Manufacturer 84 at 0%

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Disagree in that it has ZERO competition.

Tacoma and FJ Cruiser are close, but Toyota axed the FJ and the Taco is equality over priced and twice as antiquated.

There are no other iconic, convertible, off road capable trucks on the market.

New Blazer is just a cute-ute and I'm skeptical of the Bronco. I'm surprised GM or Ford hasn't released a "convertible" Ranger or Colorado.
How much does one pay for rock crawler with no competition? In reality the 4 dr JK/JL is too long without a good size lift let alone a JT on the rocks. Most jeepers said the JK was too big for the trail.

There’s no market for a truck street vert. It’s been tried before and failed.

Even the jl has an open rail roof option that it’s not unlike many who have huge open air glass roofs now.

Gladiator biggest win is off-road with a bed but at $15-20k more than the Tacoma?

Would they sell more and make more total profit at $45k JT rubi? Maybe the JT was just too high to develop?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
guy just scored a new trackhawk for 67k USD in Canada...just checking in to let yall know they're 20k more here. have a good one :/

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
How much does one pay for rock crawler with no competition? In reality the 4 dr JK/JL is too long without a good size lift let alone a JT on the rocks. Most jeepers said the JK was too big for the trail.

There’s no market for a truck street vert. It’s been tried before and failed.

Even the jl has an open rail roof option that it’s not unlike many who have huge open air glass roofs now.

Gladiator biggest win is off-road with a bed but at $15-20k more than the Tacoma?

Would they sell more and make more total profit at $45k JT rubi? Maybe the JT was just too high to develop?
I was not thinking Dakato Convertible but more like classic K5, Bronco or IH (not unlike a modern Wrangler).

As for the Unlimited being a good rock crawler, no one cares, they sell like hot cakes and hold their value.

Jeeps appeal is more than raw "performance", it's also looks, feel and the drop top. Even if people don't use any of it, it's the "idea that they could".

I think the concept to "the idea they could" sells most things. Why else does a guy buy a GT350R and brags about its track prowess but never tracks or even drives it. Why else does someone buy a formal dinner set for 12 but have never had a dinner party? Etc.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I agree the top off doors off road vehicles are a blast. I loved my JK and JL is on my list.

JLRubi is now over $50k msrp which you can buy a sweet off Tremor with huge cab huge bed 15k tow and 3k haul.

Jeeps are overpriced today.

crazy4life

Established Member
Guess Ford dealer found some money or something. Supposed to pick up this Ram on Saturday and now the ford guy found an extra 4000 dollars in his sock drawer or somtin. Now the trucks are 700 apart. Ford guy said they will give me leather interior for cost which is 1500 and he says its nicer then factory. WTF is up with this guy if he gave me rock bottom number 3 days ago I would probably not even looked for other trucks. Ram interior is head and shoulders above the Ford but I like that the ford has the knob on the dash for backing up trailers. Have a boat and camper and my wife goes into convulsions at the mere mention of the word reverse at the boat launch or campground. Hate when these guys play games.
RAM
New 2019 Ram 2500 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X4 6'4 BOX For Sale | New Castle DE

Tremor
2020 Ford F-250SD XLT in Woodbine, NJ | Philadelphia Ford F-250SD | Gentilini Ford Inc

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Guess Ford dealer found some money or something. Supposed to pick up this Ram on Saturday and now the ford guy found an extra 4000 dollars in his sock drawer or somtin. Now the trucks are 700 apart. Ford guy said they will give me leather interior for cost which is 1500 and he says its nicer then factory. WTF is up with this guy if he gave me rock bottom number 3 days ago I would probably not even looked for other trucks. Ram interior is head and shoulders above the Ford but I like that the ford has the knob on the dash for backing up trailers. Have a boat and camper and my wife goes into convulsions at the mere mention of the word reverse at the boat launch or campground. Hate when these guys play games.
RAM

Tremor
2020 Ford F-250SD XLT in Woodbine, NJ | Philadelphia Ford F-250SD | Gentilini Ford Inc

The Ram is next level as far as interiors go. I would get the Ram if it was me.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
RAM

Tremor

Ram interior is very nice. Did you sign papers yet on the ram? If not drive both and see which is a better fit. Let ford know your also working a deal on the ram. Maybe the match the price.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
crazy what 10 years does to pricing, my 2010 JKU sport was 27.5k...yes i realize not a rubicon, but just wow. they’re going to have to get me a nicer vehicle for that kind of money.

I’d take the wheelbase(low belly) and stability of the 4dr over the 2dr any day...just my preference. a stock rubicon really has nothing to compete with it offroad.

i really think the tremor is hawt, and i also dig the raptors, but neither would make it down some of the stuff done in Jeeps without significant damage.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
crazy what 10 years does to pricing, my 2010 JKU sport was 27.5k...yes i realize not a rubicon, but just wow. they’re going to have to get me a nicer vehicle for that kind of money.

I’d take the wheelbase(low belly) and stability of the 4dr over the 2dr any day...just my preference. a stock rubicon really has nothing to compete with it offroad.

i really think the tremor is hawt, and i also dig the raptors, but neither would make it down some of the stuff done in Jeeps without significant damage.
My 12 JKR was $35k msrp, today the same options its $49k. JL jumped about $10k in price.

It is interesting the JLR and the 20 Tremor ground clearance is the same at 10.8. The JLUR is at 10.1. Tremor has a decent crawl too at 55:1. Of course the Rubicon blows that out of the water....

stvdman

Established Member
Wrangler and Gladiator are both overpriced. But at least they are finally discounting them. Well at least the JL.

The Gladiator is overpriced as well. We bought one with sticker price of $52k last July. I offered $46k and they took it.

Now, I STILL think that was too much. Its a nice vehicle with adequate power driving dynamics. We had test driven it and a F150 Platinum the same day. I liked the F150 a tad better..but..the salesman was smart. They let my wife take a demo Gladiator out on an extended test drive with the top down. The wind was whipping, her hair was everywhere, sounds system ws cranking, and she was laughing and giggling like a little school girl....I knew right then it was all over....

Now I have to find something to go with it as the Cobra is gone..

Users who are viewing this thread