Lund Tune Vs. AED Tune

Status
Not open for further replies.

13GT5.0

Established Member
I've used Brenspeed, Lund and JPC. All 3 worked great, no complaints. I spoke to Lund about doing a Dyno tune. He didn't deny that you may squeeze a little more out with a Dyno, but was telling me that the benefit probably wouldn't out weigh the price for a N/A tune. The few times I contacted Lund with questions, he answered me the same day. JPC tune worked great also, they definitely check logs for you, because they asked me to do logs, so they could help me dial the car in. Customer Service couldn't of been any better. IMO all these tuners are excellent (Lund, JPC, Brenspeed, AED) the performance difference in the tunes are minimal. You're not going to gain 2-5 tenths, by switching between any of these guys, unless there was an error made between you and the tuner on the original tune. Track results are the only true gauge. Trans tunning in auto's may make the car feel different around town, but there is no miracle tune. I tried the top tier guys, all excellent, all very similar...

Is the data logging with the jpc tune similar to aed's...meaning do you have to have a 3rd gear pull to redline or something similar?

mechanicboy

Established Member
Shaun at AED was great to work with this weekend. I was lucky enough to take my truck to him to get tuned. Results in my sig. Keep in mind the little blower on the truck version of the 5.0.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Yeah no you're totally right, not like JPC has ever had any fast coyotes, let alone the fastest out there, NA or FI.... Just sayin... Lol :beer:

You trying to stir the pot or something? I speak from my own experience. Yeah they have fast cars.... :beer:. A few of you are naive though. "But but but vrrrrmm vrrrrmm go fast". Anything that goes against the grain is a crock of shit lol or you just refuse to accept it. W/e lol...."oh no he didn't". I didn't mean to offend everyone which appears to be the case :rollseyes. No need to make another reply loaded with sarcasm.

Plus I left all the "good" stuff out so I wouldn't really put anyone on blast. Yet some here seem to bash vendors using threads they have read as a basis....right.

Anyways OP, I'm glad you will be getting Lund tuned. I haven't seen anything but good from them concerning the tune itself :beer:.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Shaun at AED was great to work with this weekend. I was lucky enough to take my truck to him to get tuned. Results in my sig. Keep in mind the little blower on the truck version of the 5.0.

:rockon:

Ratchet

Established Member
You trying to stir the pot or something? I speak from my own experience. Yeah they have fast cars.... :beer:. A few of you are naive though. "But but but vrrrrmm vrrrrmm go fast". Anything that goes against the grain is a crock of shit lol or you just refuse to accept it. W/e lol...."oh no he didn't". I didn't mean to offend everyone which appears to be the case :rollseyes. No need to make another reply loaded with sarcasm.
Make an ignorant reply sayin my opinion based off my own experience is wrong, what really did you expect?!? Lol I had nothing to say about the other tuners/vendors as i have had no experience with them. JPC on the other had, I have had ample. I was basing MY opinion on MY experience. I don't know and don't really care what issues you may have had for whatever reason. I know that there is not one shop out there that will be able to appease everyone all the time, but based on my experience in dealing with them for the last year. They are top notch. JPC tunes drivabily: awesome. Datalogging? Yes. Dialing their shit in to make sure the customer is happy? Yes. Run same or better MPH as a couple local AED cars with less than half the mods? Yup. Take that however you want. :beer:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Make an ignorant reply sayin my opinion based off my own experience is wrong, what really did you expect?!? Lol I had nothing to say about the other tuners/vendors as i have had no experience with them. JPC on the other had, I have had ample. I was basing MY opinion on MY experience. I don't know and don't really care what issues you may have had for whatever reason. I know that there is not one shop out there that will be able to appease everyone all the time, but based on my experience in dealing with them for the last year. They are top notch. JPC tunes drivabily: awesome. Datalogging? Yes. Dialing their shit in to make sure the customer is happy? Yes. Run same or better MPH as a couple local AED cars with less than half the mods? Yup. Take that however you want. :beer:

Exactly my point :D

scotmach

Established Member
Your running a VMP tune, last i checked they popped a couple motors pretty recently. This is the first ive seen in a long time with an issue from BBR. And thats if it was even BBRs fault. Driving error/Previous engine history.

We have a handful of Blow by cars in south Florida that are running really strong.
VMP may have had some F/I cars blow but not N/A cars. I put BBR on the same level as Bama, way way down on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread