Military MOS

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Never happened to me. All of our NCOs were pretty courteous and respectful of the rank even knowing that we're glorified privates.

But at the same time, half of my class were prior enlisted so that might have had something to do with it.

I can honestly say that I've really enjoyed working with the NCOs I've been around. Very few times have I even seen a substandard NCO and none of those worked directly with me.

Hopefully, I experienced the exception and not the norm. There are a lot of solid NCO's here. I work with a few of them evey day.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Hopefully, I experienced the exception and not the norm. There are a lot of solid NCO's here. I work with a few of them evey day.

Based on my buddies responses with their classes, I'd say you were the exception.

The O-3s are much worse and were sometimes plain unprofessional.

The only reason I mentioned my NCO experiences is because they make a huge deal out of interacting with NCOs when in actuality, that's much easier than interacting with peers.

megameGT500

Established Member
Based on my buddies responses with their classes, I'd say you were the exception.

The O-3s are much worse and were sometimes plain unprofessional.

The only reason I mentioned my NCO experiences is because they make a huge deal out of interacting with NCOs when in actuality, that's much easier than interacting with peers.

Yes. If you want to see fireworks put about four or five O3/O4 together and have them in the same office. Whatever you do, DO NOT mention you are promotable. Fun times. Now this can happen at any meeting but add the "good idea fairy" and then things really get interesting.

Last edited:

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
I drive by the Cobra thats for sale every day and am tempted to look at it. I wish I knew where I am getting stationed so I could decide to get into a Cobra or keep rockin the explorer as my DD and my 67 Bronco as my weekend toy. If I get to go to Bragg (I really want to go to Bragg) I'll be selling the Explorer, getting a Cobra to DD, and keeping the Bronco as my weekend fun truck. Is there a drag strip near by? I'd love to go hang out at a test and tune

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
I drive by the Cobra thats for sale every day and am tempted to look at it. I wish I knew where I am getting stationed so I could decide to get into a Cobra or keep rockin the explorer as my DD and my 67 Bronco as my weekend toy. If I get to go to Bragg (I really want to go to Bragg) I'll be selling the Explorer, getting a Cobra to DD, and keeping the Bronco as my weekend fun truck. Is there a drag strip near by? I'd love to go hang out at a test and tune

I've never been to bragg but I wad raised in NC. There's a lot to do in NC and plenty of tuners. Can't wait to take leave and head back to my home state

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member

No tuners near us. There is a strip by Faxon but they have really strange hours. Thunder Valley Raceway Park is the best one in the state IMO. They are having a big event on the 28th.

Buy the Cobra, go racing and just sell one of the other toys when you get orders. :beer:

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Im more or less worried about a DD that'll be OK in snow. The broncos fun in snow but I'm keeping the miles low on it. Someone said the ice gets bad here in Lawton, does it snow much?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Im more or less worried about a DD that'll be OK in snow. The broncos fun in snow but I'm keeping the miles low on it. Someone said the ice gets bad here in Lawton, does it snow much?

OK is awesome with snow. It'll snow, melt during the day, and freeze at night. lol You'll get some snow but it usually turns into a giant sheet of ice during the night.

megameGT500

Established Member

I stopped and looked at the Cobra. Seller wants 9K. The car was dirty and the SVT on the rear was jacked up. I didn't look at the exhaust but I did look at the front end. I can't explain it but something just didn't look right on the bottom of the lower fascia. Couldn't really tell if the interior was dirty but I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt on the outside because of the OK dust. I think it is definitely worth it to stop by and look. I wouldn't mind buying it myself. I think it would make an excellent project car. My better half thought otherwise. IMO At least go and look at it. If you do, tell me your thoughts on it.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member

Yeah, it CAN snow but I've seen winters where we didn't get a single bit of winter precipitation. When it does happen, it darn sure does not stick around long. Even during the giant ice storm a couple years ago, the roads were clear as can be about 10 hours after the freezing rain stopped.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
I looke at the cobra today. Im thinking its been hit, whole car has been painted a color similar to DSG. Owner got antsy when I asked about running a carfax. Interior is pretty clean from what I could tell and it looks good from a distance. Paint needs to be wetsanded/buffed. Lots of orange peel. If he comes down 2K it would be a good deal but I'm thinking w/o driving it that there is something wrong with it. Owner also wouldn't tell me if the title was clear and in hand.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I looke at the cobra today. Im thinking its been hit, whole car has been painted a color similar to DSG. Owner got antsy when I asked about running a carfax. Interior is pretty clean from what I could tell and it looks good from a distance. Paint needs to be wetsanded/buffed. Lots of orange peel. If he comes down 2K it would be a good deal but I'm thinking w/o driving it that there is something wrong with it. Owner also wouldn't tell me if the title was clear and in hand.

That's really strange. Obviously the car has been ragged out and he knows it but still wants the high dollar.

Or better yet, I bet it has a salvage title. Otherwise, if it was clean, he would have immediately said so as that's a selling point. Dodging the question means deception.

I should call the guy and really screw with him. I hate dishonest people

megameGT500

Established Member

I was thinking the same thing as far as price goes but like I said my better half didn't like the idea. I agree w/ you I just couldn't put my finger on it but it looks like he hit something from the front and did not do a good job of cleaning up the front fascia. I also doubt he would want to open the hood. If you get the VIN a carfax can be run on this site. I just don't think the car would be any good unless alot of work was done to it and I would really like to be the one to do it but hopefully another one will come along in a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread