Malaysia Flight Missing

YJSONLY

Established Member
I have seen it on the news. My theory is a hijack by the 2 unknown guys he had fake passports.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I have taken a lurk more approach and keep quiet, but this is my thread. I've been following this story religiously and I'm VERY surprised it isn't being talked about here before now (unless I, too, missed it somewhere)!

I don't really have a theory on what happened, but I don't suspect terrorism or any foul play. It'll be interesting to see if they ever find this plane though. I mean, how does a big ole airliner just go missing? :dw:

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Radar is only good for 100-150 miles off the coast, and the ocean is very hard to find things in so... it's not a huge mystery.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
4313116+_2bad9456e6dcb22396ac93f4fb3d7cba.jpg

Damn you beat me to it

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol knew the aliens meme was coming. Like I said, I think it's sitting on the bottom. I think they will find it one day, but how in the hell will they be able to retrieve the bodies?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Why the heck don't planes send GPS locations every minute or so??? I mean with all the tech we have planes should be way easier to track and know where they went down at. They said the passengers cell phones are still ringing!?? But yeah I myself have been following this story now 24/7 as I wanna know WTF!

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Radar is only good for 100-150 miles off the coast, and the ocean is very hard to find things in so... it's not a huge mystery.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know squat about radars, but if this is true then why has this not been reported already? The way officials and the media (a real reliable source, I know) report this it's an unprecedented mystery.

Do you have any facts to the contrary?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Surely in the year 2014, planes are able to send a distress beacon. Maybe radar isn't capable of working beyond 150 mile radius, but its hard to believe a commercial airliner would lack even the most basic of tracking technology.

Posted via Topify on Android

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know squat about radars, but if this is true then why has this not been reported already? The way officials and the media (a real reliable source, I know) report this it's an unprecedented mystery.

Do you have any facts to the contrary?

Surely in the year 2014, planes are able to send a distress beacon. Maybe radar isn't capable of working beyond 150 mile radius, but its hard to believe a commercial airliner would lack even the most basic of tracking technology.

Posted via Topify on Android

You may find this interesting.

How It's Possible to Lose an Airplane in 2014 | Autopia | Wired.com

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
there was a retired 777 pilot on the radio the other day and he said if it was hijacked and flown straight down into the water at 600mph the plane would have been almost completely destroyed with little evidence left over..

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
there was a retired 777 pilot on the radio the other day and he said if it was hijacked and flown straight down into the water at 600mph the plane would have been almost completely destroyed with little evidence left over..

If that's true, how does he know? And again, there would be something floating in the water showing some sign of debris.

As far as the phones still ringing, most phones would have died by now. It's been 3 days so I find that part very hard to believe.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member

Equalbracket

Established Member
They'll find it eventually, they're just looking in the wrong spot. I suspect foul play. Even with complete power failure in both engines it can still glide for over 100 miles.

The 90 degree turn is unreal, then to cross back Into the ocean. They had multiple runways to land on. Pretty horrible tho, a few babies and kids, and the one Texan. :(

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If that's true, how does he know? And again, there would be something floating in the water showing some sign of debris.

As far as the phones still ringing, most phones would have died by now. It's been 3 days so I find that part very hard to believe.
Plane fuselages aren't exactly non-destructible. If the force is hard enough on any material, it can be destroyed into such tiny pieces, you'd never know it was there. Flying a plane into water @ 600+ MPH would disintegrate the plane. Current reports say the plane had made a u-turn and may have actually crossed back over malaysia into the Andaman sea, possible even the indian ocean.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
They'll find it eventually, they're just looking in the wrong spot. I suspect foul play. Even with complete power failure in both engines it can still glide for over 100 miles.

The 90 degree turn is unreal, then to cross back Into the ocean. They had multiple runways to land on. Pretty horrible tho, a few babies and kids, and the one Texan. :(
I'm thinking those Iranian students with the stolen passports somehow have something to do with it. Not trying to sound stereotypical, but something isn't adding up. Being that the plane was headed to Beijing, maybe they tried to hijack it, and were somewhat unsuccessful causing the pilot, or copilot, to turn the plane to head it in a direction that would disorient the hijackers where they couldn't recover their bearing?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The ocean is big so, it may take a while before they can locate it. There are some strange things though. Someone had to have intentionally turned off the beacon thing in the cockpit which according to some supposed experts that's very difficult and you have to know what you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread