Lund Racing 2011 Mustang Twin Turbo Alpha Car

2011redcandy

Established Member
Thats what I plan on doing, billet oil pump gears.

I love this kit wish they would show the manifolds.... I'm talking with a local shop about doing a custom kit with twin equal length manifolds as well.

Then AGAIN, I'm also toying with not even doing a turbo setup since the stock block is only capable of so much power, I can make 750 on a blower and E85 which is more than the stock motor can handle anyway and have no turbo lag or deal with a different converter for the street.

So many ways you can go, best part of building a mustang! :)

If you had a product proven to work, where everyone else is having trouble figuring it out, you wouldnt show your cards either :beer:

Bud

Established Member
Thats what I plan on doing, billet oil pump gears.

I love this kit wish they would show the manifolds.... I'm talking with a local shop about doing a custom kit with twin equal length manifolds as well.

Then AGAIN, I'm also toying with not even doing a turbo setup since the stock block is only capable of so much power, I can make 750 on a blower and E85 which is more than the stock motor can handle anyway and have no turbo lag or deal with a different converter for the street.

So many ways you can go, best part of building a mustang! :)

Turbo doesn't have the parasitic loss of a blower so the internals should see less stress with a Turbo right? Since it makes power more efficiently as long as drive pressure doesn't get out of control shouldn't the stock block be able to get more to the rear wheels safely as opposed to a blower?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
This is an interesting idea. But After some thought and talking to Ken...the point is to show what the kit can do on a stock block MT-82. Therefore...I will just be upgrading to Billet oil pump gears since these are the weak spot of the motor.
As much as it'd be sweet to see built motor numbers, I won't lie I'm excited to see stock motor numbers with a manual trans. I just wish it was easier to swap out to the billet oil pump gears and didn't have to take all of the timing chain getup off...

Last edited:

Frankiebonez

Established Member
If you had a product proven to work, where everyone else is having trouble figuring it out, you wouldnt show your cards either :beer:

Understandably so, but its just a manifold that anyone that has fabrication abilities can do. Its not really rocket science this kit, its just done the right way with good parts and guy who knows how to tune.

From a marketing standpoint I wouldnt show my cards either, but being a guy whom is VERY interested in a kit like this I would love to see the manifolds.

After I get my 2013 this summer I plan on turboing or putting a blower on it this winter. I might have to get in on the 1000$ pre purchase plan!

Frankiebonez

Established Member
Turbo doesn't have the parasitic loss of a blower so the internals should see less stress with a Turbo right? Since it makes power more efficiently as long as drive pressure doesn't get out of control shouldn't the stock block be able to get more to the rear wheels safely as opposed to a blower?

Very true as well, another reason I want a turbo over a blower. It does stress the motor less in theory, I also HATE abusing the snout of a crank with a blower. I always felt turbos were such a better option. If they are spec'd properly they have minimal lag and help with traction anyway.

So many friggin options makes me wanna punch a baby! LOL :rolling:

bull3441

Established Member
good luck, and you should at least put a wideband in. the Ford Racing Aluminator block is an option or L&M. i'm partial to L&M.

Last edited:

2011redcandy

Established Member
Oil pump gears are in and rear is done. Manifolds and down pipes are about done fabrication.

I have dual aeroforce widebands

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Very true as well, another reason I want a turbo over a blower. It does stress the motor less in theory, I also HATE abusing the snout of a crank with a blower. I always felt turbos were such a better option. If they are spec'd properly they have minimal lag and help with traction anyway.

So many friggin options makes me wanna punch a baby! LOL :rolling:

Prochargers yes, vortech no, the vortech uses the stock tensioner with no extra load

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Mind if I ask where you put the wideband sensors?

Does your EMS use both or is the second primarily for datalogging? Does it run in open or closed loop at WOT?

Thanks!

Last edited:

2011redcandy

Established Member
Mind if I ask where you put the wideband sensors?

Does your EMS use both or is the second primarily for datalogging? Does it run in open or closed loop at WOT?

Thanks!

Aeroforces are wideband gauges, not sensors, sorry for the confusion. The 2011 sensors from the factory are wideband , these gauges can read A/F, IATs etc right from the OBDII Port.

How are they rerouting the fuse box location?

Not 100% sure of this. Go to twinturbo50.com for more info.

Any pics of the manifolds coming off of the heads? Are they log style?

They are custom log design.

12 of the first 20 pre-order spots have already been filled, remember the first 20 come with free in person tuning (they travel to you)

Last edited:

2011redcandy

Established Member
Here are some more pics. Jake fabricating the down pipes. Manifolds are done.

2012-05-07_15-28-10_963.jpg

2012-05-07_15-28-21_362.jpg

2012-05-07_15-50-35_941.jpg

2012-05-07_15-49-13_553.jpg

2012-05-07_15-49-58_42.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread