Mid-Atlantic Cobras come on in.......

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Jason, your vid IS a classic already. Just when you get comfortable with the video rolling, life just kicks in. Your video of the end of the track reminds me of a MAd Max movie. Lots of heaps laying around.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I've only gotten information from a few people (7 to date). I know that more people than that are interested, considering there's been a ton of views of this thread.

If you're interested in being kept up to date, or want to be a member of the club that we're trying to form here, please send your information to me via email at [email protected]

Try to keep your info in the following format:

Title, First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zip, Phone #, Email Address, SVTPerformance member name

Thanks a bunch fellas :-D

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Is this club strictly for Cobra owners or can a plebeian Mach I guy join in as well? I know my pistons and rods are not forged but I do have a supercharger.

I know of only 2 Cobras in the Easton area. Judging from how dirty they are the two of them treat their cars like I treat my lawn mower.

I need Mustang companionship!

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by Mr. Mach-ete
Is this club strictly for Cobra owners or can a plebeian Mach I guy join in as well? I know my pistons and rods are not forged but I do have a supercharger.

I know of only 2 Cobras in the Easton area. Judging from how dirty they are the two of them treat their cars like I treat my lawn mower.

I don't see an issue with it, after all the Mach does have an older cobra motor in it. Just watch how much boost you throw at it.

I will allow Sean to make the "decision" since he has gotten the ball rolling on the club. And I personally wouldn't limit the club to 03/04 cobras. Actually, Todd (rawsnake) has an older cobra.

sorry todd..my f-up before the edit.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Evan5469
Sean,

I emailed my info. to you a minute ago.

Got it man. Thanks a ton :thumbsup:

Keep sending me your info people... The list is steadily growing :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Mr. Mach-ete

Originally posted by WUTWINE
I don't see an issue with it, after all the Mach does have an older cobra motor in it. Just watch how much boost you throw at it.

I will allow Sean to make the "decision" since he has gotten the ball rolling on the club. And I personally would limit the club to 03/04 cobras. Actually, Todd (rawsnake) has an older cobra.

Yet another point of discussion. Although I kind of mentioned it in my previous list when I said "Member qualifications". I don't want to be the deciding party on this. I would like the group as a whole to come to a consensus. Although I do have to agree that I would keep it to Cobras.

But at the same time, I don't want to turn away any person who would like to join up. :shrug:

So, basically, until the group as a whole decides, I say you're in. :beer: And maybe even after the group decides, even if they decide Cobras only, you can still be a member under "extenuating" circumstances :thumbsup:

Welcome! :beer:

Send me your info, when you get a chance :-D ----> [email protected]

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I will allow Sean to make the "decision" since he has gotten the ball rolling on the club. And I personally would limit the club to 03/04 cobras. Actually, Todd (rawsnake) has an older cobra.

Great, Does that mean that I can't come out and play anymore?

RASWN8K

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by RAWSN8K

RASWN8K

Not at all man. I think what Jason was trying to say is that you have an older Cobra, and therefore we would need to think about what the qualifications for membership are, so that we can make sure to not exclude people such as yourself (and don't worry, you're in as far as I'm concerned... You were one of the original 4 people who met at the Severna Park Park&Ride :thumbsup: ).

This is obviously a bit of a sticky situation, so perhaps the first meeting we have will be concerning the name and member qualifications, instead of leadership.

I, personally, do not want to exclude other Cobra owners. And we're not going to exclude a member of the current group who got us that awesome spot at MIR and has been with us from the start. :-D

This situation needs some serious consideration though. I'd say it vies for spot #1 on the most important list. But obviously we need a name first.

I have to put together a schedule of when we're going to have the meetings. Anyone have a preference between weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly?? I want the meetings to be mostly about the club organization and not get in the way of, or overshadow our normal get togethers.

I really need some good input fellas. Feel free :-D

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by RAWSN8K

RASWN8K

oh shit, sorry man. I meant wouldn't..not would. I will edit that now. damn it. sorry man. I meant all cobra's, not just 03/04.

sean, as far as club meetings, I would say monthly. if we are going to have monthly GTG's, that is twice a month we are really meeting and it will be hard for some to do it that often. my problem is saturdays during college football. I don't like missing my seminoles play and I have been going to the home Terp games this season except for this weekend. but one club meeting and one GTG sounds good. I have another club down here i am part of, so I do some of their stuff to, but I think that will die down after the season until it warms back up.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
oh shit, sorry man. I meant wouldn't..not would. I will edit that now. damn it. sorry man. I meant all cobra's, not just 03/04.

sean, as far as club meetings, I would say monthly. if we are going to have monthly GTG's, that is twice a month we are really meeting and it will be hard for some to do it that often. my problem is saturdays during college football. I don't like missing my seminoles play and I have been going to the home Terp games this season except for this weekend. but one club meeting and one GTG sounds good. I have another club down here i am part of, so I do some of their stuff to, but I think that will die down after the season until it warms back up.

