Mach 1 VS Cow.... :(

built54

Established Member
I bought my car a month ago, bone stock, never been touched, which is hard to find nowadays... just put exhaust on it this evening, went and picked the gf up for dinner and on our way coming around a curve is about 10-14 cows in the road, I locked up the brakes but it was too late, I hit a cow doing about 40mph, was going 55 b4 hitting the brakes. luckly we are both ok and the airbags didnt go off. It could have been worse, but still, it messed a lot of stuff up. There is cow crap all over my car too. makes me sick!
cowvsstang006.jpg

cowvsstang005.jpg

cowvsstang004.jpg

cowvsstang003.jpg

cowvsstang002.jpg

cowvsstang001.jpg

cowvsstang009.jpg

cowvsstang007.jpg

cowvsstang008.jpg

BrokeFourSix

Established Member
ahhh noo! i hate seeing a mach like that!! i hope you have insurance...if not im sure the owner of the cow would love to pay for a new front end ona mach! :) is that cow shit on your hood?

built54

Established Member
Yeah, forgot to mention, nobody around there would claim the cow. I was pissed. I said to one guy, alright if they aren't yours ill call my buddy and have him bring a trailer to load up the other 10 cows that are running around and sell them to pay for my car, and he freaked out. im glad the cop was there, though he couldnt prove it was his cow, we all know it was. I do have insurance, but still... sux

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
Should have called the buddy to pick them up. Thankfully you're okay bro and the car doesn't look to bad atleast minus the poo of course.

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Yeah, forgot to mention, nobody around there would claim the cow. I was pissed. I said to one guy, alright if they aren't yours ill call my buddy and have him bring a trailer to load up the other 10 cows that are running around and sell them to pay for my car, and he freaked out. im glad the cop was there, though he couldnt prove it was his cow, we all know it was. I do have insurance, but still... sux

How stupid for him NOT to put a ear tag on her. I'd be sending him the bill.

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
Man turned that hood scoop into a pewp scoop.

That sucks man. Get an estimate on the damage yet? Always a good thing to walk away from an accident scratch free. Thats the most important part. Odd the airbags didn't go off though. I dont see how hitting a brick-wall of an animal at 45mph doesn't deploy airbags....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That sucks about your Mach. But glad neither of you were hurt. As far as the roaming cows, if they don't belong on the roadway, why didn't the cop call someone to pick up the remaining cows since no-one claimed ownership? And then sell them at auction. That might have pushed the owner to fess up.

built54

Established Member
the other cows ran off and we couldnt find them. I dont really remember where or how i hit it, but the hood took the weight of it, looking at it today, it smashed the core support down pretty far, and pushed the front end over towards the passenger side a little, also found 2 dents in the 1/4 i couldnt see last night. Im going to get an estimate tomorrow at work, i'm a painter at a body shop here so im sure ill get it worked out and come out even or ahead... though 3 days ago i changed my comp deductable from 500 to 1000 to save a little money... FML

Go Down South

Established Member
I think its a requirement that when you hit a cow, you must get shit on your hood. My mom hit one a few years ago in her civic and she to had cow shit on her hood lol. That does blow man, atleast its fixable damage.

built54

Established Member
ya its all over the roof and back glass, and all down the passenger side. sucks either way ,just glad we were ok, it could have been a lot worse.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Bummer man, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone hitting a cow before. Hopefully you get the car squared away

pixlix

Established Member
I remember a truck hitting a cow in front of my house, the truck got pretty banged up, the cow just took a giant piss and walked off lol

Users who are viewing this thread