MA inspection issues

Novi 1k

Established Member
I just failed today, got flagged for Internal Computer Changes, have to call tuner, which MAC center should i use?

The only changes when comparing my sticker info is that the following went from not supported to ready for all of these monitors.

Catalyst Monitor
Evaporative System Monitor
02 Sensor Monitor
o2 Sensor Heater Monitor
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Monitor

UPR Hi-flo cats, Novi 1k, AFM 42's cams, Mil eliminators, 42lb injectors, and procharger FMIC are my mods.

any help is appreciated.

A.T

Established Member
I just failed today, got flagged for Internal Computer Changes, have to call tuner, which MAC center should i use?

The only changes when comparing my sticker info is that the following went from not supported to ready for all of these monitors.

Catalyst Monitor
Evaporative System Monitor
02 Sensor Monitor
o2 Sensor Heater Monitor
Exhaust Gas Recirculation Monitor

UPR Hi-flo cats, Novi 1k, AFM 42's cams, Mil eliminators, 42lb injectors, and procharger FMIC are my mods.

any help is appreciated.

You don't get to choose which one. It'll be the closest to you. If ALL monitors are ready, and you have the equipment there that is supposed to be, then call the hotline on the VIR. And be sure to have stock style mufflers (or at least something quiet). The MIL eliminators may have to be removed, because whoever is checking the sensors is going to watch the graph between front and rear o2's.

Novi 1k

Established Member
I didn't know that, won't CIL come on if i replace MIL eliminators, with 02 sensor's just making sure what i need to remove/put on prior to dealing with the hassle. Have a call in to the tuner now. I have a loud Tial Bov that I should probably take off as well. Any other suggestions or to do's prior to making an appt? I am using magnapacks welded into stock exhaust since 2001.

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
my god, reading all this makes me sick. seems like cali. so everytime you need a sticker, you gotta return almost everything to stock, and make the car not loud at all.

Mystic1199

Established Member
my god, reading all this makes me sick. seems like cali. so everytime you need a sticker, you gotta return almost everything to stock, and make the car not loud at all.

No its really not that hard ...you get tuned from a tuner who doesnt shut off monitors and thats it ...i havd high flow cats on mine an inspector didnt look under my car ... I failed frist time cause montiors were shut off once turned back one my car passed fine

Novi 1k

Established Member
i'll replace the rear mil's with rear 02's tuner mentioned it was a good idea in case they look under there. I've had all my stuff off which it was triggered for the past 6 yrs, tuner has enabled everything so he thinks i should be okay when i head in. I have all the smog stuff so hopefully I'll be in and out, I probably take out the loud tial bov and replace it with the vortech for good measure/HID lights.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
After market hid's now fail immediately as well so yes take them out as well. I just passed today with flying colors.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member

Not true, basically cars that were tuned prior to 2010 just need to have the tunes updated. If you have a mod friendly inspection station, the game hasn't changed one bit as long as you aren't a dummy.

Chris, curious...where do you go to get your car inspected?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
its 100% dependent upon the tune.........

be warned, if you do fail and get red flagged, you will fail the visual at the state run MAC center.

A.T

Established Member
I am also an inspector. If you get referred to MAC it is up to the guy you get at MAC. I was flagged for a pretest I ran with the tune. Also I wasn't an ass to him, and was straight up on what is done. IDK, maybe different for someone who isn't an inspector.

FaleenGT

Now what's the deal with the part that states that every year the the vehicle year goes up by 1 for emissions not having to be tested? Does this mean that all the check is the safety part and wouldn't care about a off road pipe?

Novi 1k

Established Member
I'll post back up my date with the MAC center is later this week, hopefully it goes well. I checked under there and there are no MIL's and the rear 02's are definitley plugged in.

I did pick up a stock H-pipe in case I am forced to put it back on.

Is possible to get flagged because in all other year's my monitors were off but now they are on?

A.T

Established Member
Now what's the deal with the part that states that every year the the vehicle year goes up by 1 for emissions not having to be tested? Does this mean that all the check is the safety part and wouldn't care about a off road pipe?

Next year 99 will be exempt from emissions. Model year being 15 years old or older is exempt. Cats are concidered a visual, if the inspector looks for them. If you are caught with an off road pipe the fines are like $10,000 or $15,000 I think. Not sure if it is enforced though, maybe by E.P.

A.T

Established Member
Is possible to get flagged because in all other year's my monitors were off but now they are on?

Looks like you have a 2000 GT. 2000 and older are allowed 2 monitors to be not ready to pass. You might actually be in the clear because of that but I'm not going to guarantee it.

FaleenGT

Next year 99 will be exempt from emissions. Model year being 15 years old or older is exempt. Cats are concidered a visual, if the inspector looks for them. If you are caught with an off road pipe the fines are like $10,000 or $15,000 I think. Not sure if it is enforced though, maybe by E.P.

Sorry for my stupidity but does that mean if they don't visually check for cats, then it won't matter if the rear o2s are off?

Dead Mach 1

Established Member
Sorry for my stupidity but does that mean if they don't visually check for cats, then it won't matter if the rear o2s are off?

yes... if the car doesnt need to have an emission done then it doesnt matter, hell the check engine light could be on and it wouldnt matter

Novi 1k

Established Member
Can anyone confirm if all 8 of these should be on? or if it should be these.

Catalyst monitor -ready
Catalyst heater - not supported
Evap system - ready
Secondary air - not supported
Ac system - not supported
O2 sensor monitor- ready
O2 sensor heater- ready
Egr monitor -ready

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread