just a mobile smog test station for the benefit of those who find it inconvenient to go to a regular testing station. ??

06C6Z06

Banned
California smog laws are absolute horse shit. Why don't they worry about all the ****ing big rigs bellowing out clouds of smoke? I've had new cars not pass unless you heat up the catts really good before pulling in to the shop.

luke87gt

Established Member
Wow, so does this mean in addition to your regular smog testing that you can be stopped and subjected to an on-the-spot test as well? Or is this just a mobile smog test station for the benefit of those who find it inconvenient to go to a regular testing station. ??

Bob, this has nothing to do with "normal" 2-yr inspections.

This is random testing out on the side of the road in addition to your regular testing that occurs every two years.

It serves two purposes.

According to the BAR: It's a tool to gauge the effectiveness of the standard Smog protocols set up by the state over the past several years.

According to motorists: It's an inconvenient unfair profiling scheme to get high profile cars sent to the state ref and bring in additional $$$.

Still would would like to see someone show me where in the law it states that motorists MUST submit to random road-side testing as part of their driving privilege.

Last edited:

luke87gt

Established Member
Or is this just a mobile smog test station for the benefit of those who find it inconvenient to go to a regular testing station. ??

I am not sure how to break the news to you about what really goes on in CA, LOL. This has nothing to do with conveniencing motorists.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
At least we dont have stuff like that in VA yet, we do however have "survey crews" that sit on exit ramps in vans with sniffers that sniff your smog as you drive by. If you fail you recieve a notice in the mail to report to a emissions testing station.

RAWRIGHT

Established Member
I wouldn't expect any less out of The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia:shrug:

It's a shame, because California could be such an awesome place to live, if you got rid of all the bleeding heart liberals and environmentalist.

Liv4Spd

Established Member
I can't believe the state is taking things this far.

News is spreading among local car guys that a mobile smog ambush station was set-up yesterday in Concord, CA (Treat Blvd and Oak Grove) for you locals.

Similar to this one:
Bang Shift : : Watch Out, The Smog Police Have Gone Mobile!

The BAR is passing out fliers claiming this is a study to gauge the effectiveness of the current smog protocols that have been in effect over the past several years.

I don't remember any laws that make it mandatory for me to have to pull over and submit to a 20min road-side smog test as part of my driving privilige? Anyone know?

Our tax dollars at work...

Smog%20inspection%20on%20the%20street1.JPG

smog%20on%20the%20street4.JPG

wtf..that's like 8min from where I live... Sometimes I really hate the PC/antics of this state. We're ****ing bankrupt with schools closing down and teachers/LEOs/firemen loosing their jobs, yet they'd rather spend the little we have on smog side-shows.. :bs:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
And here I am with my catless 5.0 in my beautiful state happily knowing that I have no idea how to go about a smog check :D

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
To hell with that, what kind of problems do you run into if you don't let them do the surprise inspection on your car?

Panic661

Established Member
So..when these asshats set these things up.. and you're on your way to work and you're late due to it..wtf do you tell your boss?

"I got pulled over for a smog check?"

Yep..potentially get people in hot water with their jobs, so you can inspect their cars, outside of the normal 2 year ordeal, that still ends up costing you an arm and a leg for registration + smog.. so the dude can lose his job, and not pay any taxes, and yet..this state is broke..

I see the logic. Don't you?

wjk

Established Member
Great, another thing to worry about... We already have cops hiding behind every bush, mexicans crashing into stuff without insurance, a DUI checkpoint every block, and now we have douche bags propping jack s under our cars to make sure we have cats!

This state is going to hell!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Great, another thing to worry about... We already have cops hiding behind every bush, mexicans crashing into stuff without insurance, a DUI checkpoint every block, and now we have douche bags propping jack s under our cars to make sure we have cats!

This state is going to hell!

So run cats? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread