Mid-Atlantic Cobras come on in.......

Dolemite

Established Member
Sounds like a great idea Dwight. I would definitely like to be a part of it. Regarding the football game, I have a feeling that Dematha's QB will be out for the season after the first play, I see him getting sandwiched by #45 and #50!!!!

Oct. 15 Good Counsel 28-6
Nov 12 Championship game Good Counsel 42-3
Good Counsel 2004 WCAC Champs.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Looks like there is definate interest in forming an organized club. Some really good ideas in the previous posts....need more to come!!!

The good thing is, we can obviously go in whatever direction we decide on as a group. The one thing that I feel is a huge benefit is, believe it or not, this Forum. I've met almost 50 Cobra owners in the 13 months that I've owned mine, and I bet over 75% of them was as a direct result of SVTP. The Forum is a great way to communicate and could be a valuable tool in deciding what direction to take this thing.

I agree with Dan in that most of us have pretty hectic lives with families, jobs, fiancees' (Sean & Mike!) and may not be able to make all the planned events, but can pick and choose what works for them. I've kinda been watching the development of the Motor City Terminators since I bought my Cobra and think what they have is pretty neat. There are now 77 members and it seems like there's always something going on if anyone feels so inclined. With the size of this region (Washington, Baltimore, Annapolis is the 4th largest metropolis in the country now....) there's no reason we can't get this many members and then some. And I'm not forgetting about our Pa, Va, NJ, and De comrads.....

Don't really know if it's necessary to elect officers or not, or if dues would be good or not, or even have regular weekly or monthly meetings (Attendance at these can really be hit or miss and using the Forum to discuss/decide issues may be better initially....). We can always decide on these later.

Probably the first two things we can work on is to come up with a name and begin a list of those that want to be a part. Sean, maybe you can start a poll in the Mid-Atlantic Forum with some options for names and we can just vote through the poll.

And here's the first list, based on posts to this thread:

skinsfan202 (Sierwan)
Evan 5469 (Evan)
FISHTAIL (Mike)
WUTWINE (Jason)
04SnakeNJ (Sean)
NJCOBRA10tha (Dan)
jcayer (Jim)
Predator (Dave)
RAWSN8K (Todd)
Hissssnsvt (Ken)
mystangs (Chris)
IronTerp (Dwight)
blk03SVTCobra (Sean)

Okay, that's 13 in one day. Who else is interested?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Well folks, I came up with a few discussion points for the meetings. I'll list them:

- Name
- Leadership/coordinator/administration designations (if any)
- Membership qualifications
- Finances (annual dues, monthly dues, no dues, sponsorship, etc)
- Website (existence, maintenance, coordinator)
- Events planning/coordination

That's really all I can think of, but I'm POSITIVE you guys can think of more that are important. The way I see it, we could get all that done in 3 meetings, as long as we get enough people for the meeting to make it worthwhile and to achieve the goals set forth. I also made myself a general template for the meeting minutes that will be sent out to all interested persons. All I need to do is start compiling a list of people's email addresses.

I want to start an Excel spreadsheet that has everyone's full name, address, cell#, email address, and any other useful contact information. Luckily, I already have something to start with - being the list of people that have attended these past 2 events. I am just going to need a bit more specific information from a few people. I'll try to do a lot of this tonight.

I will also be coordinating with Dan (NJCOBRA10thA) about getting the video from this weekend up. Maybe even helping Jason (WUTWINE) figure out how to capture the video he took in-car.

So please, make suggestions for the list of discussion points, AND if you would like to receive the emails about the progress of the meetings, PM me or email me ([email protected]) your information and I'll add you to the list.

Last edited:

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
You just want the name addy phone and email for everyone? and do you want us to email that to you, or wait until you have a spreadsheet to pass around?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by jcayer
You just want the name addy phone and email for everyone? and do you want us to email that to you, or wait until you have a spreadsheet to pass around?

Actually, an email with a cell from an Excell spreadsheet inserted into it would be perfect. Outlook allows you to do that, if any of you use it.

Otherwise, just the information in the following format would be sweet:

Title, First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, State, Zipcode, Phone #, Email, SVTP Member Name

I would prefer email, as it's easier to cut and paste it from there.

My E-mail----> [email protected]

Thanks a bunch fellas :-D

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Evan5469, I'm definatly interested in the tint thing...I was planning on getting that done in the next week or two. (I did it myself once, and I'll never do that again).

As far as track rental stuff goes, we might not have enough people to make it cost effective just yet, so if anyone wants me to talk to Harold(president of Eastern F Body) to see if they want to go in on it with us(and get some friendly competition) I can ask him. I know they rented MIR one time this year already but were rained out...maybe we should go in on their rain date whenever they get it?

As far as club dues go, thats really just one of those things everyone has to decide on as a group. My current club has them, but EFA and NVMC don't. They just collect money in advance for major events that people want to attend and pay for it that way.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
sean,

do you have a job? if so, I want your job, need a partner.

Yes, I have a job. Otherwise that '03 wouldn't be sitting in my driveway. It'd be awesome to have a fellow '03 owner here at work. Closest thing I got is some guy with an '01 Cobra that is pretty friendly, but works on the complete opposite side of the building from me. Know anything about software engineering? :-D

I'm lost though... I thought you had a job.... :??:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
He's got a job Sean.......He's just busting your chops a little. Gotta be thick-skinned around this crowd!

Yea, I figured as much. I'm just a little slow on the up-take. Dang internet doesn't convey sarcasm too well and I'm a moron. :nonono:

By the way, you ever get that dang video up on your comp in a size larger than 2x2, Jason?? Make sure to turn up the volume when you get pissed about that guy who broke in front of ya :-D

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk03SVTCobra
Yes, I have a job. Otherwise that '03 wouldn't be sitting in my driveway. It'd be awesome to have a fellow '03 owner here at work. Closest thing I got is some guy with an '01 Cobra that is pretty friendly, but works on the complete opposite side of the building from me. Know anything about software engineering? :-D

I'm lost though... I thought you had a job.... :??:

There are three of us with 03 cobras in our office here (not a coincidence :rolling: )

2 silver 10th anns and a red 10th ann :rockon: (and some gt's and v6's, but who cares about those :lol: )

TRBO VNM

sean, come on now, you should know my sarcasm by now. Basically I was giving you hard time cause you post quite a bit on here throughout the day. I know you have a job, but basically saying you don't do anything but play on the net. :D

I emailed you the video this morning. that appears to be the best I can do. either 2meg 320 x 240 or 10-200 meg.

call me tonight. I want to find out about the software you are using. call me and we can talk. everyone here at work loves the vid.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE
sean, come on now, you should know my sarcasm by now. Basically I was giving you hard time cause you post quite a bit on here throughout the day. I know you have a job, but basically saying you don't do anything but play on the net. :D

I emailed you the video this morning. that appears to be the best I can do. either 2meg 320 x 240 or 10-200 meg.

call me tonight. I want to find out about the software you are using. call me and we can talk. everyone here at work loves the vid.

Eh, I have downtime sometimes. What can I say? :-D

The video actually looks alright, but I'm sure there's a way to get some better quality out of her. My camera sucks comparitavely, so I know yours has some more quality in it, without making it overly large.

I'll make sure to give your vid to Dan when I give him mine.

I'll still call you tonight sometime before 9.

P.S. Only a few people have sent me information via email. Send me your info via email at [email protected] and I'll put you on the list of interested people/members. You'll get updates about the progression of things.

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm going to 75/80 on Sunday only. Wife in car show with Mystic and I'm racing. Hope to see some people there. Should be a good time. Money prizes and trophies for racers.

TRBO VNM

still downloading the cruise video. maybe I should have cut my video short...damn break downs.:lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread