Mach 1 vs. LT1 Z28

tj04cobra

Established Member
The C6 Z06 is king. A very badass car.

i wish i would have read this a few days ago on the lt1, 2v sh*t-o-thon. i had a 2v right after highschool and my neighbor who i had graduated with had a lt1. his car was a full bolt on (he put just about every little mod you could bolt on to the car, i dont know much about the cars but if it bolted on and advertised horsepower he bought it), long tubes, and 3.73's. it was a 6sp also. Mine was a 2000 5sp and all i had was a junkie bbk cold air and a 3.73 gear. dig race after dig race i drug him each time. my car also had about 50,000 more miles than his had also so it wasn't like his was tired. and our driving skills were about equal, i had just gotten my car.

Sarge_13

Established Member
absolutely priceless coming from an ls1tech moderator. whats up sarge hows that new c6z treatin ya?

How can that car treat you anything but like a King? :nonono:

<- Jealous :kaboom:

I saw one at a car show yesterday, it was nasty looking and i know it hauls ass even stock.

They are IMO the most amazing sports car on the road. **** a Viper or ZR1 the C6 Z06 is :bowdown:

LOL thanks guys, and the Z06 is amazing. Handles very well, brakes very well, and is very quick :rockon:
gets a ton of attention from everyone too. My little 306 Fox is pretty fun too:burnout:

Last edited:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
The C6 Z06 is king. A very badass car.

i wish i would have read this a few days ago on the lt1, 2v sh*t-o-thon. i had a 2v right after highschool and my neighbor who i had graduated with had a lt1. his car was a full bolt on (he put just about every little mod you could bolt on to the car, i dont know much about the cars but if it bolted on and advertised horsepower he bought it), long tubes, and 3.73's. it was a 6sp also. Mine was a 2000 5sp and all i had was a junkie bbk cold air and a 3.73 gear. dig race after dig race i drug him each time. my car also had about 50,000 more miles than his had also so it wasn't like his was tired. and our driving skills were about equal, i had just gotten my car.

here we go again:rolleyes: for every 2v that drags a lt1 theres a lt1 that drags a 2v. stock they are very close, moded the nod usually goes to the lt1. i sound like a broken record...oh well.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
here we go again:rolleyes: for every 2v that drags a lt1 theres a lt1 that drags a 2v. stock they are very close, moded the nod usually goes to the lt1. i sound like a broken record...oh well.

x2.... I remember taking a 2v on the Ave in Moline that was rocking an X-pipe, mufflers and CAI.. I had 3.42s, CAI and my built trans (2200 stall, kevlar clutch packs, manual valvebody)... I won by like half a car length... on any given day another 2v with same mods might have beat me. They were way to close to be claiming victory on any account. With bolt ons anything is possible...though the LT1 can get into the 12s a bit easier with just bolt ons it seems.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
then he is a good driver in good weather. i was talking about average man, sure ive heard of 109 TS in stock ls1 but how many times has that happened? not alot. thats like saying most stock 03 cobras do 114-115 TS stock. id say more like 111-112 is the norm. if you want to compare best times then ok, a ls1 CAN trap 109 mph if everything is perfect. jesus why dont you hang me over a 1-2 MPH diff. in TS :D

i assume you had wheelspin which = higher TS. Its kind of dumb to argue about it bottom line they are fast cars and you cant beat them for the money.
I didn't mean to get into a pissing match. My only point was 104-5 is about as common as a 109-10. :shrug::beer:

burnzilla, nobody agrees with you. Shit, the GM fanbois don't even agree with you. Isn't this the same reason you got banned on LS1tech?
Yes...he was banned because he's ignorant and spouts alot of BS.

absolutely priceless coming from an ls1tech moderator. whats up sarge hows that new c6z treatin ya?
:lol:

They are a drivers race...much like a mach and LS fbod (manual). The only difference is, light bolt ons the mach can still hang.:beer:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
I didn't mean to get into a pissing match. My only point was 104-5 is about as common as a 109-10. :shrug::beer:

Yes...he was banned because he's ignorant and spouts alot of BS.

:lol:

They are a drivers race...much like a mach and LS fbod (manual). The only difference is, light bolt ons the mach can still hang.:beer:

Right on i agree :beer: however when you get into the internals of the 2 engines the close race becomes a little lop sided.

Last edited:

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member

+1

But oh wait.........he disagrees with Burnzilla so he must be a biased Ford nuthugger that will not accept the almighty POWA!!!!!!! of the LT1:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread