Mary Jane information

TK Doom

Established Member
who needs to get drunk? :shrug:

No one.

But the prohibition didn't work either. So IMHO, legalizing a "recreational drug" serves no purpose.

So why do people get high? I've never used any illegal drugs, and I rarely drink, being 45 and having been drunk only 3 times in my life. (party at my house, some time during my honeymoon, and once during a vacation after my divorce, I'm remarried now with kids and have no reason to drink).

So I'm just curious why its a SUCH A BIG DEAL to be able to buy something like that.

Why not just NOT use?

This isn't New Jack City.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Companies need to drug test more often.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No one.

But the prohibition didn't work either. So IMHO, legalizing a "recreational drug" serves no purpose.

So why do people get high? I've never used any illegal drugs, and I rarely drink, being 45 and having been drunk only 3 times in my life. (party at my house, some time during my honeymoon, and once during a vacation after my divorce, I'm remarried now with kids and have no reason to drink).

So I'm just curious why its a SUCH A BIG DEAL to be able to buy something like that.

Why not just NOT use?

That's just your opinion and different strokes for different folks. People are going to do it anyways, legal or not. Why not reap the tax revenue rewards it would bring.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
No one.

Why not just NOT use?

Kinda get the vibe that either way it doesn't effect you and you don't really care.

So why not make it available to buy, and save millions of your tax dollars in fighting it and make millions of tax dollars to help with more important items

Rct851

Established Member
No one.

Why not just NOT use?

why? Because I'm a ****ing adult and as long as I'm not infringing on other people's happiness or well being I should be abLe to do or consume as I damn well please.

How about we have all of our cars taken away, I mean hell we don't "need" them to be fast or be styled in a fashion that represents ourselves.

I can't belive these things even need to be debated

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Companies need to drug test more often.

Why? If you can't tell by actions at work, what business is it of the companies.

I've had to order/suggest a few drug tests at work. All were because of incidents/actions at work. I've never been wrong (always positive) and honestly it was merely a confirmation thing.

On the other hand, I know for a fact some people I worked with in the past smoked, and they were great workers.

TK Doom

Established Member
Wow. Anger...LOL

First off, not interested if you are an "ADULT". Why? Its against the law. It's not against the law to own a car. Not a very good analogy. Remember this is about you gaining something, not it being taken away.

Second, I seriously doubt that the tax dollar issue would come up, since they will be squandered elsewhere.

But yeah, if you want to "argue" and be "mad" about someone stating that it isn't needed, ok.

I'm just asking...I have no idea what the "allure" of using drugs is about.

Rct851

Established Member
Wow. Anger...LOL

First off, not interested if you are an "ADULT". Why? Its against the law. It's not against the law to own a car. Not a very good analogy. Remember this is about you gaining something, not it being taken away.

Second, I seriously doubt that the tax dollar issue would come up, since they will be squandered elsewhere.

But yeah, if you want to "argue" and be "mad" about someone stating that it isn't needed, ok.

You better believe I'm angry. I'm not ok with the idea of "it's the law so it must be right".... It's not the "allure" of using a drug it's the allure of having the freedom as an adult to make my own decisions. And if I decide I want to smoke some weed I shouldnt be thrown in the ****ing clank
Maybe this is too personal but let me ask. Do you ever bang your wife just because yall are adults and want to or is sex strictly for making babies?

Last edited:

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Wow. Anger...LOL

Saying something shouldn't be legal because it is currently illegal is not an argument. It IS about something being taken away. It was once legal and now it isn't legal. The right was taken away. It doesn't matter if you understand why people want to do it. Some people don't like riding bikes. Should bike riding be illegal? If a responsible adult wants to smoke weed and it has no negative effect on anyone else, why shouldn't they be allowed to?

I don't smoke anything other than the occasional cigar by the way. And I rarely drink.

Control it like alcohol. Tax it. Only sell it to people 21 and up. Not allowed in public except bars and restaurants that will allow it.

TK Doom

Established Member
Ok, so...again.

At one point it was completely illegal...you tried it anyway.

Again.

WHY?

Just because, and now you want to and you're "mad" its not legal?

I'm just wondering, don't give me the I'm an adult and can do what I want...seriously, whats the point of doing drugs, any kind of drugs.

TK Doom

Established Member
And you guys are acting like I'm the only reason it won't be legal...just answer the question.

And no, its not about "some people like to ride bikes" either...LOL.

Rct851

Established Member
Ok, so...again.

Again.

WHY?

I'm just wondering, don't give me the I'm an adult and can do what I want...seriously, whats the point of doing drugs, any kind of drugs.
Why do you sleep with your wife unless your trying to make a baby? We could make each other a deal. I'll go sex my girlfriend for fun and you can go smoke a bowl. It's a win win

And all kidding aside I'm about .5 a lap faster at Monaco in the f1 car when I smoke.

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
Ok, so...again.

Again.

WHY?

It makes me open my mind up quite a bit, I find myself thinking about a lot of things that normally wouldn't cross my mind, the way it stimulates the brain is very interesting to me. That is the main reason why I do it, it can also have a calming effect which can be nice after a long stressful week, same thing as people who have a couple of drinks after a long stressful week.

SparkSVT

Established Member
Thought I would chime in on this as a 22 year veteran police officer. I am of the opinion that Marijuana should be legalized and yes, taxed. It could be used to fund alot of things. Alcohol is much worse in my opinion. Id rather deal with someone on marijuana than a drunk any day. I do not however think Herion or cocaine should be made legal. Crack and Herion are the devil. :mj:

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
Why? For healthy adults it is relaxing. For people that aren't so healthy, it has a huge list of benefits. It eases pain, helps with nausea, stimulates your appetite, and on and on.

Why don't you answer WHY NOT? And don't say because it is a gateway drug. It isn't and everyone knows that. Don't say because everyone you know that smokes is a loser. If you live in San Diego, I would be willing to bet you know upstanding people that smoke and you don't even know it.

I personally know a few smokers that are your stereotypical lazy pot-smokers. I know many more smokers that are responsible adults that contribute their fair share to this society.

So...again. WHY NOT?

I'm just curious how many of you that oppose it drink alcohol in any amount no matter how seldom. Does anyone care to share about their alcohol consumption? When you do drink alcohol, why do you do it?

Edit: Just adding that I agree with SparkSVT. I do not at all think heroin, cocaine, or opiates should be legalized.

Last edited:

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
What big businesses wouldn't want it legalized? Tobacco? Alcohol? Pharmaceutical? I don't know for sure, but it doesn't seem like politicians would turn down huge taxes the the majority of the country is asking for without having someone buying their votes.
Said politicians receive tons of money from the large pharmaceutical, alcohol, and tobacco companies to keep it illegal.

they need to legalize it nationwide and tax it. Would make a shit load of money.
And free up a shit load of space in our corrupt, overpopulated prison system.

No one.

Why not just NOT use?

Why use? It's fun, it's something different from everyday life! Legality aside, why do you take your car to the race track? Because it's fun. Drugs open up your mind and your perspective, but the government doesn't want free thinkers, they want you to sit down, shut up, and obey.

Why do I use it? After a long and stressful day at work, I come home and I want to unwind. Some people crack open a beer, some people turn on the TV, some people play video games, some people work on their cars, and some people light up a joint. Now, I'm not saying I do drugs on a daily basis, but if I want to ingest a mind-altering substance on a weekend and broaden my perspective, why shouldn't I be able to? I'm not causing any harm to anybody.

Why not just not use? Because, I want to use! The key word is, want. I want to use it. It's a recreational activity, just like many other recreational activities. On top of that, it has many medicinal purposes.

I could go on and on, but I'll see how you respond to my post before adding any further response.

Also, just throwing this out there, but two very successful people have done acid in their life, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. They don't regret it, and I personally feel it helped them become the creative men they grew to be.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Wow this heated up. I agree 100% on harder drugs not being legal. Well, I actually wish they could be, but the country is too full of idiots. I bet big alcohol and drug companies HATE that states are legalizing it and they are going to try to stop it by all means necessary. Problem (for them) is states like Colorado that have laws about public amendments. The PEOPLE voted it into law despite what the big Corporations wanted. It's a huge win for freedom and what this country is *supposed* to be about. Next to legalize will likely be California in '16 - that's going to be HUGE.

Another thing not mentioned here is this is helping to knee cap the scum of the earth Mexican cartels. Hard drugs get the headlines, but if you read - weed is their bread and butter.

Users who are viewing this thread