• FRPP

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • MGW

Votes: 45 88.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5.0GT

Established Member
I was worried about the wait to for MGW but got it within a week from my order. I didn't install it yet so not gonna vote

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I didn't open your thread link, but do you have experience with the Barton? kinda unfair to label the Barton without prior experience.......
;-)

Well i have owned both, :thumbsup:

FRPP (Barton) for around 20,000 miles on my 12 GT
MGW for around 3,500 miles on my 13 Boss

There is no comparison anymore in my mind, nothing the Barton did could the MGW not do way better, cleaner, more precise, without thinking any of that period! Go ahead for second best and waste of money or spend the few extra dollars and keep your self out the ditch LOL! Downshifting with the Barton was a nightmare and at times scary due to the shifter never doing the same thing time and time again, its the little things and the smallest changes that could cost you big time and the Barton excelled at being a fail party as far as I'm concerned.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I wouldn't hold my breath. MGW sells every one of the MT-82 shifters they can make, I doubt they're interested in discounting them.

I agree, as far as I'm concerned the price is justified and perfectly placed. I would pay even more for the MGW if it was indeed more money and that's how important of a mod it was to me.

scott_0

Established Member
;-)

There is no comparison anymore in my mind, nothing the Barton did could the MGW not do way better, cleaner, more precise, without thinking any of that period! Go ahead for second best and waste of money or spend the few extra dollars and keep your self out the ditch LOL! Downshifting with the Barton was a nightmare and at times scary due to the shifter never doing the same thing time and time again, its the little things and the smallest changes that could cost you big time and the Barton excelled at being a fail party as far as I'm concerned.

lol sorry but I can't help feel that your Barton experience is a bit if an embellishment :rolleyes: they just aren't that far inferior, if inferior at all

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
lol sorry but I can't help feel that your Barton experience is a bit if an embellishment :rolleyes: they just aren't that far inferior, if inferior at all

If you lived around Lafayette LA i would challenge you to a duel :banana: Hahaha, naw i would invite you to test it out for yourself though and then u could be the judge for yourself. To me every small movement or lack of can make or brake a product such as these shifters and the truth be told the Barton is a good unit vs the factory unit but it just does not compare to the MGW. :beer:

scott_0

Established Member
If you lived around Lafayette LA i would challenge you to a duel :banana: Hahaha, naw i would invite you to test it out for yourself though and then u could be the judge for yourself. To me every small movement or lack of can make or brake a product such as these shifters and the truth be told the Barton is a good unit vs the factory unit but it just does not compare to the MGW. :beer:

haha I'd like to try out an mgw actually, I enjoy the Barton, I honestly do, I have no issues what so ever with it, but I will admit I've tossed over trying an mgw, but I simply don't have the patience to wait what could possibly be a month for it, my thought is "don't fix something that's not broken" so I stick with Barton, Dave over at Barton has treated me well. in the end, you get more for the money with mgw, but Barton is a great piece too

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
haha I'd like to try out an mgw actually, I enjoy the Barton, I honestly do, I have no issues what so ever with it, but I will admit I've tossed over trying an mgw, but I simply don't have the patience to wait what could possibly be a month for it, my thought is "don't fix something that's not broken" so I stick with Barton, Dave over at Barton has treated me well. in the end, you get more for the money with mgw, but Barton is a great piece too

Yeah, that's a good thing then. If you enjoy what u have and it's awesome to ya then stick with it! It's kinda like us with our mustangs haha, we feel our mustangs are amazing n stuff but then go ahead and test drive something exotic and all the shortcoming become painfully apparent hahaha! :) :beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
;-)

The MGW is actually about the same price as the Barton shifter and bracket, except you get way more (including a complete shifter) with the MGW.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
The MGW is actually about the same price as the Barton shifter and bracket, except you get way more (including a complete shifter) with the MGW.

I know :thumbsup: Ummm... IDK if this is supposed to be out there but fellas maybe ask about SVTP discounts. I've seen other forums get em so yeah... :beer:

kingnut

Established Member
Also side note. The reason I went frpp SS. Incase I had any issues the dealer couldn't flip me any shit. Being that it's ford branded.

jp1seattle

Established Member
My MGW is set to arrive via UPS tomorrow. I ordered it Jan 2nd knowing that it could be a while before it got delivered. Waiting is not that big of a deal and it definitely wasn't going to be enough to deter me from ordering the MGW.

I briefly thought about a Barton, but with the overwhelming majority always seeming to favor the MGW, I knew I'd always have regrets.

This time next week I'm sure I'll be sipping the MGW kool aid.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Also side note. The reason I went frpp SS. Incase I had any issues the dealer couldn't flip me any shit. Being that it's ford branded.

I've never been one to follow that line of though. Hell, my Lightning was the first bolt-on I bought for a Kenne Bell blower I had lying around.

TSHOES

Established Member

MGW says on their site that their products are officially ford licensed products

13BremboGT

Established Member
MGW replaces the lower shifter box and the Barton doesn't. Bushings in the stock lower box are junk compared to the MGW setup. Superior shifter arm linkage control = superior shifting.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I think both are great shifters, and i like the fact that mgw keeps improving their shifter! But neither one can hold a candle to the tremec shifter. I'm currently waiting for reviews on the new mgw for the Tremec Magnum its only $199. Why doesn't barton have a shifter for the tremec magnum. Steeda does!

Users who are viewing this thread