M6 vs 07 Cobra???

BlackCobra96

Just wondering who would win. My father-in-law is looking to trade up his 645 to an M6 whenever they become available, and I'm looking to get the new Cobra whenever the dealers stop price gouging them.

Nick85

Banned
oooh good question. I think off the line the Cobra is going to take the M6 but it will be close. At higher speeds say goodbye...the M6 will reach 200mph and outhandle the hell out of the Cobra.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
200mph? Really? I don't think even the new Z06 is capable of that.

Also, the new GT500 is supposed to pull about a 'G' on the skid pad. That's a handling mo'fo' right there...
What is the M6 doing?

98GMEater

Mr. PIIHB
Established Member
Nick85 said:
oooh good question. I think off the line the Cobra is going to take the M6 but it will be close. At higher speeds say goodbye...the M6 will reach 200mph and outhandle the hell out of the Cobra.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, who told you that? 200mph no, but 180 or so sounds about right.

Nick85

Banned
Well...the M6 has the same engine as the M5...V10 507hp right. The M5, although electronically limited to 155 can easily reach 200 mph. I would think that the M6 being a coupe would have absolutely no problem reaching that speed.

JoeSVT

Established Member
Nick85 said:
True^

I have a problem paying 100 grand for a BMW.
I think you have a problem in general. You seriously think the M6 being so heavy can actually maneuver well at speeds well over 200mph? :poke:

Nick85

Banned
JoeSVT said:
I think you have a problem in general. You seriously think the M6 being so heavy can actually maneuver well at speeds well over 200mph? :poke:

Yes. Again like I told your buddy....do some research.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
BlackOnBlack said:
Just wondering who would win. My father-in-law is looking to trade up his 645 to an M6 whenever they become available, and I'm looking to get the new Cobra whenever the dealers stop price gouging them.

On top end I think M6 would pull. One thing I do know the new Shelby better be able to at least beat the C5 Z06 in a straight line. I've seen low 12's and even a couple of high 11 sec times from a stock C5 Z06 and low 12's is where the Shelby is projected. Should be interesting.

366stroker

Established Member
set price on corbra

BlackOnBlack said:

just so you know ford has not even released a price on the corbra dealers dont have prices you cant even order one yet so who ever is stateing they have order a corbra or has one on deposit is lying through there teeth. ford dont even know how many they will make. this is straight form the horses mouth my dad is on the design team in dearborn and this is what he said but how does he know his just works there for living. :shrug:

JDsfastGN

Established Member
M6 from any roll or stop.... the Germans have the electronic launch control down to a T. The Mercedes can pull away from a light with nary a peep and yet its pulling like mad, i don't see why the BMW will be any different

jessestatic

Established Member
Engine
Type: V10
Displacement: 5000 cc
Horsepower: 507 bhp @ 7750 rpm
Torque: 383 lb-ft @ 6100 rpm
Redline: 8000 rpm
Factory Specs.
Engine
Type: Supercharged V8
Displacement: 5409 cc
Horsepower: 475 bhp @ ---- rpm
Torque: 475 lb-ft @ ---- rpm
Redline: 6250 rpm
Factory Specs.

Just thought that would help.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
XCELR8 said:
200mph? Really? I don't think even the new Z06 is capable of that.

Also, the new GT500 is supposed to pull about a 'G' on the skid pad. That's a handling mo'fo' right there...
What is the M6 doing?

A 4000 lb. GT500 pulling 1G? I don't think so. That's about what a Vette pulls with a much lower CG, 800 less poundage, is not nose heavy, has an IRS and a way better suspension.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread