Malaysia Flight Missing

Deric

Established Member
GPS doesn't work like that, it is receive only on the ground, devices don't transmit anything up to GPS satellites. Phones can only be located using cell towers or GPS info transmitted through a cell network.

A GPS handset is reciever only... The difference between a phone and a handset is that phones have access to wifi and 3g/4g where the recieved information is accessible by many apps, websites, and carriers monitoring all your data usage and locations. Considering the phones are "ringing," they have service and are surely within reach of towers to use that data.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
affiche_zpsba6ae33a.jpg

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
A GPS handset is reciever only... The difference between a phone and a handset is that phones have access to wifi and 3g/4g where the recieved information is accessible by many apps, websites, and carriers monitoring all your data usage and locations. Considering the phones are "ringing," they have service and are surely within reach of towers to use that data.

this report of cell phones still ringing surfaced 3 days after the plane was lost. i'm not saying they're not ringing, all i'm saying is their batteries would be long dead.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
If that's true, how does he know? And again, there would be something floating in the water showing some sign of debris.

As far as the phones still ringing, most phones would have died by now. It's been 3 days so I find that part very hard to believe.

Bullets break up on impact with the water, what do you think would happen to a plane? You think of water as being this soft substance, but the reality is that it's still matter.

Plane fuselages aren't exactly non-destructible. If the force is hard enough on any material, it can be destroyed into such tiny pieces, you'd never know it was there. Flying a plane into water @ 600+ MPH would disintegrate the plane. Current reports say the plane had made a u-turn and may have actually crossed back over malaysia into the Andaman sea, possible even the indian ocean.

The ocean would just laugh at it on impact.

Chinese people can't drive worth a shit for 200.00 Alex.

FWA Flying while....

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Apparently, experts are saying that the cell phones are ringing because the dialers phone is ringing first as the network searches for the phone over its vast network, before eventually hanging up when it isn't found. The explanation is that ringing prompts the person to stay on the line, rather than silence.

That said, every time I've ever called anybody's cell phone that has been off or out of service, it has gone straight to voicemail.

Some people also claim their family is still shown as logged in to instant messenger programs. This has been explained away as the fact people can leave programs running at home or have multiple devices - but these are the things that make you say "hmm"

Posted via Topify on Android

scott_0

Established Member
as said there is information not being supplied here, dont want to flat out call it a cover up but seems as if. you cannot pretty much rule terrorist, they pretty much jump right on laying claim to their work..........

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
just wondering....were there any surviving member of seal team 6 on this plane by chance?

My assumption - and only an assumption - is that if there was a member (or retired member) of the Navy Seals on there some sort of information would have leaked via friends and family - even if only vague information about military involvement.

The identities of Seal Team 6 involved in Bin Ladens assassination have been strongly shrouded in secret, but even then, if one of them was on the plane someone would have mentioned something about a military personnel being on the jet. In fact, had anyone on the jet been slightly involved in the military, the assumption is that some one would make that known even if they didn't know to what degree their involvement was.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
as said there is information not being supplied here, dont want to flat out call it a cover up but seems as if. you cannot pretty much rule terrorist, they pretty much jump right on laying claim to their work..........

i dont think it has anything to do with a cover up, rather it has everything to do with top agencies from different countries getting into a pissing match and not sharing information. it seems as thought the malaysian military has been a main contributor to this. the fact that the radar information that was leaked yesterday is just coming out as breaking developments sort of shows this. as i said, this is something they should know within the first hours of the investigation. technically, if the plane crashed in international waters, the country of the planes origin has rights to the investigation. yet it sounds as though malaysia has yet to claim the lead role. which may have something to do with the confusion, misinformation and/or reluctance to release info.

it'll probably only get worse as the days go on. being that the plane is American made, the NTSB and Boeing are obligated to get involved.and if they suspect foul play, the NTSB is obligated to notify the FBI.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
this report of cell phones still ringing surfaced 3 days after the plane was lost. i'm not saying they're not ringing, all i'm saying is their batteries would be long dead.
Most smart phones will last days upon end on standby mode. iPhone 4S has up to 200 hours of standby time. So that's just short of 10 days. But if the phones were underwater, the phone would be dead due to shorting out, so it would be off.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Most smart phones will last days upon end on standby mode. iPhone 4S has up to 200 hours of standby time. So that's just short of 10 days. But if the phones were underwater, the phone would be dead due to shorting out, so it would be off.

well then clearly i have an underperforming 4S lol :nonono:

my mistake i didn't realize it could last that long.

zPipes

Established Member
Either I'm the only one following this or its a repost, but wtf happened to this plane? Obviously it's probably sitting on the bottom of the ocean, but how is there no debris or any evidence??

Mystery Malaysia flight may have been hundreds of miles off course - CNN.com

I have taken a lurk more approach and keep quiet, but this is my thread. I've been following this story religiously and I'm VERY surprised it isn't being talked about here before now (unless I, too, missed it somewhere)!

I don't really have a theory on what happened, but I don't suspect terrorism or any foul play. It'll be interesting to see if they ever find this plane though. I mean, how does a big ole airliner just go missing? :dw:

Still strange that is just disappeared with no trace, if it was hijacked you think someone would have tried to use the head rest phone. They need to put a panic button on the planes for the crew to hit when in trouble, then make a tracking device that cannot be turned off.

Big ocean.

Thanks for that link, I've just been added to the terrorist watch list you planter.

SteveChris

Established Member
Fact #1: All Boeing 777 commercial jets are equipped with black box recorders that can survive any on-board explosion

• Fact #2: All black box recorders transmit locator signals for at least 30 days after falling into the ocean

Yet the black box from this particular incident hasn't been detected at all. That's why investigators are having such trouble finding it. Normally, they only need to "home in" on the black box transmitter signal.

Be careful of the "facts" you post, they're not 100% true and cause people to start believing in conspiracy theories.
The signal travels for 3km, less than 2mi. In an ocean that big they don't simple hone in on a signal as if they had it all along...they find it and THEN hone in on it.
It took days to find that air France crash, it happens and it's normal.

There obviously is technology for black boxes that send data to satellites but it's not cheap to retrofit those on and honestly this does not occur enough.
Maybe in the future as new planes are built they can add that.

Drew1204 said:
• Fact #3: Many parts of destroyed aircraft are naturally bouyant and will float in water
Yes but again, that's if it broke apart in the air. If it hit intact then a lot is trapped (depending on how it hit) or is tightly packed in one area in that large ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread