Mach 1 vs. LT1 Z28

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Mach 1 vs. LT1 Z28 (now with vid)

Ran a mid 90's z28 the other night. we went from a dig and even though i spun through first and most of second I still managed to put 5 cars on him easily. My buddy was filming with my camera but he had it on still mode so it didnt record :( But race # 2 was from a 20 or so roll and i pulled him like a frieght train maybe 6 cars by 120 when i let off. I talked to the guy driving it he said it was almost stock, exhaust only. I have a video of the second race

[ame]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Mach1vsLT1Camaro_642723.htm[/ame]

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice kill...pretty much what happened everytime I ran the GFs LT1 with my LS1 car. Only she had a 2.73 geared auto (14.3 @ 98mph) instead of a manual LT1. Even stock you would have walked all over it. Nicely done.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Nice kill. Was it an auto or M6? Do you know what gearing he had. The gearing in those cars makes such a huge difference, especially if it's an A4 with 2.73s. They have a strong, torquey bottom end for what they are but up top they lose it in stockish form. When my brother and I run his 94 Z28 A4 (basically 3.42s and catback) against his bone stock G8 GT that runs 13.5 @ 102, the LT1 stays right there and even pulls slightly down low but then just gets walked pretty hard up top. With the 2.73s it wasn't even a race.

Last edited:

burnzilla

Established Member
Beatin up on a stock A4 GU2 with a bolt on/tuned Mach from a roll?
Where is the dig race?

Thats the only one worth watching between a modded Mach and stock LT1.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
You must have not got them MEMO that lt1's need a head start to be a fair race:)

GOOD KILL
mach1=WIN

Haha, coming from someone who barely cracks into the 13s at 101 with a Mach 1...really? I sincerely hope you don't have any mods on that thing. I know of at least a few bolt-on LT1s that would be giving you the head start. :lol1:

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Beatin up on a stock A4 GU2 with a bolt on/tuned Mach from a roll?
Where is the dig race?

Thats the only one worth watching between a modded Mach and stock LT1.

I do not understand you, can you not read or what??? It clearly says on the vid 6 SPEED! :lol: Also, you have seen a vid of an LT1 racing an NE auto "GT" from a dig and you clearly saw who won :lol1:. Give it up already.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Haha, coming from someone who barely cracks into the 13s at 101 with a Mach 1...really? I sincerely hope you don't have any mods on that thing. I know of at least a few bolt-on LT1s that would be giving you the head start. :lol1:

Its true.....LT1s do need a head start against a stock Mach 1. :rolling:

BlueSnake01

Established Member

Well track depends a lot too and weather. Have a friend with a 02 SS (stock at the time), in one track he ran 13.6, in another other 13.2-13.1 so..... But his trap speed seems kind of low though, I was trapping 103 bone stock. But yes, you are right, that better be a Mach 1 stock at a crappy track.

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member

BONE STOCK almost just a drop in K&N filter and weld in flows my times are from driving it for only three months and in florida summer night heat.So now after 2yrs of having it I should do better:)

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I ran 13.2 in a 5 speed Mach with the original paper filter in it with a silencer. The only mods were a O/R H pipe and a MAC catback. The car had 9,000 miles on it.

burnzilla

Established Member
Mach 1's DO NOT run low 13's, high 12's stock on average. Not even LS1's do that.
Mid 13's are average for Mach's.

Thats an obviously blue blooded statement...but I read so many Ford blue comments from you its no surprise.
Now back to reality.

An LT1 only needs a couple bolts to beat/run with Mach's.
A stock SS LT1 M6 is almost just as fast as a stock Mach 1.

:werd:

My friends 94 M6 Firehawk goes 13.2 @ 103 with just shorty headers, catback and 3.73's.
He has beat up on stock/slightly modded Mach's an the IRP a couple times.
The 1/8 usually belongs to the LTX. :D

I do not understand you, can you not read or what??? It clearly says on the vid 6 SPEED! :lol:
My concerns are more concerning a dead stop dig race.

Also, you have seen a vid of an LT1 racing an NE auto "GT" from a dig and you clearly saw who won :lol1:. Give it up already.
I've been watching Auto GT's get pummeled for years, I don't need to see anymore.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^ i have seen many many many stock ls1s go low 13s at 105+...i went 13.19 at 106 in my friends 99 SS bone stock...i'm talking stock air in the tires stock

RealQuick

Established Member
There shouldn't be any debate here. A well driven stock Mach 1 up here will trap 103-104mph stock. A well driven stock LT1 up here will trap ~100mph.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
^^^ i have seen many many many stock ls1s go low 13s at 105+...i went 13.19 at 106 in my friends 99 SS bone stock...i'm talking stock air in the tires stock

x2...

Both me and the fiancee went low 13s in my car.. with very little effort. While I am not the best driver on earth I have every bit of confidence I could take a mach 1 to a low 13. Especially if Burnzillas correct and LS1 cars are not low 13 second cars either... that would mean both me and the fiancee are just like Evan Smith.. hell I will let her do the driving in the Mach 1 against the LT1... I just don't want to hear anyone crying when they lose to a girl. :D

Users who are viewing this thread