Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Offroad Prochamber (added 02-06-06)

Votes: 16 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Good

Established Member
JUST GOT THE KOOKS HEADERS AND JDM H-PIPE with Cats. My new is exhaust is now KOOKS headers, JDM h-pipe w/cats, and borla stingers. All I have say WOW. Even my dad is a little nervous about sound laws. I went to the shop and he drove the cobra and I was behind him in the van and mannnnnnnnnnnn is it cool. I mean IT IS LOUD. Sounds quiet at idle and like the stinger but with more bass, with no boost but once the whipple kicks in it is crazy. Also I had to go get dinner and my dad was on the front deck a he said he can hear loud and clear on the main roads at WOT where with the stingers we were a ghost's wisper.

acrod

Established Member
I have the mrt o/r h-pipe with magnaflow catback, at first when I put the o/r hpipe on about 6 months ago it was real loud almost too loud at WOT and rumbly but man it sounded mean, I liked it but took getting used to. Recently though I've noticed the exhaust note has changed and it sounds even better. It has a deeper note, more rumbly and has lost some of that almost unbearable loudness at WOT which is making me like it even more. I'm very happy with the mrt

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
I have Bassani CB and catted X-pipe. I would consider it pretty loud and there is significant drone at highway speeds. I was amazed at how deep it sounds when I let a friend drive it and I listened as it was pulling away, it sounds like a true musclecar. When you are in the drivers seat though it's a different tone, you get more of the x-pipe pitch and not so much of the deep rumble. I would like to address the drone though and bring down the overall loudness a few notches. Would anyone here say that a Prochamber or MRT H would accomplish this?

ive got the slp catted x pipe with the loudmouth 1's.like everyone said dowmn low the sound sucks but after about 4000 rpms it is amazing imo

smokinjos

Established Member
I have just put on a magniflow cat back mated to an off road h pipe it is louder than @*&$# makes my flowmasters on my old 5.0 gt seem quiet it is fun but... cant hear the supercharger I miss that! any ideas ??

Jorday

Established Member
I have the magnaflow catback on my car, too. I was thinking of getting an off road x pipe, but maybe I should get a catted x pipe because I don't want the car loud as hell.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Catted Pro-chamber here.

-Jeff

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
DarkHelmet22 said:
I just got my O/R bassani x today I hope is sounds good with my Magnaflow catback. I have the mac prochamber and mac mufflers on my GT and I love the sound but on the cobra I wanted to have a more exotic sound I hope I made a good choice with the x.

Please Please report back your results with this combo.. I have been considering the exact same setup and would love to know what you thought of it.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Don't forget fellas.. Your car sounds like a whole different car from the outside.. Worse case get a buddy or someone to drive past you one day and you'll know what I mean. It's one thing to hear your car day in and day out from the drivers Seat but it sounds way different to everyone else outside the car.

The Good

Established Member
Running Kooks LT, to JDM H-pipe catted, Borla Stingers video coming soon....

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member

SVT04

Established Member
acrod said:
I have the mrt o/r h-pipe with magnaflow catback, at first when I put the o/r hpipe on about 6 months ago it was real loud almost too loud at WOT and rumbly but man it sounded mean, I liked it but took getting used to. Recently though I've noticed the exhaust note has changed and it sounds even better. It has a deeper note, more rumbly and has lost some of that almost unbearable loudness at WOT which is making me like it even more. I'm very happy with the mrt

Let's see.....6 months ago it sounded real loud.....then it changed....not so loud any more..........most exhaust systems get louder as time goes by....either that or the driver gets deafer..... :lol: What did you say son ? My bar is plowed ??? :lol:

tankerman1981

Established Member
well i have a MAC O/R H-Pipe and hopefully soon I'll be adding a MAC Catback.. right now I ahve the stock catback with magnflow mufflers welded in and it sounds too much like glasspacks at low RPMs sooo will be changing soon...

terminator04

Director Choice 1st place
Established Member
DR. WU 2000 said:
I have the Maggi catted X and it sounds nice. I went with the x because they say it makes the most power, but it can sound a little exotic. I prefer the sound of the H pipe, but I can't see swapping it out for just the sound. :shrug: It does sound sweet at wide open throttle though. :rockon:
there is no difference in hp! people say there is but here is like 1 or 2 more hp maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread