Misbadged - Help me Out

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Hey you guys could get together and start a fake car company. It will be ok as long as you make it perfectly clear that “you build fake cars, but the intent is not to build fake cars.”

There are already several out there, Revology, Superperformance, Factory Five to name a few

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I bet if you took off the scoops your gay friends would ride in the car again

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

LOL, you're so funny and insulting at the same time.

Type away because I won't see any more of your responses any more.

BLOCKED...……...

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
There are already several out there, Revology, Superperformance, Factory Five to name a few

is that true, though?

factory five does a couple replicas of extremely expensive unobtainable cars and has a few original vehicles.

revology is officially licensed by ford and shelby. this is huge. that completely legitimizes their entire operation and they apparently sell super high end restomods of these vehicles. at a super high cost. personally I think you'd be crazy to pay 200K for a mustang.

superformance exclusively makes luxury racing replicas, things that are replicas of million dollar cars.

personally if you create a replica of a million dollar car for a fraction of the price that is BRILLIANT. you win the game.

that's not the same as putting cobra badges on a V6 mustang from the 90's.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
is that true, though?

factory five does a couple replicas of extremely expensive unobtainable cars and has a few original vehicles.

revology is officially licensed by ford and shelby. this is huge. that completely legitimizes their entire operation and they apparently sell super high end restomods of these vehicles. at a super high cost. personally I think you'd be crazy to pay 200K for a mustang.

superformance exclusively makes luxury racing replicas, things that are replicas of million dollar cars.

personally if you create a replica of a million dollar car for a fraction of the price that is BRILLIANT. you win the game.

that's not the same as putting cobra badges on a V6 mustang from the 90's.

I do agree that paying north of 200K for a Mustang is just dumb but some peo ple have more money than brains. There are plenty of examples of people cloning cars, 1970 Chevelles are a good exapmple, add some SS badges and some stripes and you have what looks like a Super Sport. They are not the originals and therefore clones. A clone is a clone. Your arguement has been that making one car look like another is devaluing the original. A Factory Five car clone isn't really that much more expensive that an new vehicle should be obtainable by most people if they want one. A Revology car is clone of the original cars and are priced well above what an all original fully restored Mustang would be because they are using modern parts and technology and are hand built but appear to be original cars. Most non enthusiast people couldn't tell an original 3 million dollar 427 Cobra from a reasonable Factory Five car does that devalue an original? Not by the pricing I have seen. Either clones are bad or clones are ok, which is it? The only people that seem to have their panties in a bunch about it is a few factory Terminator owners. no one else cares.

C0bra99

Established Member
I do agree that paying north of 200K for a Mustang is just dumb but some peo ple have more money than brains. There are plenty of examples of people cloning cars, 1970 Chevelles are a good exapmple, add some SS badges and some stripes and you have what looks like a Super Sport. They are not the originals and therefore clones. A clone is a clone. Your arguement has been that making one car look like another is devaluing the original. A Factory Five car clone isn't really that much more expensive that an new vehicle should be obtainable by most people if they want one. A Revology car is clone of the original cars and are priced well above what an all original fully restored Mustang would be because they are using modern parts and technology and are hand built but appear to be original cars. Most non enthusiast people couldn't tell an original 3 million dollar 427 Cobra from a reasonable Factory Five car does that devalue an original? Not by the pricing I have seen. Either clones are bad or clones are ok, which is it? The only people that seem to have their panties in a bunch about it is a few factory Terminator owners. no one else cares.

ca2e38bbea8cfc7b05b5e9285c69cd0b.png
322906172d3e38518dfcbf317b179bad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Either clones are bad or clones are ok, which is it?

first of all, clones (actual clones not just cosmetic replicas with none of the substance) ARE okay... they're just kinda dumb.
its generally just not cost effective. so quite literally... a bad strategy.

putting a GT or cobra badge on a base model is dumb in addition to it being lying.
you're telling people the thing is something it isn't when you do that.

its all vanity. trying to pretend you can have something you can't actually have.
what makes it dumb is that there's nothing wrong with "lesser" mustangs because most of the "superior" ones really aren't THAT much superior to their other variants.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Clones can be a very cost effective way to get what you want, The Superperfomance MKIII is around 100K new, depending on what you want for options, compare that to a real deal 427 Cobra that are generally pretty deep into 7 figures and the clone looks pretty good considering it looks very similar and if equipped properly runs and performs better than the original. Cloning a Terminator makes little sense cost wise but could be a good exercise if you are looking for a project although a coyote swap makes more sense now with the 4.6 DOHC getting long in the tooth.

The Mach 1 grill delete for the 99-04 cars is also a pretty popular swap too. That was only ever offered on the Mach 1 and I have never heard a Mach 1 owner complain that he/she sees it on "regular" gt's. What is you feeling about the grill comversion? should that only be allowed on the Mach 1?

Last edited:

C0bra99

Established Member
another Terminator owner speaks up.....
It has nothing to do with value. It's about misrepresenting. You can fool some people just not yourself. It's lame and shows the type of person you are ....fake.
The Mach 1 grill delete for the 99-04 cars is also a pretty popular swap too. That was only ever offered on the Mach 1 and I have never heard a Mach 1 owner complain that he/she sees it on "regular" gt's. What is you feeling about the grill comversion? should that only be allowed on the Mach 1?

You just don't get it! You can copy a car as much as you like. Once you start putting badges on the car and misrepresenting it as something it's not. That is when the line is crossed.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
You just don't get it! You can copy a car as much as you like. Once you start putting badges on the car and misrepresenting it as something it's not. That is when the line is crossed.[/QUOTE]

So it's ok to put on '03 Cobra front and rear bumpers, hood and side skirts as long as I don't put badges on it and no one would think it is an '03 Cobra without the badges? That wouldn't be misrepresenting a car as something it isn't? I don't think it's me that doesn't get it

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
You just don't get it! You can copy a car as much as you like. Once you start putting badges on the car and misrepresenting it as something it's not. That is when the line is crossed.

So it's ok to put on '03 Cobra front and rear bumpers, hood and side skirts as long as I don't put badges on it and no one would think it is an '03 Cobra without the badges? That wouldn't be misrepresenting a car as something it isn't? I don't think it's me that doesn't get it[/QUOTE]
Yeah...It’s you.

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
So it's ok to put on '03 Cobra front and rear bumpers, hood and side skirts as long as I don't put badges on it and no one would think it is an '03 Cobra without the badges? That wouldn't be misrepresenting a car as something it isn't? I don't think it's me that doesn't get it

correct. it is the difference between copying your friends hair color and copying their ID.

i got a V6 hood and bumper for my cobra. does that make me a poser?
no, i just like them better than what came on the car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread