• Not sure

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I didn't vote based on the way the questions asked.

If pots for medical use, fine. If it helps with a persons health issues, I'm all for it.

If it's for recreational use, no. I back that up with the potheads I knew back 40-50 years ago, and where they're at today.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

If pots for medical use, fine. If it helps with a persons health issues, I'm all for it.

If it's for recreational use, no. I back that up with the potheads I knew back 40-50 years ago, and where they're at today.

All the potheads I hung out with in high school are exactly the same except dumber.

Generally I find stoners annoying and dumb. Most alcoholics are assholes but don't know it. Most stoners are legitimately dumb but don't know it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

I wanted to know if people think it's dangerous period. A lot of people apparently think the science around the medical benefits THC has is bs and even if you're on a medical regimen you can still develop serious mental issues.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I both have jobs that we’d lose for positive tests, but I’d smoke recreationally if I could.

My wife is super anti-marajuana. She’s the one that probably needs to start trying gummies.

I’ve smoked once, but it was while I was drinking and canoeing…it didn’t go well. I was tore up by the end of the trip.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
THC is like any other drug in that it can be abused. If you're young, you shouldn't chronically abuse any drug. Humans take time to develop and if you drink alcohol, smoke THC products, snort cocaine, to excess etc, you will most likely do more harm than good. I think the science behind the effects of THC and youth is incomplete, but there's certainly enough there to justify caution with recreational use among certain age populations. There's also science that shows some pretty amazing therapeutic benefits for children with seizures or relief for people with cancer, etc. I'd much rather see cancer patients who find pain relief and help eating smoking a dried plant than being pumped full of shit from Big Pharma.

It's totally logically incoherent to believe that marijuana is should be illegal if you accept alcohol as legal. It's just a matter of conditioning public opinion. An individual in the United States dies just about every 30 minutes in a car crash involving alcohol impairment. Alcohol causes a huge amount of damage around the world, but it should absolutely be legal. You can **** yourself up beyond all recognition with THC as well but it's not even a contest as to which substance causes more actual death and destruction.

Lastly, we're all addicted to something. You think the alterations in behavior related to chasing the dopamine hit of getting that like on TikTok isn't just as damaging (or worse) than hitting a joint, you're kidding yourself. Worrying about the kids smoking the reefer isn't even in the same universe as the implications of an entire generation raised by iPads.

The Truth

Real98roush

Established Member
THC is like any other drug in that it can be abused. If you're young, you shouldn't chronically abuse any drug. Humans take time to develop and if you drink alcohol, smoke THC products, snort cocaine, to excess etc, you will most likely do more harm than good. I think the science behind the effects of THC and youth is incomplete, but there's certainly enough there to justify caution with recreational use among certain age populations. There's also science that shows some pretty amazing therapeutic benefits for children with seizures or relief for people with cancer, etc. I'd much rather see cancer patients who find pain relief and help eating smoking a dried plant than being pumped full of shit from Big Pharma.

It's totally logically incoherent to believe that marijuana is should be illegal if you accept alcohol as legal. It's just a matter of conditioning public opinion. An individual in the United States dies just about every 30 minutes in a car crash involving alcohol impairment. Alcohol causes a huge amount of damage around the world, but it should absolutely be legal. You can **** yourself up beyond all recognition with THC as well but it's not even a contest as to which substance causes more actual death and destruction.

Lastly, we're all addicted to something. You think the alterations in behavior related to chasing the dopamine hit of getting that like on TikTok isn't just as damaging (or worse) than hitting a joint, you're kidding yourself. Worrying about the kids smoking the reefer isn't even in the same universe as the implications of an entire generation raised by iPads.

The Truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

The Truth

So you've smoked 2x today already and popped a few gummies, eh?

FJohnny

Established Member
For decades wealthy companies like Digiorno and McCain's tried unsuccessfully to make a mediocre frozen pizza taste gourmet.

Reefer managed to do it first try.

Some gals were born with almost zero chance of meaningful short term relationships late in the evening.

Alcohol changed this.

There is a place for both reefer and alcohol in our lives.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
For decades wealthy companies like Digiorno and McCain's tried unsuccessfully to make a mediocre frozen pizza taste gourmet.

Reefer managed to do it first try.

Some gals were born with almost zero chance of meaningful short term relationships late in the evening.

Alcohol changed this.

There is a place for both reefer and alcohol in our lives.
IMG_2038.jpeg

venmos1

Established Member
I have always had friends who smoked weed throughout late high school through college years. i never cared for it. ive maybe tried it twice in my life. never did it for me. i just drank. Fast forward to about 2 months ago, my wife and i got a bag of gummies from her aunt. We both started with one after work, noticed nothing. the next night we both had 2. i never felt anything different. she thought i was more relaxed and "goofier" with the kids. We have 3 kids, 2.5, 6, and almost 7. so nights after work can be hectic and stressful. we thought these were a good way to help with the stress.

Well about 2 weeks ago, a saturday night we decided to have 2 (she may had 1, but i had 2). this was about 30 minutes before we went to dinner with another couple. i get about halfway through a draft beer and all of a sudden i feel wasted. not sick to my stomach or spinning wasted. but the feeling of being super drunk. dinner continues, we keep talking, eating etc. this feeling would come and go. it gets toward the end of dinner and i was a little afraid what was going to happen when i stood up.

when drunk with alcohol you dont realize this stuff. you just stumble, slur speech, walk sideways etc. i had all these feelings but could talk fine, walk fine etc. but felt like i couldnt. After we get home and our friends leave i tell my wife about this. she says "no wonder you were so quiet". but no one could tell anyhting was wrong. Its like i was able to control my body 100% but felt like i was so wasted i couldnt. very weird feeling. was not pleasant. lasted all night. woke up next day like nothing happened. 2 gummies before never effected me. but add in half a beer and the mix screwed me up big time. very weird.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First and last time I smoked pot was in Collage. That lasted about one week. When they asked for me to pitch in to buy more I declined and that was the end of that. Lol. It has been 43 years since then.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I have always had friends who smoked weed throughout late high school through college years. i never cared for it. ive maybe tried it twice in my life. never did it for me. i just drank. Fast forward to about 2 months ago, my wife and i got a bag of gummies from her aunt. We both started with one after work, noticed nothing. the next night we both had 2. i never felt anything different. she thought i was more relaxed and "goofier" with the kids. We have 3 kids, 2.5, 6, and almost 7. so nights after work can be hectic and stressful. we thought these were a good way to help with the stress.

Well about 2 weeks ago, a saturday night we decided to have 2 (she may had 1, but i had 2). this was about 30 minutes before we went to dinner with another couple. i get about halfway through a draft beer and all of a sudden i feel wasted. not sick to my stomach or spinning wasted. but the feeling of being super drunk. dinner continues, we keep talking, eating etc. this feeling would come and go. it gets toward the end of dinner and i was a little afraid what was going to happen when i stood up.

when drunk with alcohol you dont realize this stuff. you just stumble, slur speech, walk sideways etc. i had all these feelings but could talk fine, walk fine etc. but felt like i couldnt. After we get home and our friends leave i tell my wife about this. she says "no wonder you were so quiet". but no one could tell anyhting was wrong. Its like i was able to control my body 100% but felt like i was so wasted i couldnt. very weird feeling. was not pleasant. lasted all night. woke up next day like nothing happened. 2 gummies before never effected me. but add in half a beer and the mix screwed me up big time. very weird.

That sounds like when I had gummies for the first time. Friend at work gave me 4 of them and I guess they were pretty high in content considering what happened to me. I get in the car to head home which was less than 5min away across town, and I just had these gummies in my hand, no baggie or container, so I decide I'll just pop them all now so I don't have to worry about having them if I get pulled over.

I get home and it's already pretty late so I get ready for bed and as I'm laying there I start to feel a little bit coming on making me relaxed. I fall asleep and wake up the next day for work absolutely blitzed out of my mind! My eyes are completely bloodshot and I can barely walk straight. I took a shower and it cleared my head up enough that I could drive the few blocks to work. I was feeling high until like 2:00 that day and everyone could tell with my eyes being so bloodshot. Everyone got a laugh about how I ate all 4 when I only needed one or two at most. Worst decision I have ever made regarding edibles lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
No wonder some of you guys don’t **** with the shit, y’all downright dangerous hahahaha
@svtfocus2cobra youre in a legal state so god ****ing knows the dosage in your shit lololol, stuff is FIERCE, compared to the shit i get out here in ATL underground

@venmos1 crossfade is a very real thing, as are ‘green outs’ Was at dinner with my family a few weeks ago, and mom gets overwhelmed in the restaurant and had to sit in the car to calm down. Come to find out she had 2 strong gummies on an empty stomach, and was drinking a mixed drink at dinner.

Gotta be careful you guys. Shit is way way stronger than it used to be. I bet if y’all tried it under the right conditions it would be enjoyable. The Katt Williams video sums it up well, just sort of amplifies life; makes it more fun. And helps me to eat. Really why i started. And my doctor said ‘i wish i could prescribe you marijuana it would fix you right up’ lololol

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
Legalization caused weed to spread like wildfire through schools and there are serious problems stemming from teenage usage. Adult usage is high enough that I can no longer disqualify employees for marijuana if I want to maintain any semblance of a work force. I know nothing about the addictive nature of marijuana but I get the sense that none of these people are in control.

That's why I voted yes.....it's dangerous in the sense that it's having a noticeable impact on how society functions.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
First and last time I smoked pot was in Collage. That lasted about one week. When they asked for me to pitch in to buy more I declined and that was the end of that. Lol. It has been 43 years since then.
I would have never guessed. What kind of collages are your specialty?

Users who are viewing this thread