Votes: 42 23.9%
  • OTHER AND WHY?

Votes: 14 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BossLady82

Established Member
Is it on 1-2 shifts? I believe there is an adjustment nut/allen key set screw under the boot by the handle you can adjust to get rid of this.... if it's just a click urs might not be to far off.

It sure is. I will check that out and see if it gets rid of it. Thanks for the info.

phfelts

Established Member
Do any of these shifters affect the process of going into reverse? Do you still push the shifter down to get into gear? I'm new to this tranny and I recall seeing a post regarding a Hurst shifter that got rid of the lockout.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I have the Barton shifter and Bracket. It's notchy. But it's precise. You're not going to miss a gear with it.

I wish Pro 5.0 would have made a shifter for this car. I had one on my T56 and it was a dream to drive.

ESU1909

Established Member
I went with a Barton Shifter and 2 Post Bracket...and I am very happy with my purchase. Got a good deal as well with the Memorial Day sale at AM.

kingnut

Established Member
I went with the FRPP barton. I love this thing!

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Do any of these shifters affect the process of going into reverse? Do you still push the shifter down to get into gear? I'm new to this tranny and I recall seeing a post regarding a Hurst shifter that got rid of the lockout.

I think of the big players the hurst is the only one that removes that feature. Which with how absolutely terrible that shifter is (though I heard it gets a little better with the barton two post bracket) I have heard people accidentally getting into R. I am not sure why anyone would buy this shifter unless they didn't know any better/liked hurst with a hard on.

I've been able to sit in a car with a Hurst and with an MGW. I am pretty set on getting the MGW at some point. It just felt so clean and perfect.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I like this one from mgw

yga5u2ep.jpg

That's what we currently have in the SVTP GT. I really like it.

MGW is in the lead by 3.5 times... i ask myself why am i still buying an FRPP barton.

You're really into the color blue?:poke::pop:

niterydr

Established Member
Had my MGW installed over a week ago. I absolutely love this shifter.

I had one in my 2002 GT as well and had high hopes for the MT-82 one. And it definitely lived up to them.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I like the steeda. Shrug. If I was to get a new shifter I'd get a MGW

chrisheltra

Established Member
I tried both on demo cars at MW and talked to reps at both booths extensively. When I buy a shifter it will be a mgw.

JOK3R

Established Member
Perhaps a dumb question, but does the MGW shifter come with a heavy-duty bracket like the Barton? Or should one buy a bracket even if they go with MGW?

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Look it up and compare it to the Barton and even stock. The MGW is by far more superior in build quality just be looks alone. Watch the videos on it and you'll be sold. I know I was. Mine is currently on order! Pairing it with a barton boot retainer and Flossy weighted shift knob (when Flossy gets back to me....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread