Military MOS

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
I miss playin with people that didn't know what a Mach 1 was. Most people that it was a gt (some thought it was a sixer because of the pony badge) with a cool hood. But when I opened it up in 3rd, it was always a surprise. I miss that thing...

I wanted a Mach 1 in 03 when I came back from Korea. Didn't get one cause I could not find one in the short period of time I had to get ready to PCS. But Mach 1's are one of my favorites and yours looked sharp.

Last edited:

megameGT500

Established Member
Sorry for the lousy cell phone footage. Left my camera at home by accident.

[youtube_browser]pbltITZsISs[/youtube_browser]

What year was the GT500. WOW. It looks like the guy was out of his league driving it. I am NOT knocking your Cobra but did his driving have anything to do to getting his ass handed to him or is your Cobra that bad ass. If it is that bad ass, kudos to you that is one mean Cobra and I have see it.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
What year was the GT500. WOW. It looks like the guy was out of his league driving it. I am NOT knocking your Cobra but did his driving have anything to do to getting his ass handed to him or is your Cobra that bad ass. If it is that bad ass, kudos to you that is one mean Cobra and I have see it.

Oh no, not knocking at all! I wish I had a street legal car that can best a GT500 by 3 1/2 seconds! I can't even imagine what that would translate into besides sheer insanity.

Other than the fact the guy had zero driving ability and no clue what he was doing with that much power, it was just a matter of hooking up and going for me (that was a 11.92 for me). I figured I would win as I run mid/upper 11's. I even warned the guy because I watched him race earlier, "stab, shift, stab, shift, stab, shift" as fast as you can otherwise your not going to get any traction and I was right. Just sat and spun as I drove off.

gotta have traction before you can think of racing. :beer:

To be fair and honest, I got absolutely destroyed by another GT500 ('10) that had nothing more than gears, tune and a KB topping the motor. Not sure what boost numbers he was running but he ran a 10.5 w/slicks.

Last edited:

acdrew

Established Member
I am a 14T patriot missle crewmember launcher maintainer its a cool job trying to reclass but because the military is over strength its kinda hard these days to get anything.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I am a 14T patriot missle crewmember launcher maintainer its a cool job trying to reclass but because the military is over strength its kinda hard these days to get anything.

I've always liked watching the patriot demonstrations at Sill back in the day. Those things are amazing.

megameGT500

Established Member
i was K9 did a tour in japan and came here. did a PSD tour in afghan from sept10 to feb11. we have a squadron here.

I see. I wouldn't mind trying to organize all the SVTP military in our area and have a get together sometime. How much longer you have here? :beer:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I see. I wouldn't mind trying to organize all the SVTP military in our area and have a get together sometime. How much longer you have here? :beer:
i have one more year left im outta here in 2013. the get together would be badass. i havent seen much of a car scene here compared to Sc but i hear there is one lol. i just never ventured that way.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I've read of a big cruise hosted by a mustang group someplace in OKC. I've seen their pictures on some forum and it looked they get big turn outs. Just cant remember their name unfortunately.

OKC isn't bad though. I'm up there all the time.

megameGT500

Established Member
I've read of a big cruise hosted by a mustang group someplace in OKC. I've seen their pictures on some forum and it looked they get big turn outs. Just cant remember their name unfortunately.

OKC isn't bad though. I'm up there all the time.

Christmas Cruise to Guthrie on 17 Dec? If thats it, it is the Oklahoma
Mustang Club. I have heard very little about them but one thing I did hear from a few sources, one was here, that they don't consider the Shelby's/SVT's "Mustangs" Not sure how true it is.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Christmas Cruise to Guthrie on 17 Dec? If thats it, it is the Oklahoma
Mustang Club. I have heard very little about them but one thing I did hear from a few sources, one was here, that they don't consider the Shelby's/SVT's "Mustangs" Not sure how true it is.

hmmm ive seen their website i think there are some shelby's. Ive heard that they are more or less a show club and nothing else. a guy i used to work with is a member and has a riced out 05-09 GT that they think is badass. enough for me not to want to associate. although they do do track days at the oklahoma county sheriffs road course.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Anyone know of a good trans shop in Lawton? I just bought an 03 Cobra (pics later)and its ready for a new clutch. I was thinking about going to Southwest transmission but I'm not sure which one to pick. Thanks!

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Anyone know of a good trans shop in Lawton? I just bought an 03 Cobra (pics later)and its ready for a new clutch. I was thinking about going to Southwest transmission but I'm not sure which one to pick. Thanks!

I posted this response in the other thread but just in case you don't see that one...

Crows on Cache road used to have several excellent mechanics there but I've heard the place went bust. They did the transmission in my 83 GT and it was bulletproof.

Billingsley? Yeah, don't get me started. Lets just say I had to take legal action on them a couple years back for a terrible job they did on something of mine.

But, to help, there is a shop in Altus called Tripps automotive. He used to work at some high end Ford SVT dealership and is a wizard with all things Ford. He did my clutch in my Cobra when I killed it last year. Took him 4 hours and I was good to go. Rebuilt the trans in my 97 Thunderbird as well.

He has also rebuilt two engines for friends of mine with zero issue. Great guy and has competitive rates and Under what everyone else may charge. 580-379-4445. You have to make an appointment to get your car in but that will be the only thing they work on so the downtime is minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread