Malaysia Flight Missing

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I'll preface this by saying I don't actually believe the aircraft is part of a terrorist plot. Several government agencies cleared all passengers on board of suspicion.

With that said, there are definitely ways this could happen. If a terrorist organization was in control of the plane at this time, they'd obviously be removing any sort of tracking or communicative transponders from the aircraft. That would make using secondary radar useless as it relies on the aircraft providing a response signal. This is actually a big part of why we can't actually find the damn thing. Over the ocean past land masses, there's very little, if any, primary radar that can detect the aircraft.

US_lamb.radcov_5kmagl.jpg

As you can see from the map above, primary radar coverage only extends out so far. Possibly only 50-150 miles in some areas. These maps are readily available and if I can use them to see weakness in coverage, believe a terrorist could as well. It would be reasonable to expect that as an aircraft neared known radar coverage, they would increase speed to near maximum cruise in order to cover distance in the least amount of time possible. For a 777, that's an equivalent speed of 590mph (altitude dependent based on atmospheric pressure).

At those speeds it doesn't take long to travel a lot of distance. By the time a radar echo is received and recognition protocols are completed (likely with no response), you don't have a lot of time to scramble forces to take it down. If it reaches a populated area, shooting it down may alter it's intended path of destruction, but it won't stop it.

Now I'm not a military guy and I don't know what types of protocols there may be with that. Our airforce keeps patrols in the air and jets at the ready, so scrambling aircraft probably doesn't take much time. However as you can see, there's little if any room for error here. A terrorist pilot acting like a commercial airliner that's having problems, could possibly stall decisions for long enough for the aircraft to reach an intended target on the eastern or western coast.

Very Interesting thanks for sharing the knowledge - I still think it's on land somewhere

zPipes

Established Member
Because governments diclose any and all information they have to citizens, and only release truthful information.

zPipes

Established Member
So what are yall thinking about this Georesonance company or w/e? I mean, look, its been two months and nobody has a clue whats going on, but they are quick to dismiss any other options? That's strange. If they are so certain where the plane is in the Indian Ocean, they should throw everything at it, knock it out in a couple weeks and be done with it. Instead they claim it will take up to 8 months? Hrmmm.. delay, delay, let time go by so people move on..

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
They should look into the report from GR and check out the suspected site along the north route just to make sure. I do believe that the ego's of the investigators want to brush this possibility off as they would look horrible if they had been searching the wrong area for weeks.

Sirraf

Established Member
This is all a diversion guys. Not this much media coverage and attention was provided for the Air France incident years ago. Media/Gov't keeping citizens attention elsewhere. Something else is brewing.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I'll preface this by saying I don't actually believe the aircraft is part of a terrorist plot. Several government agencies cleared all passengers on board of suspicion.

With that said, there are definitely ways this could happen. If a terrorist organization was in control of the plane at this time, they'd obviously be removing any sort of tracking or communicative transponders from the aircraft. That would make using secondary radar useless as it relies on the aircraft providing a response signal. This is actually a big part of why we can't actually find the damn thing. Over the ocean past land masses, there's very little, if any, primary radar that can detect the aircraft.

US_lamb.radcov_5kmagl.jpg

As you can see from the map above, primary radar coverage only extends out so far. Possibly only 50-150 miles in some areas. These maps are readily available and if I can use them to see weakness in coverage, believe a terrorist could as well. It would be reasonable to expect that as an aircraft neared known radar coverage, they would increase speed to near maximum cruise in order to cover distance in the least amount of time possible. For a 777, that's an equivalent speed of 590mph (altitude dependent based on atmospheric pressure).

At those speeds it doesn't take long to travel a lot of distance. By the time a radar echo is received and recognition protocols are completed (likely with no response), you don't have a lot of time to scramble forces to take it down. If it reaches a populated area, shooting it down may alter it's intended path of destruction, but it won't stop it.

Now I'm not a military guy and I don't know what types of protocols there may be with that. Our airforce keeps patrols in the air and jets at the ready, so scrambling aircraft probably doesn't take much time. However as you can see, there's little if any room for error here. A terrorist pilot acting like a commercial airliner that's having problems, could possibly stall decisions for long enough for the aircraft to reach an intended target on the eastern or western coast.

FWIW, I know there are a few arrays/installations on the west coast that have radar coverage much greater than that map, I believe one is by Beale AFB, they (the guys on base) were saying they can spot a Cessna taking off from Tokyo. Dunno how true that is but im sure if its even 25% true that gives us coverage to Hawaii.

Last edited:

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
This is all a diversion guys. Not this much media coverage and attention was provided for the Air France incident years ago. Media/Gov't keeping citizens attention elsewhere. Something else is brewing.

The jews are going to repeat the 9/11 attacks. Or so says Azamat.

zPipes

Established Member

Yea Russia is about to start a World War.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yea Russia is about to start a World War.

They didnt do it decades ago when they had a considerable military to ours, they sure in the hell wont do it now.

Then again, we dont have half the leadership we had a decade ago, let alone in the cold war era, so who knows.

And I think were getting pretty good coverage of these situations, if you arent just watching TV news.

Zerohe

Bro do you even Boost?
Established Member
This plane will never be found. Its been 2 months. time to call it a wrap. these people must feel terrible not knowing what became of their loved ones, while the Media has ran this story up every pole around the world. I want to believe but no one knows where to look. Lets look on land?

ThomasL

Established Member
I've given up on following this story. Sad, but it's just rumor after rumor and not a shred of evidence. Something is fishy about it no doubt. Plane is gone and not a single bit of it has washed up or been seen anywhere with as many resources as they've put into finding it?

WhiteFaleen2001

Established Member
I've given up on following this story. Sad, but it's just rumor after rumor and not a shred of evidence. Something is fishy about it no doubt. Plane is gone and not a single bit of it has washed up or been seen anywhere with as many resources as they've put into finding it?

my thoughts exactly

Users who are viewing this thread