Major rubbing issue :(

04cobruh

Established Member
Hey guys.
So I just installed some h&r sports, with maximum motorsports C/C plates on my 04 vert.
I kept the isolators in on the front and rear.
I'm Getting major wheel rub on the passenger wheel wells. I'm running a 275/40/17. Anyone else have this problem?
Any suggestions before I drop down a tire size? :(

F247DF55-6A9B-4E16-9D85-589B999EE415_zpslldqpbr2.jpg

988059B3-7FDA-4B41-8D63-6DB7961966AF_zpsl4tloq4y.jpg

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I haven't seen this problem before. Is it a problem on both sides?

04cobruh

Established Member
I haven't seen this problem before. Is it a problem on both sides?

It slightly rubs on the drivers side, but not enough to bother or worry me.
The passenger side is bad enough, to where you can see my air filter from the JLT. Intake . I'm gonna try the heat gum tonight and if that doesn't work then it's getting cut!

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I'm running 275's with an 18" rim, you shouldn't have that problem. Did you get it aligned when you put the CC plates on? It looks as if your Caster is out of whack

gmtech

Grease Monkey
Established Member
Somethings not right, I just installed H&R sport springs and new 275's in front and I'm no where near the wheel liners. I didn't install C/C plates though, maybe caster is way off?

SpectorV

Established Member
mine rubbed there slightly, it was due to my JLT CAI pushed out the inner fender liner a bit to much, adjusted the CAI and its fine now.

04cobruh

Established Member
Just had the alignment done again. All numbers are perfect to specs. I'm going to see if the JLT filter is pushing on the fender. Hopefully that was all it was.

Thanks for the feedback guys

RedfireSVT

Established Member
i have 18" 275/35's in the front with no issues at all. thats not an alignment issue, something is off with that inner fender.

Greenwood1982

Established Member
Yea buddy, that is weird. But sometimes cars do weird things. According to my mechanic he called to inform me even with low profile irs bolts that it was still touching on the passenger side tire just a hair. Even American Muscle was like there is no way. But according to him their was. Not even sure since I didn't see this, but I had to order a small spacer for both sides in the back. Just comes to show cars are different.

04cobruh

Established Member
I guess not every car is exactly the same. I just trimmed the fender eels a bit and the issue is gone. Pulled my air filter in and held it innplace with some zip ties to keep it away from the well. But now this bitch sits low as F$$$ underneath. I Was going about 45-50mph and the cross member up front slammed the ground. And makes a hideously scary bang.
I Hate this car right now.

Last edited:

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
I guess not every car is exactly the same. I just trimmed the fender eels a bit and the issue is gone. Pulled my air filter in and held it innplace with some zip ties to keep it away from the well. But now this bitch sits low as F$$$ underneath. I Was going about 45-50mph and the cross member up front slammed the ground. And makes a hideously scary bang.
I Hate this car right now.

Dont trip man, we all go through times like these, makes me love my car even more when I look back at tough times I had with it!

04cobruh

Established Member
Dont trip man, we all go through times like these, makes me love my car even more when I look back at tough times I had with it!

That's true. That's the relationship I've had with all of my cars . I'm just being a crying little bitch right now.
Maybe in a couple days when im done being mad ill drive it again and see if it happens on the main roads.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Check if you are missing a plastic push pin on the inside of the inner fender. The inner fender could be sagging if this is missing.

Mine rub on the top and insides on the inner fenders because I am slammed. I had to zip tie the top of my inner fender up so it would stop rubbing under hard cornering.

My friend put metal plates in his inner fenders so the tires wouldn't wear through and hit his turbo pipes. Its the nature of the beast. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I am running 275/35/18 in the front and i only rubbed like that when i had the coilovers set really low and when i turned sharp. After lifting the car a little i have no issues.... are a lot of people running 40s in the front? I dont know what came stock

04cobruh

Established Member
So I took the car out for a pretty long spirited drive along some winding roads. The rubbing on the drivers side where I trimmed the inner fender is gone, but on hard right turns the drivers side on the upper part of the inner fender rubs. Not a big deal.
Today I'm going to pick n pull to get a passenger side inner fender. I'm going to heat gun it and mold it to where it won't rub.
The suspension feels pretty good, but I think an upgraded front sway bar will make it solid.

Users who are viewing this thread