Mass shooting at Florida high school

Blown 89

Established Member
http://thehill.com/homenews/374544-...-background-check-bill-shows-gun-politics-are

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement earlier Monday that Trump supports a bill co-authored by Murphy and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) that would bolster the federal background check system, though she emphasized that “discussions are ongoing and revisions are being considered” to the measure.
The bipartisan measure is narrowly focused on background checks; it would require states and federal agencies to produce plans to report offenses that would bar people from passing a check needed to purchase a firearm.
It also reiterates that federal agencies must report all violations to the National Instant Criminal Background Check system and creates new financial incentives for states to report information.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/374308-florida-shooting-reopens-cdc-gun-research-debate

Still, recent comments by the Trump administration’s top federal health official, as well as some House Republicans, suggest that at least some Republicans could be changing their minds.

On Thursday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar expressed a willingness to let his department look into the causes of gun violence.

"We believe we’ve got a very important mission with our work with serious mental illness as well as our ability to do research on the causes of violence and the causes behind tragedies like this, so that is a priority for us especially at the Centers for Disease Control," Azar said during a congressional hearing.

Rep. Leonard Lance (R-N.J.) echoed Azar’s remarks.

“I agree with Secretary Azar — it’s time to permit the CDC to study gun violence as a public health problem,” Lance, a top Democratic target facing a tough reelection, said in a statement.
Have fun with that. Every time statistical research is opened up on firearm law it never ends well for the left.

As far as the background checks. How about the feds actually follow up on them? Insane ****ing idea I know but less than 1/4 of 1% of failed NICS checks are federally prosecuted. That's insane. Absolutely insane.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

Equalbracket

Established Member
It's amazing how many people are so clueless when it comes to firearms, they're so scare of something because they've never been around them and have no experience, so that makes them evil and bad.

So ok ban AR 15 style rifles, currently owned grandfathered in? Or are we expected to surrender $1,000-10,000+++ spent on a hobby of ours? I have 8-10 weapons the government know of, and an undisclosed number they're not privy to.

What about a ruger mini 14/30? Mini 14 with 100 round drum, hell a 10-22 with 100 rounds. Or a glock with 33 round mag or 50/100 round drum.

I've shot and hunted my entire life, played shooter video games as well. Not once in my life have I ever looked at a weapon, or thought about using one to hurt another human being period, If I shot an animal It was to harvest it's meat, or to try and deal with the hog population.

Round up 10-20k feral hogs and let them out in Cali, once they've destroyed a couple hundred thousand dollars in crops and aren't welcomed in a sanctuary city and need to be dealt with, will be fairly difficult of a task with 5 round magazine nerf guns.

Gravik

Established Member
Just lol @ CNN

4b11ee733d4c8bfc79e777e5fcc73a5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Equalbracket

Established Member
Just lol @ CNN

View attachment 1467189

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh wow, yup they should be able to vote because of a terrible traumatic tragedy caused by one sick individual they were sadly witnesses of. I've been in two near fatal accidents involving a drunk driver, the alcohol was never to blame, it was the driver's actions and choices that were judged. Now throw in a gun in just about any scenario and it's always the fault of the weapon, and the shortcomings of xyz.

I'm not trying to take everybody's guns away, but there was a 19-year-old who legally bought an AR-15, which is a weapon of war, and if he had been through the least bit of screening, somebody would have said, 'This person does not need a weapon like that.' And I think there need to be a lot more regulations put on guns and it needs to be a lot harder to get them.

Just imagine in 15-20 years when millions of liberal brain washed students are now adults and are the majority. 15 Year old with ideas on gun law changes days after a traumatic experience, why are these kids on CNN already? And we already have every detail of the shooter, but don't know shit about Stephen Paddock.

Little shit stain was probably given a script by CNN, call it a weapon of war! That nut job shouldn't of owned a pocket knife, but when all the signs of someone asking for help that needed it, are ignored, well darkness gets darker.

At least In Texas they could spend less on cookie cutter red tape curriculum that does no good, and spend it on school security. I don't know of any school's without a campus department or cops, what's a few metal detectors or something similar cost? Worth more then a life?

Last edited:

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
That is going to be tactic used. Parade all these kids that have no world experience in front of the camera demanding new gun laws. Hopefully most will see that would do nothing. What needs to happen is get out in front of it with some positive regs that will actually do something. Fire the idiots that dropped the ball. Make it mandatory that when they find these loons they follow up. I know that could lead to abuse but there has to be some way to identify these nuts before hand.

ArabianOak

Established Member
This story has so many holes it's hard to keep up. One thing is obvious though, this david hogg kid was staged and ready for this to happen.

Another sandy hoax!

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Then you have Sheryl Accquaroli crying because FL lawmakers won’t ban AR’s. Get the F out of here with that shit. You are 16 and overrun with emotions. That’s not how you get things done in this country.
She has no idea what the implications would be if AR/ semi automatic rifles were banned, but ohhh my feelings are hurt.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Watching these kids on the news whining about gun control, I'm slowly losing sympathy for those trying to exploit it. Who the hell is ready to go out and do political speeches just a week after a shooting that killed people you knew?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Watching these kids on the news whining about gun control, I'm slowly losing sympathy for those trying to exploit it. Who the hell is ready to go out and do political speeches just a week after a shooting that killed people you knew?

I haven't watched any of it but are any of the kids speaking claiming to be BFF with any of the deceased?
Or were they just people they saw/never saw in the hallways at school?
Regardless, I don't find it too suspicious. Fort Lauderdale swings blue so more than likely through their parents prior to said shooting they were probably anti-gun to begin with. Add in their school being the latest place shot up by a crazy SOB...

Users who are viewing this thread