Mike Rousch...A huge thank you.

4VFTW

Established Member
I am obligated to let the community know about how appreciative I am of the help Mike provided me with a PCM issue on my car.

Basically the story is this...My car has been running awesome n/a , but it was time to put some spray through it see what it would do so I hit the track and for some odd reason the car would hit a wall at 121mph...no wrench light or codes but it would close throttle and throw a torque source in the datalogs. After the tune was looked over and everything was as it should be I was at a dead end and extremely frustrated. I saw the post from another member about how good mike was with tuning the A6 cars so I sent him a pm.

Mike pm'd me back with his # and I explained the issue to him. Mike was confident that between he and my tuner they could come up with a solution. Mike sent me a base tune to try and it produced similar results. At that point he wanted me to start trying to eliminate mechanical issues and I was getting worried. Later that night he sent me an email telling me that after talking with my tuner and bouncing things back and forth they had come up with a new tune to try. I went out and tried out the tune and I'm back in business and i'ts a huge relief. Apparently my PCM has to be lied to in some way to get it to go past 121mph, this is an issue that hasn't been seen before(just my luck) and Mike notified SCT about it. My tuner sent me new n/a and Nitrous tunes and I look forward to getting back to the track.

Now the ridiculous part is that Mike refused to accept payment for his services and he is absolutely deserving of it.

Thank You again Mike, you are a huge asset to the community and I owe you one. :beer:

ajpturbo

Established Member
So what was the problem? kinda vague lol...Were they deserving of your gratitude or did they just have a tuning deficiency in the first place and needed to fix you up?

It's like saying a guy really jacked my car up but then fixed it for free lol

Shaun@AED

So what was the problem? kinda vague lol...Were they deserving of your gratitude or did they just have a tuning deficiency in the first place and needed to fix you up?

A speed limiter we've never encountered before.

ajpturbo

Established Member
Ok cool....AED I wasn't saying you messed his car up and then took care of it I was just interested in what it could've been...

AED seems to be the way to go for people that are uncertain...I'm a fan..

Shaun you work with the guy by me, Tim at Rodeheaver's...He says good things about you.

He was interested who I did my tuning with when he did my clutch for my Hellion kit

4VFTW

Established Member

I'm not really sure how you could have read my post and came up with question #2 and the last statement.

ajpturbo

Established Member
I'm not really sure how you could have read my post and came up with question #2 and the last statement.

It's pretty simple. I was giving you an invitation for you to expound

I know you didn't feel like anyone made a mistake that they needed to fix. But not enough detail IMO

Perhaps you didn't understand what I was looking for

ajpturbo

Established Member
Bro, you never said what the problem was....Just that there was a problem that ended up getting fixed.

How or why would I know if it was a mistake or something out of someone's control?

You took my post as if it was taking a shot...Re read mine any you may come up with something different.

I've re read yours and still feel the same...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Bro, you never said what the problem was....Just that there was a problem that ended up getting fixed.

How or why would I know if it was a mistake or something out of someone's control?

You took my post as if it was taking a shot...Re read mine any you may come up with something different.

I've re read yours and still feel the same...

Why are you in here? Are you drunk?

ajpturbo

Established Member
Why are you in here? Are you drunk?

No, I'm not. I thought this forum is tech related? How is your question to me tech related?

I was just looking for more of an explanation as to what the problem was.

From the OP's initial post it could've been perceived that he was expressing gratitude for a problem that was fixed but caused from a tune which would be silly.

I don't think that was the case but wanted more of an explanation....If you can't understand that then there is not much I can help you with.

4VFTW

Established Member
By comprehending the following statements I made...

After the tune was looked over and everything was as it should be I was at a dead end and extremely frustrated.

Mike sent me a base tune to try and it produced similar results.

Apparently my PCM has to be lied to in some way to get it to go past 121mph, this is an issue that hasn't been seen before(just my luck) and Mike notified SCT about it.

Mike Rousch

Established Member
I am obligated to let the community know about how appreciative I am of the help Mike provided me with a PCM issue on my car.

Basically the story is this...My car has been running awesome n/a , but it was time to put some spray through it see what it would do so I hit the track and for some odd reason the car would hit a wall at 121mph...no wrench light or codes but it would close throttle and throw a torque source in the datalogs. After the tune was looked over and everything was as it should be I was at a dead end and extremely frustrated. I saw the post from another member about how good mike was with tuning the A6 cars so I sent him a pm.

Mike pm'd me back with his # and I explained the issue to him. Mike was confident that between he and my tuner they could come up with a solution. Mike sent me a base tune to try and it produced similar results. At that point he wanted me to start trying to eliminate mechanical issues and I was getting worried. Later that night he sent me an email telling me that after talking with my tuner and bouncing things back and forth they had come up with a new tune to try. I went out and tried out the tune and I'm back in business and i'ts a huge relief. Apparently my PCM has to be lied to in some way to get it to go past 121mph, this is an issue that hasn't been seen before(just my luck) and Mike notified SCT about it. My tuner sent me new n/a and Nitrous tunes and I look forward to getting back to the track.

Now the ridiculous part is that Mike refused to accept payment for his services and he is absolutely deserving of it.

Thank You again Mike, you are a huge asset to the community and I owe you one. :beer:

Hey man, Thank you so much for working with us both on the issue. It was a pleasure:beer:

I understand the merit of your question, but Shaun is no fly by night calibrator. So the mere assumption that he would try to hide a mistake is just not called for. His customer service is the best in the industry witch is why we got together on this. At the end of the day he has a happy customer which is what we both wanted. I am not trying to poke at you, so i hope you do not take it that way. Just wanted to set the record strait:beer:

DITTO! Maybe he should re-read your post.

I am not surprised that Mike solved your problem. Mike Rousch is the man!

Thanks man, It was great working on yours today!

Last edited:

ajpturbo

Established Member
Shaun actually sounds like one of the better ones out there, which takes a lot for me to say.

Never really thought he was hiding anything.

Just was looking for a little better explanation from the OP than just they found the problem and took care of me.

IT's all good

It just sounded silly to me like the OP was patting somebody on the back for doing something that they should've ....Like hey congratulations on doing the right thing....

cstone94

Established Member
Shaun actually sounds like one of the better ones out there, which takes a lot for me to say.

Never really thought he was hiding anything.

Just was looking for a little better explanation from the OP than just they found the problem and took care of me.

IT's all good

It just sounded silly to me like the OP was patting somebody on the back for doing something that they should've ....Like hey congratulations on doing the right thing....

I seriously cannot wrap my head around what more you are looking for? Do you want the tuner to post the scripts and data showing that there was a speed limiter of 121 on his PCM? He clearly stated in the first post that there was a speed-limiter unseen by anyone. I'm not sure what other information you want guy...

OP, glad the tune was fixed and I think it's great you posted this as gratitude!

Users who are viewing this thread