M6 vs 07 Cobra???

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
just remember..those are not just any horses..they are magic bmw horses :) some how bmw makes cars faster than they appear on paper.

epracmetcon

Established Member
Any of you guys actually drive a new m5 with a v10 in it? Faster you go, the harder they pull. From a deadstop the new gt500 would probably have it til about 60 when the m6 would be pulling away.

R1Lello

Established Member
epracmetcon said:
Any of you guys actually drive a new m5 with a v10 in it? Faster you go, the harder they pull. From a deadstop the new gt500 would probably have it til about 60 when the m6 would be pulling away.

No can't say that I did but I'm sure all those GT500 haters(or just jeolous) have all driven the GT500 to come to some of these conclusions. Later............

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
Nick85 said:
Yes. Again like I told your buddy....do some research.

Umm, Nicholas (hope you dont mind me calling you that, if so oh well), there is nothing in that page that says 200mph. And to your friends that say "With the limiter off it'll do it", MANY cars can hit outrageous speeds with their limiter off, maybe thats why they call it a limiter :shrug: ?

Nick85

Banned
Comon now...

" the new M6 resets the sports GT benchmark, with supercar performance, dispatching the zero to 62mph sprint in 4.6 seconds and achieving a limited top speed of 155mph. If derestricted, the M6 would be capable of a 200mph+ top speed."

R1Lello

Established Member
Nick85 said:
Comon now...

" the new M6 resets the sports GT benchmark, with supercar performance, dispatching the zero to 62mph sprint in 4.6 seconds and achieving a limited top speed of 155mph. If derestricted, the M6 would be capable of a 200mph+ top speed."

Sorry, but I'm on 98GMeater's side. Until it's proven, it just wasn't, simple as that!!!! Don't think that last 45 mph plus is a walk in the park, it takes plenty more.

R1Lello

Established Member
Nick85 said:
Geezuz i'm talking to morons.

First of all, insults not required. I won't lower myself to do the same to you. Second, according to your signature, you own a 2005 Mustang so you're basing you facts on what?? magazine articles??? Have you driven this M6?? Do you know someone that owns one, let alone modded and topped it out to 200 mph ??? Didn't think so. "Capable to reach 200 mph" Capable means what buddy ??? Look it up in the dictionary. So your facts and the atitude that is coming across is based on what????? Care to redirect your insults???

Wild Bill

Established Member
I was assuming you were talking about stock vs stock.Then all of a sudden the BMW has the limiter off.Well if your going to start modding then we know who will win that war! If ford underates the shelby like they did the terminator it will be very close.Anyone saying the M5 or M6 is going to spank the shelby in any performance area is going to be surprised.The shelby is designed to outperform the terminator despite the weight gain.If ford succeeds it will be right there with the new Ms. Personally I cant wait to put the smack down on both of them!

03CobraBro

Established Member
I honestly hope a cars physical top speed (let alone the theoretical BS) doesnt make or break a deal for someone.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Nick85 said:
Comon now...

Hmmmm. 200 mph with 507 hp. That seems like a bit of a streatch. Not many cars can do that. To go that fast takes a lot of HP more than what is available in the M6. A Z06 vette with way better aerodynamics won't even do that (close though). Just cus the cars speedo goes to 330 kph does not mean it will actually go that fast.

Conclusion: I'm calling :bs:

GH1086

Established Member
Pegilyn said:
I was assuming you were talking about stock vs stock.Then all of a sudden the BMW has the limiter off.Well if your going to start modding then we know who will win that war! If ford underates the shelby like they did the terminator it will be very close.Anyone saying the M5 or M6 is going to spank the shelby in any performance area is going to be surprised.The shelby is designed to outperform the terminator despite the weight gain.If ford succeeds it will be right there with the new Ms. Personally I cant wait to put the smack down on both of them!

There is no way in hell the new Cobra is going to out handle the M6, it just won't happen, however it will be faster in a light to light race, but top end will go the M6.

Nick85

Banned
Imagine pulling up to a light in your 40K Shelby next to a 100K M6 and burning the living crap out of it...now that would be cool.

Wild Bill

Established Member
GH1086 said:
There is no way in hell the new Cobra is going to out handle the M6, it just won't happen, however it will be faster in a light to light race, but top end will go the M6.
I guess we will see.Im betting it will be very close in every area.I dont think the shelby will be faster light to light but I also dont think the M6 will pull on the topend.Both will be heavy but powerful.The current cobra handles good and the shelby is on a better platform.
If they are ever compaired in the mags.then of course the M6 will win.The mags are biased towards german and jap cars.On the streets,frewways and road courses I bet the shelby will be right there.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
A 4000 lb. GT500 pulling 1G? I don't think so. That's about what a Vette pulls with a much lower CG, 800 less poundage, is not nose heavy, has an IRS and a way better suspension.

:read:

okay, so not a whole G, but supposedly .94-.96. Beside, it's not even out yet, so I'll believe the engineers claims, until otherwise proven.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Pegilyn said:
The shelby is designed to outperform the terminator despite the weight gain.If ford succeeds it will be right there with the new Ms.

correction: The shelby is designed to make as much profit as possible by using the legendary carrol shelby name plate along with the dirt cheap mustang GT chassis, a cast-iron block, solid rear axle and various other 60s technology

I'm sorry but the GT500 is a step back in 21st century performance cars

Users who are viewing this thread