MM&FF set on ruining 1331 mile Teal Cobra

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Another thought on the Mopars linked above, none of them were designed by a special team, none were considered "special vehicles" from their inception, they were regular production cars that were ordered with the optional equipment offered for that year and that vehicle. In most cases, there were many of them on the street, even, 10+ years later. They were definitly not considered "collectible" in their day, they were just big engine cars. Time is what has turned the tables on these cars and their desirability. The gas crunch of 1973 didn't help either. I would guess that the Hemi Road Runner was maybe $6000, maybe $6500 new? I know a fully loaded 71 Mach 1 with a 429 Cobra Jet was $5500-$5600, I would assume a Hemi option Plymouth Road Runner was a little more?

R

Last edited:

SVT Fun

Established Member
No, I never go to car shows and smell fresh paint in the air. What's more? The owner of those cars that don't smell like fresh paint all say it is the original paint on the car!!! Amazing!! The old school, vintage Mustangs, the Boss cars (302, 428, 429's) all seem to be "original", regardless of variances. Let's face it. It takes one anally retentive, obsessive compulsive individual to nit pick the location of an emission decal or worry about the "factory" CD unit that has SONY part numbers on it. How many individuals on this or any other mustang or svt forum actually drove home a 93 Cobra new in 93? I did. And I've got the papers to prove it.

Now we digress to some 93 Cobra lacking a total drivetrain (engine, transmission, driveshaft) with a 7.5 rear axle assembly (read, no driveshaft) and mismatched wheels???? With or without the processor?

And this car is going to be associated with a collector car status? Really, this is too much. Sell me something, will you? I'm not a salesman. No, I wouldn't try to sell you a thing. I wouldn't wrap it in quicksand and call it gold.

I wouldn't do all this just to sell a magazine and advertise for vendors and try to make a buck or two. Heck, I wouldn't dream of doing something like that to you good SVT folks.

What this story needs is more DRAMA <gasp> that's right....this 93 Cobra needs more hype and drama and more stories of yesteryear, about CD players and factory wheels and factory paintjobs........

And <gasp> let's even talk about how the odometer only shows 1,331 miles <gasp> Are you serious, a 1,331 mile 93 Cobra with no drivetrain or wheels?

No, this isn't the least bit laughable.

What we need is some dramatic, sensationalistic writers for this piece.

stangbear427

Established Member
Uh... maybe I'm just too tired for this right now, but I have no idea what you're point is actually supposed to be. Maybe I'll read it again tomorrow morning, after I've had my coffee...

Users who are viewing this thread