Mike Rousch...A huge thank you.

ajpturbo

Established Member
I seriously cannot wrap my head around what more you are looking for? Do you want the tuner to post the scripts and data showing that there was a speed limiter of 121 on his PCM? He clearly stated in the first post that there was a speed-limiter unseen by anyone. I'm not sure what other information you want guy...

OP, glad the tune was fixed and I think it's great you posted this as gratitude!

Wasn't looking for anything of great detail.....He didn't say in the original post that it was even a speed limiter problem....If you would've at least said that it would've sufficed. From reading the first post it could've been anything. And you would've been hard pressed to even guess what it could've been....It would be like making a thread saying I've had a problem and got it fixed...I would expect some questions....But if you don't feel the same then cool. We are different...No biggie. Damn people are wound tight around here lol

cstone94

Established Member
Wasn't looking for anything of great detail.....He didn't say in the original post that it was even a speed limiter problem....If you would've at least said that it would've sufficed. From reading the first post it could've been anything. And you would've been hard pressed to even guess what it could've been....It would be like making a thread saying I've had a problem and got it fixed...I would expect some questions....But if you don't feel the same then cool. We are different...No biggie. Damn people are wound tight around here lol

Copied from post #1 of this thread, and edited for clarification...

"I went out and tried out the tune and I'm back in business and i'ts a huge relief. Apparently my PCM has to be lied to in some way to get it to go past 121mph, this is an issue that hasn't been seen before(just my luck) and Mike notified SCT about it. My tuner sent me new n/a and Nitrous tunes and I look forward to getting back to the track."

Now what's your excuse?

spdracr0

Established Member
Ok. Don't know if this is what is wrong with mine but I originally explained it as like the speed limiter is there. However on my car it seems variable. The car will run 1300ft fueling great and hauling ass and then just limp. Car doesn't shut off but goes into a limp mode. I can. Once I get to the end of the return road all is well. Funny thing or just coincidence. It never did it till I messed with the converter.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
Ok. Don't know if this is what is wrong with mine but I originally explained it as like the speed limiter is there. However on my car it seems variable. The car will run 1300ft fueling great and hauling ass and then just limp. Car doesn't shut off but goes into a limp mode. I can. Once I get to the end of the return road all is well. Funny thing or just coincidence. It never did it till I messed with the converter.

mine was not variable and I had a similar issue in the past with a different tuner before I installed the converter. That was one of the reasons that I seeked out a new tuner.

spdracr0

Established Member
We have yet to truly troubleshoot it. But I am confident we will get it figured out and I can go into the 141++

D.T.R

Established Member
Mike is also helping me with my transmission tune "glitch".
Awesome guy, so willing to help.

Shaun@AED

We have yet to truly troubleshoot it. But I am confident we will get it figured out and I can go into the 141++

The logs you sent me with this happening showed a lack of fuel.
Data logs with Torque Source added will be needed to do any diagnostics.

Users who are viewing this thread