My thinking was the idea of the meetings being a separate thing from the GTGs. The only reason I thought that would be a good idea is because I didn't want to overshadow the fun GTGs with the more business-like atmosphere of discussing the formation of the club. That's the way I had envisioned it, but if you guys think that we can be successful in making some headway with what we want the club to be and still have sweet GTGs, then I'm all for it. The GTGs might just have to be a bit shorter to allow for some good discussion time.

I don't know. What do you guys think. PLEASE let me know.

Originally posted by Miamifan1354
Where would you all be meeting up? I'm in DE, so it would pry be a hike away for me..

I think that you're the very first Delaware guy to express interest in the club. Got anymore people over there that might be interested? :-D

As far as where we're meeting. I want the sum-total miles traveled for each person involved to be equal when all the meetings are complete. Know what I'm saying? Like if I had to travel 100 miles for meeting X, one of the next meetings I would only have to travel 20 miles, or something.

Right now, the locations that I was considering were as follows:

1) Alexandria, VA
2) Davidsonville, MD or Annapolis, MD
3) Gettysburg, PA
4) Silver Spring, MD

If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know.

I appreciate all the responses up to this point.

And by the way, I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread, Dwight. :-D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
That's fine Sean! That's what this thread is for! Starting to see some issues pop up that we need to address at some point.

When Jason (WUTWINE), Omar (RedfireVenom), and I started talking about a Cobra club back in the summer, we envisioned it as a Terminator club since that was our interest. But, Sean's GTG's have become more and more successful and Todd, Evan, and the other earlier Cobras have been a big part of that success. I feel we should definately include all Cobras in the group.

I just can't see calling Mr.Mach-ete up and telling him he can't participate in our activities because he doesn't have a Cobra. In what I've found out about you guys in the months that I've known you is that that's really not the type of people we are, (which is the reason we enjoy doing this Cobra stuff together and want to organize it so that we do even more of it!). He sounds like one of us.....has a neat car and wants to enjoy it with other people that appreciate neat cars. But, this is not a Ford club, or an SVT club, or a Mustang club. There's plenty of those clubs around.....

So, agree with Sean.... we need to discuss/vote on this one as a group. In the meantime, I feel Mr.Mach-ete should be welcome to any GTG we have going.

So guys, keep posting your interest in the Club on this thread and e-mail Sean your info. Let's start to get a roster together. Based on the attendance at the recent GTG's, there should be a good core group of 25+ or so of us that are in......

Sean and I will get a poll set up for possible names of the club and let's start thinking about the next time we get together. Some of you are going up to 75/80 this weekend. Get in touch with J.R. or Kenny (hissssnSVT) if you're interested.

There's another group os us doing the SVTOA Catoctin Cruise on OCT 24 (Me, WUTWINE, HissssnSVT, RedfireVenom, 2004SVTCobra, Cobra330, and probably blk03SVTCobra) This is a good one and hopefully a lot of you will make it to this one. We'll set up a thread with more info about it next week.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
When Jason (WUTWINE), Omar (RedfireVenom), and I started talking about a Cobra club back in the summer, we envisioned it as a Terminator club since that was our interest. But, Sean's GTG's have become more and more successful and Todd, Evan, and the other earlier Cobras have been a big part of that success. I feel we should definately include all Cobras in the group.

I just can't see calling Mr.Mach-ete up and telling him he can't participate in our activities because he doesn't have a Cobra. In what I've found out about you guys in the months that I've known you is that that's really not the type of people we are, (which is the reason we enjoy doing this Cobra stuff together and want to organize it so that we do even more of it!). He sounds like one of us.....has a neat car and wants to enjoy it with other people that appreciate neat cars. But, this is not a Ford club, or an SVT club, or a Mustang club. There's plenty of those clubs around.....

Agreed. I also couldn't envision calling up Mr. Mach-ete and telling him no. We definitely need to discuss member qualifications at some point early in the meetings.

So guys, keep posting your interest in the Club on this thread and e-mail Sean your info. Let's start to get a roster together. Based on the attendance at the recent GTG's, there should be a good core group of 25+ or so of us that are in......

Still waiting on a few people. But I've gotten 10 members' information. Just need quite a bit more :-D

There's another group os us doing the SVTOA Catoctin Cruise on OCT 24 (Me, WUTWINE, HissssnSVT, RedfireVenom, 2004SVTCobra and probably blk03SVTCobra) This is a good one and hopefully a lot of you will make it to this one. We'll set up a thread with more info about it next week.

Unless I have a prior engagement, I'm there. A cruise through the Catoctins in this weather would be nothing short of awesome. Where's the info on that?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Okay...I spoke with Sean off line about this so, I will put my name in the thread on line...I want in too. I am in a few clubs but, would like to dedicate my time to a local club..or association(I like the Mid-Atlanic Mustang Cobra Association or Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assocation). I like the idea of people with the same cars hanging out, talking about are cars, what and how to do things on the cars. Also, cruises, shows or track events. We can organize to get discounts for the track events, from local Mustang Shops and for MACA wear! I will be more than willing to dedicate blood, sweat and tears to the club..for meetings and to help build the club. So please please let me know when where, etc..as I am in now...I say we talk immediately and work this out so, come next spring...we can start with a plan for our group. That way we can grow quick..which should help us get the discounts..

Also..I am not a mechanic by any stretch but, I do have a garage and I am starting a tool collection..so, I will be glad to help those who help me work on my car..and offer my garage to work on your car during the winter out of the cold and wet....

Let me know guys! This is a great idea..and I know we can all make it work.

Sorry I know I am fairly new to you guys but, this is very exciting.

I keep seeing a Silver Cobra on Great Seneca Hwy in MoCo....hanging out at the McD.

:rockon: :burnout: :coolman: :D

2004svtcobra

Established Member
IronTerp.... I am definately going to be at the Catoctin Mtn. cruise. However, my wife will not make it this time. She recently was told by the doctor to stay off her feet and to keep away from fast cars because of the baby. The baby is doing fine and is very healthy. He is expected to be born the week of Nov 19th but he could come sooner.

As far as the cruise..I just need to know where and what time to be there.

I am very interested in the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Club. The Gettysburgh location would be a great place to meet as mentioned above. There is also a big Ford car show up in Carlisle, PA at the fairgrounds each year during the summer that I think we should attend as a group. An Atlantic City cruise would be a fun time as well. I definately think the MIR cruise was awesome and we should definately go there again.

Talk to you soon.

TRBO VNM

I will be at the cruise. I am going to the Ford Fever on Saturday and will do the cruise Sunday. Here is my vote/opinion on the club stuff.

Name: Mid-Atlantic Corba Association
Member: at a minimum all cobra owners 93-present and future. I would hate to keep out GT's and fox bodies because there are some amazing one's out there, but I think what keeps us tied close together is the fact of very similar mods to the cars and experience with them that the fox body and even 94-95 mustangs aren't really into I guess you could say. It's hard to explain online. I just don't want the "Association" to be viewed as pricks because only cobra's are allowed. know what I mean? Think about it, someone comes up with a 92-93 GT/Coupe, supercharged, all chromed out and done up very nice and we say sorry, you don't have a cobra or modular cobra motor.

I dunno, my first thought is all cobras, any yrs. And if others want join, we don't be pricks about it.

BTW, Sean you are a software engineer right? I think you said that. You wanna manage a website once all this gets kicked off? Make the founding members or something moderators or whatever? Nominate people or something? oh man, more decisions.

And I wasn't saying do one meeting a month to cover everything. I don't think we should do it like that. 2 meetings, 1 about the association and the other a GTG. Whoever can make either or both, great! That being said, when is our first "Club/Association" meeting?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Jason, I know that Dan (NJCOBRA10tha), has volunteered to "host" a website.

Agree with Troy (2004svtcobra), a cruise to Gettysburg (and impose on J.R.!!!) would be a great GTG! I'm a big Civil War nut and have been there tons. Sean, we have to mark that one down. Heck, J.R. has already volunteered his garage! I'll bring the hot dogs and hamburgers for the cookout!

What about next Sunday (Oct 17th) for a potential meeting/GTG? Any other conflicting events scheduled for that day? Sean, what do you think?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Jason, I know that Dan (NJCOBRA10tha), has volunteered to "host" a website.

Agree with Troy (2004svtcobra), a cruise to Gettysburg (and impose on J.R.!!!) would be a great GTG! I'm a big Civil War nut and have been there tons. Sean, we have to mark that one down. Heck, J.R. has already volunteered his garage! I'll bring the hot dogs and hamburgers for the cookout!

What about next Sunday (Oct 17th) for a potential meeting/GTG? Any other conflicting events scheduled for that day? Sean, what do you think?

I was actually thinking of Dan for the website too. I have a bit of experience in the area, but I am guessing Dan has more. I can at least help out a bunch. I know enough for that. But this is, again, a discussion for the meetings. I think I put it as a discussion topic on my original list. If not, it just got added.

As far as the date for the meeting goes, I think that's OK, but I gotta double-check my schedule.

The place is perfectly fine with me, and just for the record, I am a Civil War guy too, Dwight. I wanted to re-enact for the longest time with a buddy who does re-enacting for the 23rd North Carolina Regiment. My grandfather actually has a real 1862 Springfield .68cal rifle found boxed up in a Post Office in Fairfax, VA, along with a few other choice artifacts.

I didn't want to impose on J.R., unless he brings it upon himself willingly. I was just thinking we could go to a restaurant in the area (the Pub would have been my first choice, because the Dobbin House is a little expensive).

I don't know, I guess we'll have to decide. Let me know.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I agree with WUTWINE for the name..I think it sounds good.

All the locations mentioned sound good for a meeting. We can pick a place..have a bite to eat and discuss business.

I agree with 2 meetings a month. I think that would be necessary....to get it all together.

Let me know..I am in..I probably won't make it to 75/80 this weekend...at least I don't think so, at this point. Who's going any way..so, I know who to look for.

I will be at the NVMC show in VA on Sunday..anyone here going to that show?

I am in for the Catoctin Cruise 24...not sure if people are interested but on the 23rd their is Ford Fever at MIR..maybe that was mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread