Lund Racing 2011 Mustang Twin Turbo Alpha Car

2011redcandy

Established Member
Pricing hasn't been finalized, but shooting for availability by the end of this year.

OP, I was talking with Jake about your car this weekend. You will be very happy.

Ken announced this morning he has about finalized pricing and the first 20 customers get Ken or Jon IN PERSON to tune their car, yes they will fly to you. Details are on S197

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Aftermarket catback = less backpressure = more horsepower....no clue why it would hurt.

Jon's car picked up over 100whp @ 14psi by switching from the stock catback to aftermarket.

It will be a lethal o/r midpipe. And yes, they are doing QTP electric cutouts :rockon:

The stainless works system is known to be restrictive. Having cutouts I wouldn't worry about it.

twistedneck

Established Member
Yea stock motor...could change though....I am weighing options now since car is torn apart anyway

I'm sure if they limit boost you are fine its just when you start going too far things can get ugly. If you have the $ i would at least get a set of 9.5 pistons, h-beam rods and a billet gear oil pump. that way you can blast 20+lbs of boost if you ever really wanted to.

implosive

Established Member
At 6psi with this turbo kit there really won't be much of anything that will be able to keep up with it on the street anyway. for the majority of people bolting on this kit and running low boost is all you'll need.

2011redcandy

Established Member
I'm sure if they limit boost you are fine its just when you start going too far things can get ugly. If you have the $ i would at least get a set of 9.5 pistons, h-beam rods and a billet gear oil pump. that way you can blast 20+lbs of boost if you ever really wanted to.

Yea....was thinking maybe a boss shortblock as insurance to beef it up economically while the car is already broken down pretty good. Where is the cheapest place to get them?

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I would at least put billet gears in your oil pump on the stock engine to be safe. The stock pump went out when they were testing the limits of the stock engine so its an obvious weak point.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Subbed for updates. Congrats on the already nice ride that's about to be that much sweeter.

2011redcandy

Established Member
I would at least put billet gears in your oil pump on the stock engine to be safe. The stock pump went out when they were testing the limits of the stock engine so its an obvious weak point.

Yea this is what I am thinking. I think the MT-82 will give before the bottom end....so I may want to save money for that if need be.

2011redcandy

Established Member
FYI this was released this AM.

This new turbo system is going to be released by an all new company owned by Jon Lund, Jake Long and Ken Bjonnes. We don't even have a name yet, but demand is so large for this system we are going to start taking deposits to lock in spots!

The Turbo System will include:

•Turbo Manifolds
•2 60mm Turbos
•2 TiAL MVS wastegates
•1 TiAL 50mm BOV
•3" Stainless Downpipes that hook to factory exhaust
•1000 HP+ Air to water intercooler system
•High flow 47 lb fuel injectors
•Electronic fuel booster
•All aluminum charge piping
•SCT X3 Tuner
•All piping, hoses and needed fittings to completely install kit
•Detailed print and video install instructions
•Free Remote Dyno tuning from Lund Racing
•(First 20 kits sold within the 48 US states will get a free in person tune where we fly in)
That's correct, you read that right. ALL kits come with free remote tuning from Lund Racing! But even better, the first 20 systems sold will include Lund Racing flying to YOUR location (in the 48 states) to dyno tune your vehicle FREE. It is very important to us that the customer is happy with the final product. And that doesn't only mean a kit that looks great and fits great, it means a kit that RUNS great! Because you are buying performance we want to deliver PERFORMANCE, not a pile of parts.

The system will retail for $8,500 and will be available by the end of the year. We are now accepting deposits of $1,000 to lock in your spot.
($1,000 is non refundable through the end of 2012. If the system is not available by the end of 2012, you can request a refund. At ANY time, you can sell your spot in line to someone else)

If you are interested in locking in your spot, please reply to this email with your full name and phone number. You must reply by May 1st if you are interested. After May 1st, your $1,000 is due and will be collected in order of when you signed up for this email list. We are not limiting pre orders at this time, but remember that the first 20 get a free in person dyno tune.

Last edited:

Frankiebonez

Established Member
I had a an idea the other day and I know its not the best but it would keep OEM reliability and let you run some boost on the street.

Get a Boss Shortblock since its forged and will handle some more power, but have custom copper or some sort of thicker head gasket and maybe some ARP bolts/studs, this would drop the compression a tiny bit to like 10-10.5:1. Would be a little bit more boost friendly, VERY economical, and still retain OEM quality and probably be VERY safe to like 800WHP!

Just a thought! 800WHP on the street is like stupid power for the street, at least to me it is. Hooking 700 is a joke let alone 800.

2011redcandy

Established Member
I had a an idea the other day and I know its not the best but it would keep OEM reliability and let you run some boost on the street.

Get a Boss Shortblock since its forged and will handle some more power, but have custom copper or some sort of thicker head gasket and maybe some ARP bolts/studs, this would drop the compression a tiny bit to like 10-10.5:1. Would be a little bit more boost friendly, VERY economical, and still retain OEM quality and probably be VERY safe to like 800WHP!

Just a thought! 800WHP on the street is like stupid power for the street, at least to me it is. Hooking 700 is a joke let alone 800.

This is an interesting idea. But After some thought and talking to Ken...the point is to show what the kit can do on a stock block MT-82. Therefore...I will just be upgrading to Billet oil pump gears since these are the weak spot of the motor.

Frankiebonez

Established Member
This is an interesting idea. But After some thought and talking to Ken...the point is to show what the kit can do on a stock block MT-82. Therefore...I will just be upgrading to Billet oil pump gears since these are the weak spot of the motor.

Thats what I plan on doing, billet oil pump gears.

I love this kit wish they would show the manifolds.... I'm talking with a local shop about doing a custom kit with twin equal length manifolds as well.

Then AGAIN, I'm also toying with not even doing a turbo setup since the stock block is only capable of so much power, I can make 750 on a blower and E85 which is more than the stock motor can handle anyway and have no turbo lag or deal with a different converter for the street.

So many ways you can go, best part of building a mustang! :)

Users who are viewing this thread