Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Offroad Prochamber (added 02-06-06)

Votes: 16 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the advantage of an aftermarket catted H-pipe compared to the stock H-pipe?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea good question cobra-master, is there much? does anyone have proof through a dyno or know from another experience?

kcsburk

Established Member
Cobra-Master said:
Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the advantage of an aftermarket catted H-pipe compared to the stock H-pipe?

Aftermarket H pipes use 2.5" diameter tubing vs 2.25" and they have 2 high flow converters vs 4 converters on the stock h pipe. Yes, they are some what louder.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
anyone have any recent clips of their CATTED-X exhausts on their 03/04?

Orange Poison

Established Member
I love my sound with the stock H and Stingers. I went through 3 different setups and finally putting back on the stock H. I haven't heard anything more perfect than this combo IMHO.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
:banana: Bassani mid lengths and Bassani X pipe no cats and Bassani catback. :pepper:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Bassani mid lengths, Bassani catted X, Borla Stingers....I like it but i'm thinking of changing the mid-pipe out to a prochamber..

jpk

Established Member
got torque said:
:banana: Bassani mid lengths and Bassani X pipe no cats and Bassani catback. :pepper:

I'm thinking of that setup. I can't really justify the price of the Bassani cat-back compared to Borla, Steeda, or Magnaflow, however. What does the Bassani have that makes it worth paying more than $100 extra for?

I used to have a Bassani CB and X on my SN95 Cobra and it didn't fit all that great (required custom job to get the tailpipes to line up). The sound was cool, but not any more special that the other good catbacks.

So what makes them so expensive and worth the extra dough?

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
"BNH4.6" i wanted to know how you liked that setup on the 03'?

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
I just got my O/R bassani x today I hope is sounds good with my Magnaflow catback. I have the mac prochamber and mac mufflers on my GT and I love the sound but on the cobra I wanted to have a more exotic sound I hope I made a good choice with the x.

Jpjr

Established Member
i've been running the stingers and stock-h, but have just purchased a stainless steel prochamber which will go on as soon as my clutch arrives.

and to second an earlier post, yes the hi-flow 2 cat aftermarket h-pipe is far superior to the thinner 4 cat stock H.

wangdoodle1740

Established Member
Darkhelmet, awsome name btw, how do you like that setup? I have the magnaflow cb, and am probably going to get the bassani o/r x soon. Does it drone real bad, or is it really raspy? Thanks in advance.

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
wangdoodle1740 said:
Darkhelmet, awsome name btw, how do you like that setup? I have the magnaflow cb, and am probably going to get the bassani o/r x soon. Does it drone real bad, or is it really raspy? Thanks in advance.
Well I think I would like it better if it had cats but it is kinda raspy. I do have to say at low rpms and quick throttle snaps it sounds really good but at like 3000 rpms at 1/2 throttle it kinda has a raspy truck sound to it. But I did want my car loud and it is really loud :rockon: I think you will like it if you can get over a little raspyness if not then I would definatley get a pro chamber that pipe sounds good with every catback known to man. Good luck with your choice hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread