• Offroad Prochamber (added 02-06-06)

Votes: 16 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Please Please report back your results with this combo.. I have been considering the exact same setup and would love to know what you thought of it.

I have close to the same combo, Magnaflow cb, but I have a MAC offroad X-pipe. Loud as hell! WOT is extremly loud, drones alot on the highway, especially around 2000rpm to about 2500. Very raspy at part throttle, sounds kinda like glass packs to me, until your wot that its loud and sounds sweet. I personally think itd sound better with an hpipe, I like it with the stock midpipe, it had a mellow sound and I could still hear the blower then. I plan on swapping out with an mrt h, and possibly a super 40 series flowmaster cb. My budy has a Saleen S281 with a bbk offroad x and flows, sounds awesome. He says its quiet inside, but it's loud as hell outside.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
H- Pipes

I have the Borla Stinger cat back with a stock H-pipe. It sounded pretty good this way. But not quite loud enough. So this past week, I went to the muffler shop and had the rear two cats removed. The sound changed dramatically!!! This thing roars now!! I can see people turning to hear what the noise is all about :pepper: :banana:

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
Hooker long tubes, hooker off-roadX, Magnaflow catback. I header wrapped the X-pipe all the way to the beginning of the tips of catback.

EJ23

Established Member
BBK long tubes, Dr. Gas O/R X Bassini Cat-Back. Sounds good!

BTW: I have Bassani Mid's and matching X pipe w/ removable cats for sale in the VA beach area for 600$. for everything.

jzepp

Established Member
I have a 98 cobra with 2 chamber 40 series flowmaster catback with stock h-pipe...........it was loud at first but i might be getting use to it..........i want it a bit louder but not obnoxiously loud..........will a catted h-pipe be significantly louder than the stock h-pipe. i guess i want to hear a nice deep low rumble but not have it insanely loud..........will an offroad h-pipe be extremely loud? It is a daily driver and i am just thinking that the extreme loudness might get on my nerves day in and day out but i still want it to be more aggressive than my stock h-pipe. Any suggestions?

snake134

i know there is a thread somewhere here that talk about a catted mrt h hokkin up to a bassani cb.....can it?

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
I have full bassani set up (mids, o/r x, and c.b.) I get a ton of compliments on the sound and the loudness of the set up. It screams at wot. i also have cams....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread