Misbadged - Help me Out

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
upload_2020-3-10_21-6-11.jpeg

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Badges don't make a car real or a fake. I feel sorry for those owners that are so insecure and feel a couple of badges on a car that obviously isn't the real deal diminshes the value of their "real" car. I wonder how the owners of a real 427 Cobras feel about all the clones that are out there from folks like Superperformance and Factory 5 and several others. There are a hell of a lot more clones of those out there than real deal cars and often the clones are the better performers considering the technology available. I can't recall any whining from the owners of "real" Cobras about Ford using the Cobra name on the 03-04 cars but put a couple of snake badges on another Mustang and it becomes blasphamy. Grow up people.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I can understand peoples view points on both sides of this debate.

My personal take is it should not matter how people decide to badge their car as long as they do NOT try and say it is the real thing and so long as they do NOT try to dupe people when selling the car.

I had a 98GT. When the movie gone in 60 seconds came out I could not afford a 67 Eleanor. So, I took the design ques from Eleanor and applied them to my 98GT. I put a body kit on it. I put GT350 side stripes on it. I redid my interior in leather and had GT350 embroidered into the front seats. I put the Shelby GT350 fender emblems on it and I even installed a set of Halibrand wheels that came from the company that made the wheels for the movie car. However, I NEVER passed it off as a Shelby or any type of special edition Mustang. I ALWAYS told people it was 98GT that I tried to make look like Eleanor.

A lot of people thought it was cool. However, there where those VERY few who were pissed it had GT350 badging on it. All I could say is tough S#!T if they did not like it. It was my car and I built it that way because I liked how Eleanor looked. I never passed it off as anything other than a 98GT. So hatters could kiss my you know what because I was honest.

Now if someone is a liar about what it really is then I "DO" have a problem with that.

View attachment 1627558

View attachment 1627559

View attachment 1627560

View attachment 1627561

Holy shit that is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Badges don't make a car real or a fake. I feel sorry for those owners that are so insecure and feel a couple of badges on a car that obviously isn't the real deal diminshes the value of their "real" car. I wonder how the owners of a real 427 Cobras feel about all the clones that are out there from folks like Superperformance and Factory 5 and several others. There are a hell of a lot more clones of those out there than real deal cars and often the clones are the better performers considering the technology available. I can't recall any whining from the owners of "real" Cobras about Ford using the Cobra name on the 03-04 cars but put a couple of snake badges on another Mustang and it becomes blasphamy. Grow up people.

EBBE342-B-988-F-4568-89-DF-62-E344768-F15.gif

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
And all you do is build worthless trash. Where did you get your taste in builds? Japan.... no no...Korea!!

View attachment 1627708

Can't please everyone. Besides I don't see you posting pictures of your builds. Guess you can only criticize.

You just talk BS and belittle people. I can tell what a worthless person you are.

It's okay. I have a couple of threads worth of compliments on my builds. Don't want or need your worthless comments.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Can't please everyone. Besides I don't see you posting pictures of your builds. Guess you can only criticize.

You just talk BS and belittle people. I can tell what a worthless person you are.

It's okay. I have a couple of threads worth of compliments on my builds. Don't want or need your worthless comments.

Lol. You’re the guy chasing “likes” eh?

Can’t imagine you got many with that space ship turd you posted above

I never knew one could rice out a Mustang but you sir have proved me wrong!

It’s almost like you selected something from EVERY page in the Pep Boys catalog in that “build”.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hey, no need to drag the Japanese or Koreans into this disaster.
Okay, I see how it is. While gimme D!(%$ is typing trash, you're giving it to him from behind. Then you guys switch and he's giving it to you from behind while you're typing trash.

Who am I to talk about your lifestyle choices.

Enjoy the rest of your evening gay boys.

Screenshot_20200310-230840_Gallery.jpeg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m just glad you took me off ignore! Such a faggy move to begin with...glad you came to your senses.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Okay, I see how it is. While gimme D!(%$ is typing trash, you're giving it to him from behind. Then you guys switch and he's giving it to you from behind while you're typing trash.

Who am I to talk about your lifestyle choices.

Enjoy the rest of your evening gay boys.

View attachment 1627712

An actual representation of me. As I judge your fake badged cars.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member

Real Cobra's were based on the AC Ace. The '03-'04 cars are based on the Mustang. They are completely different cars, obviously. The usage of the Cobra name on a Mustang is to denote a trim level, like all other Mustang Cobra's. I've never met or heard of anyone trying to pass off their Mustang Cobra as an AC Cobra. But, when you see a V-6 Mustang with Cobra badges, you know what's going on.

Do I care what other people do with their car? Ultimately, No. However, I don't believe in misrepresentation. I think that most people who up-badge their car, whatever it is, has more to do with perceived status than anything else.

I like the look of Saleen Mustangs. If I put a Saleen body kit on my car, I would not put Saleen stickers on it. Why? It's not a real Saleen.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Honestlly, there's only one member on this site that has EARNED the right to have a Mustang born as a GT wear the Shelby GT500/SVT badges. That person would be Lexiion. His GT was literally converted to GT500 specification by him, on his own down to the ECU/firmware. Engine, trans, harness, junction blocks, brakes... you name it, his car has it.

Short of projects like that? Nah, just a poser.

I respect the hell out of anyone that takes a clapped out car, stuffs a big ass V8 into it with boost and runs bitches over in Mexico, than a person who would take a base V6 Mustang and slap GT500 bodywork and emblems all over.

I think my heap is(was?) pretty close. I opted for a spoiler delete and I'm running a different ECU strategy but it had everything else short of the VIN tag. Not so much now with the engine rebuild, TT/SC rebuild, intercooler upgrades, and fuel system upgrades. Now it's much more to your latter point...

I wonder how many ‘57 Chevy Belairs with all the options started life as a 150 or a 210? Not too many people seem to get their panties in a knot about those clones.

Oh there's plenty of old timers that get their jorts in a knot for even less egregious things on old cars. They'll complain if your vintage car doesn't have a perfect factory paint match, you don't have the factory original bolts, you don't have an exact OEM emissions decal on the hood, you've got non OEM wiper blades... All kinds of nit picky stuff.

Personally I love the butthurt my car causes.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Im starting to feel guilty for calling my pet boa constrictor a cobra. If I get 100 likes, I will just refer to it as an “import” snake from now on. I promise...

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Yes, copying a VIN is a fraudulent endeavor. This is the thread that keeps on giving lol.

while i appreciate your response i'm more interested in one from the camp that thinks its kosher to badge something in accordance with it being something it is not in actuality.

the only difference i see between swapping a vin plate is force of law stands in opposition to one while the other can be done with impunity. however, fundamentally, they are the same exact action.

Users who are viewing this thread