MM&FF set on ruining 1331 mile Teal Cobra

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The newest issue has an article about one of their newest project cars. They are taking a 1331 mile 93 Cobra that they bought for $5K (!) minus the drivetrain and are going to heavily modify the car and drive the hell out of it.

Don't get me wrong I am all about driving ( and modding) cars to my own taste but there are some times when a line needs to be drawn.

IMHO they should restore the car to its original state and sell it for $$$ take that money and build a high mileage (or salvage) 93 Cobra into the ultimate fox body.

Rant over for the moment.... :bash:

Are you serious? :lol:

I prefer they completely eliminate every article on Foxes and replace those would be articles with BOTM pages. I'm tired of reading about that 1980s reject of a mustang. :bash:

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Are you serious? :lol:

I prefer they completely eliminate every article on Foxes and replace those woudl be articles with BOTM pages. I'm tired of reading about that 1980s reject of a mustang. :bash:

You are driving a reskinned version of what you call a "'80's reject" ..... your just jealous you don't own the original fox cobra

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
It was missing the drivetrain so whats the big deal? It was a dead car already collectorwise. Will they be keeping the color and bodylines?

racerbox77

Established Member
they dont have the original motor or rear end so I say mod it and make us long time readers interested as this article hits close to home for all us on this board.

buddha93

Established Member
I agree with the others. The original drivetrain is gone, so some of the value has been lost. It's too bad because that car is cherry after have been stored in a "bubble" all those years. I bet there isn't a speck of rust to be found anywhere.

I would hate to see the car get modded past the drivestrain stage however. Keep the car looking OEM. The editor did make some mention of keeping it that way, including located a set of OEM wheels possibly.

You have to wonder what the oringinal owner was thinking when he pulled that car apart in the first place. He could have at least saved the OEM stuff in the corner of the garage. Major dumbass in my opinion.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i don't care what they do to it so long as they do something other than a 05+ artical

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I would honestly like to find a teal 93 roller someday as a project car. I wanna stuff an 03-04 drivetrain in there with a KB. MMMMmmmm, the sexiest fox, with 600rwhp, and near stock driveability and gas mileage.

EDIT: maybe that bought that teal roller setup that I swear I've seen change hands at least 2 or 3 times.

Last edited:

stangbear427

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
:lol: . I was, but I do want more BOTM pages.
You're in the wrong mag then- BOTM is in 5.0M&SF, not MM&FF.

and on topic- if this thing actually has under 2K on it and it's mint, I don't care if the DT is there or not. It's a collectors peice and should be treated as such. All that makes it a real Cobra is the VIN, the rest is just bells and whistles. They could put any FRPP crate engine in it and the value would still be through the roof because of the low miles. Beating on that shell is criminal. :nonono:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
racerbox77 said:
they dont have the original motor or rear end so I say mod it and make us long time readers interested as this article hits close to home for all us on this board.

+1

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
I would honestly like to find a teal 93 roller someday as a project car. I wanna stuff an 03-04 drivetrain in there with a KB. MMMMmmmm, the sexiest fox, with 600rwhp, and near stock driveability and gas mileage.

EDIT: maybe that bought that teal roller setup that I swear I've seen change hands at least 2 or 3 times.

oh yes a black or a red one

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The previous owner said the motor broke a valve spring.

The original rearend is still with the car. It would be easy to reassemble a stock drivetrain back to oem specs.. parts are everywhere. If the original block is not available they could take any old 5.0 block and make it #s matching....just like all the "#s matching" muscle cars that are sold today. Restamping is so common now days.

The article states they plan to take the car drag racing, road racing, daily driven often. The car will not stay nice if used like that. I mean the leather is perfect and will like chit within a years time if thats the case.

I sold my 8900 mile cobra for this reason. The car was perfect and brought good money as a roller. I then bought a clean 30k mile theft recovery (salvage title) roller that I will modify and not ruin a perfect original. The guy I sold my car to has restored the car back to original and no one would be able to tell the car was ever apart.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I don't see a problem with it. There are more than enough of these cars in super low mileage form available daily. And realistically, this particular car years from now will probably be worth the most because it will have been a magazine project car that someday someone will find stuffed in a barn, and once restored will be worth a grundle like the others (Car Craft Camaro and Cougar, etc).

Let them have their way with it. It'll add some more desire to our cars and make them just that much more valuable.

Users who are viewing this thread