Mass shooting at Florida high school

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Sadly, I don't have a good feeling for where this is going. The mainstream media is rallying behind the libs/Dems and is heavily pushing/promoting their demands for radical gun control changes. It's developing into a major offensive. Watch how much time is devoted this week to the gun violence protests and gun control demands. And how little is devoted to any opposing view. I really hope I'm wrong in this, but it reminds me when the media and libs got behind the gay/lesbian/trans agenda and steamrollered any and all opposition. And look where it is today.

I so hope I'm wrong and common sense prevails with a major focus on mental health, school safety and a more in-depth FBI database to keep track of gun owners who develop mental health issues and prevent those with mental health issues from owning guns. And let's not forget about the prescription drug industry pumping out more and more drugs, many of which can have serious mental health side effects. Owning guns is not the issue. Not when in just about every case the common denominator has been mental health. But you won't see or hear about protests and demands to address mental health issues. That might hurt some feelings. Their easy answer is take away guns. WE know that just isn't the answer. Pray for common sense and real logic to prevail folks.
I'm not as pessimistic, Bob. Quite the opposite actually. The MSM's bias has been so exposed that they no longer deny it. Their trust has been eroded to an all time low. Liberals are constantly on the run as their failed agenda is seeing the light of day. After the rawness of this tragedy fades, you'll see real discussion of the relevant issues.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I certainly hope common sense prevails but seeing how these things go I am not opptomistic. True MSM is all about liberal agenda but moderates can be swayed by them. Everyone really needs to be on their Congress critters about this. I am lucky to be in a solid pro 2nd state but in the swing areas we have to keep the pressure on. I see a ban of some sort coming if we do not.

Blown 89

Established Member
Sadly, I don't have a good feeling for where this is going. The mainstream media is rallying behind the libs/Dems and is heavily pushing/promoting their demands for radical gun control changes. It's developing into a major offensive. Watch how much time is devoted this week to the gun violence protests and gun control demands. And how little is devoted to any opposing view. I really hope I'm wrong in this, but it reminds me when the media and libs got behind the gay/lesbian/trans agenda and steamrollered any and all opposition. And look where it is today.

I so hope I'm wrong and common sense prevails with a major focus on mental health, school safety and a more in-depth FBI database to keep track of gun owners who develop mental health issues and prevent those with mental health issues from owning guns. And let's not forget about the prescription drug industry pumping out more and more drugs, many of which can have serious mental health side effects. Owning guns is not the issue. Not when in just about every case the common denominator has been mental health. But you won't see or hear about protests and demands to address mental health issues. That might hurt some feelings. Their easy answer is take away guns. WE know that just isn't the answer. Pray for common sense and real logic to prevail folks.
I'm not too worried. The left will be foaming at the mouth over something else by the end of the week and the gun control agenda will disappear. I was worried after Vegas and that's exactly what happened. The left is in such a fervor they can't focus on one single thing long enough to get anything done.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I'm not too worried. The left will be foaming at the mouth over something else by the end of the week and the gun control agenda will disappear. I was worried after Vegas and that's exactly what happened. The left is in such a fervor they can't focus on one single thing long enough to get anything done.
Had Hillary won we would have a liberal Supreme Court and bans would have happened. We dodged a real bullet.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Equalbracket

Established Member
The first school district in Texas, little old Robinson ISD has implemented and is fully up and running a program called Commandscope that gives first responders access to every camera in live time, 3d Mapping of the school, birds eye view, etc giving everyone real time info and able to coordinate and plan while in route.

What a different world it is now then when I was in school just 10 years ago, small town Texas where everyone had guns, it was normal, and on Friday night's the only thing happening in the world was a football game.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Why is this important and the other 80 or so kids killed intentionally each week are not important.

Why do celebrities only speak out when kids die at school and could care less when kids are killed to and from school or in their own city?

Is this a double standards no one talks about? In 2015 just over 83 students every week were murdered by the use of a firearm. Almost 5 times what happened in Florida. This needs to stop!

Simple.

People only care about what they can relate to. Sally in small town TX has no connection to a city in the middle east. She doesn't give two shits if suicide bombers explode weekly. Now if there's rumors followed by a recall of her dog food and reports of multiple dog deaths, suddenly she can possible see Pebbles, her little poodle being effected, and now she's pissed.

Same goes for gun deaths. A shooting in south Chicago? Sally says to herself, "Well I don't live in Chicago, and that's the ghetto anyway, I don't visit ghettos." Now a shooting at a school, a church, a mall...Sally goes to malls. It hits close to home. Now she cares.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Simple.

People only care about what they can relate to. Sally in small town TX has no connection to a city in the middle east. She doesn't give two shits if suicide bombers explode weekly. Now if there's rumors followed by a recall of her dog food and reports of multiple dog deaths, suddenly she can possible see Pebbles, her little poodle being effected, and now she's pissed.

Same goes for gun deaths. A shooting in south Chicago? Sally says to herself, "Well I don't live in Chicago, and that's the ghetto anyway, I don't visit ghettos." Now a shooting at a school, a church, a mall...Sally goes to malls. It hits close to home. Now she cares.

Pretty much.

Same goes for attacks in Paris and England versus some Durkastan country.
A nice western county versus a place 90% of people couldn't find on a map.
But it also comes down to media coverage too. Can't be enraged about something if very few report/have coverage about it.

I'll be curious to see if they actually stick on this point for the mid term elections.
Some states they'll have a tougher time being so anti-gun but some swing states could be closer if they can hit that point home.

Coosawjack

Established Member
I repeat......this is a problem that should be dealt with on a State/Local level......the Federal Government rarely gets anything right!!o_O

Encourage locals to "blow the whistle" on suspicious people and do it locally and quickly...........the FBI is too busy right now covering their own asses to worry about a crazy guy in S. Florida!!:cool:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Pretty much.

Same goes for attacks in Paris and England versus some Durkastan country.
A nice western county versus a place 90% of people couldn't find on a map.
But it also comes down to media coverage too. Can't be enraged about something if very few report/have coverage about it.

I'll be curious to see if they actually stick on this point for the mid term elections.
Some states they'll have a tougher time being so anti-gun but some swing states could be closer if they can hit that point home.

To be fair, 90% of people couldn't find England on a map either.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
http://thehill.com/homenews/374544-...-background-check-bill-shows-gun-politics-are

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement earlier Monday that Trump supports a bill co-authored by Murphy and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) that would bolster the federal background check system, though she emphasized that “discussions are ongoing and revisions are being considered” to the measure.
The bipartisan measure is narrowly focused on background checks; it would require states and federal agencies to produce plans to report offenses that would bar people from passing a check needed to purchase a firearm.
It also reiterates that federal agencies must report all violations to the National Instant Criminal Background Check system and creates new financial incentives for states to report information.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/374308-florida-shooting-reopens-cdc-gun-research-debate

Still, recent comments by the Trump administration’s top federal health official, as well as some House Republicans, suggest that at least some Republicans could be changing their minds.

On Thursday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar expressed a willingness to let his department look into the causes of gun violence.

"We believe we’ve got a very important mission with our work with serious mental illness as well as our ability to do research on the causes of violence and the causes behind tragedies like this, so that is a priority for us especially at the Centers for Disease Control," Azar said during a congressional hearing.

Rep. Leonard Lance (R-N.J.) echoed Azar’s remarks.

“I agree with Secretary Azar — it’s time to permit the CDC to study gun violence as a public health problem,” Lance, a top Democratic target facing a tough reelection, said in a statement.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If they ban the AR15, then they might as well ban ever caliber rifle that is larger and more powerful...which is nearly all of them.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
If they ban the AR15, then they might as well ban ever caliber rifle that is larger and more powerful...which is nearly all of them.

Well if they ban the AR15, guess my next gun to buy would be an AR-10. Smaller number, so it has to be a safer gun. Common sense.

Surprised by Kasich comments.

Gravik

Established Member
In theory they would have to ban every other semi auto rifle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Bwaaahaha. How are they going to do that you twit. You voted for that back in 94 and it made absolutely no difference in anything. In order to ban a !R-15 because it look evil you have to ban its function. And as I have said before that would include all semi auto from a Ruger 10/22 to Remington 1100 shotgun. Cannot be done as proven last time around. All they did was alter the offending parts and called is something else. Who remembers thumbhole stocks.

Users who are viewing this thread