• FRPP

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • MGW

Votes: 45 88.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darreng505

Established Member
The Ford Racing one. Because I tried it and it rocks. But I switched transmissions, so now its for sale.

04b271_db9ba26f259c49d0af9dad405bc32505.jpg_srz_p_400_300_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Joey8

Established Member
I would say MGW. Very very well built. You can actually really bang gears with it and have confidence you'll hit the right gear.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
MGW every day, you get so much more for the money. Check out the 2014 Revision of the MGW:

[youtube_browser]4YZooaWMq2I[/youtube_browser]

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
MGW every day, you get so much more for the money. Check out the 2014 Revision of the MGW:

[youtube_browser]4YZooaWMq2I[/youtube_browser]

So stupid!!! Haha. They upper arm is so much smaller. Probably looks better.

Oh well. Least it didn't get any improvements to the way it works since I just got mine like a month ago...

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Well that would be hard to say. They're each outstanding in their own way. No complaints with Barton.

scott_0

Established Member
as said, the frpp is made by Barton and Barton makes a very high quality piece, the mgw looks like a hell of unit too, and as said you do get a lot for the money, but the fact that you order the shifter, you're pretty much waiting until they produce it, I haven't heard of many people getting their mgw within a few days, and lol I'm an inpatient person

Last edited:

niterydr

Established Member
I absolutely love my MGW. Replaces everything with the shifter and feels amazing.

helli217

Established Member
as said, the frpp is made by Barton and Barton makes a very high quality piece, the mgw looks like a hell of unit too, and as said you do get a lot for the money, but the fact that you order the shifter, you're pretty much waiting until they produce it, I haven't heard of many people getting their mgw within a few days, and lol I'm an inpatient person

Lol, me too.

I didn't know they were made to order. How long does the process normally take?

kingnut

Established Member
i would like to try a MGW shifter on a 5.0. my barton is short and pops into gear so you know its there. i dont have any complaints. the stock shifter is a sloppy pile of mess and i knew immediately it had to go,.

Nuar

Established Member
MGW is not made to order, they are made in batches. Its just the luck of the draw. If you happen to order when they have a bunch sitting around, you're in luck and you will get it very fast (i did).
Sometimes the order falls on a time when the stock is sold out and they are in the process of making a new batch, thats when you will have to wait, but even then its a few weeks.
Its worth the wait :)
The 2014 looks awesome. I like the slim design. Ohh well :p I got mine last year.

Black Fire

Wings Fan
Established Member
MGW is not made to order, they are made in batches. Its just the luck of the draw. If you happen to order when they have a bunch sitting around, you're in luck and you will get it very fast (i did).
Sometimes the order falls on a time when the stock is sold out and they are in the process of making a new batch, thats when you will have to wait, but even then its a few weeks.
Its worth the wait :)
The 2014 looks awesome. I like the slim design. Ohh well :p I got mine last year.

This ^^^^
I have had mine for 2 yrs and it was after the first update (different bushings in the box, heat shield optional) so I waited for a few weeks. The MGW is well worth the cost and any wait. It is still the only aftermarket shifter that eliminates all of the stock units shortcomings period.
I like the new updates but mine works so well I see no reason to change anything.

Nuar

Established Member
I didn't open your thread link, but do you have experience with the Barton? kinda unfair to label the Barton without prior experience.......

Quick click, copy and paste from the other thread that you didnt click on lol

Finished the install last night and for reference my last car was a 2012 GT with FRPP shifter (Barton) Now I thought that shifter was OK I don't know if the dealer installed everything correctly but I would rate that shifter a 6/10 and the MGW a 10/10! The MGW just is soo much more solid and crisp. downshifting through ALL the gears isn't scary as it was with the FRPP Shifter, had a few problems with fords offering :nonono: with the FRPP Shifter I had to work to find the gears, with MGW I don't I just row and it goes! 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 are a dream and so effortless and you get a solid thud when getting into whatever gear your looking for (Track Rear Support Bracket) I don't find any heat is transmitted or vibrations and I installed everything exactly as stated from MGW's newest video. Overall with this shifter installed I fell totally connected to the car. :-D

The first sentence explains that he had both :p
It took you longer to type up that reply than it would to click the link haha

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We're actually working with MGW right now for an optional upgrade to their 2014 revision that will make the shifts even better. Should cost less than $30 for those with the 2014 lower box.

Jday14

Established Member
I have the barton and two post bracket and really like it, it definitely cleans up the sloppy 2-3 shift. It's a little notchy and is louder than stock but I actually like that it has an audible click that kind of affirms that you are in gear. I have no experience with MGW but have never heard anything negative about it, you will be happy with which ever one you go with!

Users who are viewing this thread