Manufacturer 84 at 0%

fitforspeed

Established Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford circles 2022 for electric F-150 launch
Jun. 10, 2020 3:40 PM ET|About: Ford Motor Company (F)|By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

Ford (F -5.2%) says it plans to have all-electric versions of the Ford F-150 and Ford Transit on the market by the middle part of 2022.

While timetables have been shifting almost daily in the fledging EV truck industry, the electric F-150 may arrive on the market after General Motors' all-electric Hummer, Tesla's Cybertruck, a Rivian pickup and Nikola's (NKLA -14.8%) all-electric Badger pickup.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Don’t tell this to the guy complaining there’s no 500’s at msrp in the 500 section...
They need to be reminded the GT350R took like 3+ years to go on sale for MSRP. Sure there were dealers supposedly selling at MSRP, but really what dealer will turn down an easy 5k-30k from adm? Only a very select few, and those stealerships would likely sell their allocation to another stealership.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
GM's EV bet could sacrifice market share, BofA analysis says
Jun. 11, 2020 6:26 PM ET|About: General Motors Company (GM)|By: Carl Surran, SA News Editor

General Motors' (NYSE:GM) push into electric vehicles could pose a near-term risk as the company spends less to replace its more profitable gas-powered vehicles, according to a study by Bank of America.

GM's $20B investment in electric models and self-driving technology makes it one of the most aggressive automakers in rolling out plug-in models, but the company plans to refresh only 65% of its current sales volume with revamped vehicles over four years, which ranks third from the bottom among major manufacturers, the report says.

"The very active shift GM is making shows the confidence they have to move where the market is going," BofA analyst John Murphy says, but "it may result in lost market share."

Honda (NYSE:HMC) topped BofA's ranking by product replacement rate, with plans to refresh 91% of current models, while Korean brands Hyundai (OTCPK:HYMLF) and Kia (OTCPK:KIMTF) are set to revamp 90%, and Ford (NYSE:F) scored 83%.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
They need to be reminded the GT350R took like 3+ years to go on sale for MSRP. Sure there were dealers supposedly selling at MSRP, but really what dealer will turn down an easy 5k-30k from adm? Only a very select few, and those stealerships would likely sell their allocation to another stealership.
Glad I got mine for $4500 under sticker....

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
For fun, i inquired on a NICE left over 2019 Ranger FX4 crew. MSRP is $40,2xx. They have 0%/72 on this truck.

Dealer comes back and says my special "E-price" is $39,500 before fees with 0/72.

LMFAO

There i was thinking a 2019 leftover Ranger that no one wants might be a good opportunity to score a deal. Nope.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Cars.com names Jain new permanent CFO
Jun. 18, 2020 9:26 AM ET|About: Cars.com Inc. (CARS)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

Cars.com (NYSE:CARS) has named Sonia Jain as its new chief financial officer.

She replaces Jandy Tomy, who has been interim CFO, and fills a permanent gap that had been in place since Becky Sheehan resigned in December.

Jain joins from the same role at Redbox, where she oversaw finance, treasury, strategy and analytics, and mergers and acquisitions activities.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Did OnDbit buy yet? Snore.....................
Lol, that cheap sumbitch is waiting for a V8 Bronco with a $40k msrp and wants to buy it not only under invoice but expects the salesman to dip into his kids college fund for his down payment. Sorry OnDbit, love ya buddy but you are cheap.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Lol, that cheap sumbitch is waiting for a V8 Bronco with a $40k msrp and wants to buy it not only under invoice but expects the salesman to dip into his kids college fund for his down payment. Sorry OnDbit, love ya buddy but you are cheap.
It maybe because I just purchased a new truck last July and throwing away $4k(ttl) plus depreciation stings a bit.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Or maybe....

I could report that my order was just pulled. Should have vin early next week.
EA869B64-A744-462F-8F9A-27E92E118D0B.png

21C40C82-C02F-40A2-95DE-838964988208.jpeg

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
J.P. Morgan favors these names for the stunning auto-sales recovery
Jun. 19, 2020 4:51 PM ET|About: General Motors Company (GM)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

Those trying to sort out the mismatch of economic figures and stock market surges could look to U.S. autos, J.P. Morgan says: which is "in the midst of a once fabled but clearly no longer mythical 'V-shaped recovery.' "

New vehicle sales (seasonally adjusted annual rate) fell from 16.7M in February to 11.4M in March and 8.6M in April, before a 47% rebound to 12.6M in May, with what looks like a carry-over into June.

Those end-of-May figures were enough for JPM to forecast another gain to 14.4M in June, but new information from Sonic Automotive potentially implies 15.5M SAAR (if figures end up down 10% Y/Y). And even that may be low, if the week-to-week trends keep accelerating, the firm says.

Similarly, after expectations in April of a huge bear market in used vehicles, prices stabilized by the end of that month, then rose 8.9% in May. Prices are up another 6.6% sequentially for the first two weeks of June, according to Manheim - to a new record high.

Lithia management on a nondeal roadshow the firm hosted last week even laid out a scenario for 15-18M SAAR in the second half, vs. an all-time record of 17.55M in 2016.

Enthusiasm in the global market should be tempered, as other regions are lagging behind the U.S. and China in auto recovery, JPM adds.

What's that mean for U.S. automakers? The firm prefers General Motors (NYSE:GM) to Ford (NYSE:F), with an advantage in comparatively greater exposure to North America and China, with Ford's heavy presence in slower-rebounding Western Europe as a disadvantage. GM also enters the downturn from a position of relative strength, it says; it has a superior margin and free cash flow profile, and "the ability to replenish dealer inventory post-strike means less downside to sales vs. production in comparison to Ford."

Its December 2020 price target of $33 on GM implies 24% upside; its target of $7 for Ford implies 12.4% upside.

Among auto parts suppliers, the firm had focused on quality (Aptiv (NYSE:APTV) has been its top pick), and now it's taking a more risk-on stance toward American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) and Dana (NYSE:DAN). Its $89 price target on APTV implies 14.5% upside, and a $16 target on DAN implies 35% upside. And for rental cars, it prefers Avis Budget (NASDAQ:CAR) to Hertz (NYSE:HTZ), whose shares are now "highly unlikely to realize any recovery." The immediacy of the crisis seems to have passed for CAR, on which it has a $22 price target.

The firm's also keeping an Underweight rating on Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) - aside from Hertz, "by far the most overvalued stock in our coverage group." Its target is higher, to $275 from $240, but that still implies 73% downside from Tesla's $1000.90 close.

Now read: See all stocks on the move »

DVan8504

Established Member
Has anyone purchased or at least talked to a dealer about Raptors since COVID hit? I know one person earlier in the thread got a deal on one in Canada, but I'm curious about dealer willingness to significantly discount a Raptor in the U.S.

dmn4316

Established Member
Has anyone purchased or at least talked to a dealer about Raptors since COVID hit? I know one person earlier in the thread got a deal on one in Canada, but I'm curious about dealer willingness to significantly discount a Raptor in the U.S.
I was looking at a 2019 and they (San Tan Ford in Phx) still wanted sticker about a month and a half ago. I couldn't justify paying sticker for a truck that has been on their lot almost a year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread