LSX mustang start up

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
It was a pretty simple swap to get to this point. I found a leak in my radiator so I cant let it run for to long. I should have that fixed today. Im also waiting on my florida50 cluster to show up so I can see oil pressure and water temp. Im running 1 7/8 longtubes with 3" dumps(2 chamber flows)
2012-04-30_13-59-57_773.jpg

Tunink

Established Member
Nice. What radiator did you go with? I'm using the stock LS1 F body radiator and fans, keeps it right at 165-170* no matter what I'm doing.

Tunink

Established Member
Forget the spray! Do some rod bolts and turbo that thing. Go read Hot Rod Magazine's "Big Bang Theory" article about there "5.3 w/ turbo".

jleews6

Established Member
Why would you want to put a motor in that is light,strong,cheap,makes good power,plentiful and easy to work on?:lol1:
Your car sounds good,looking forward to the numbers.

I have a nice roller set aside and someday it will get a 5.3 with a turbo. Have you seen what some people have run with a junkyard LS with boost?

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Makes me want to rethink the pushrod 5.0 i have sitting in my garage awating a build this fall lol. Except those engines are hard to find anywhere near here.

Last edited:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I would give my left nut to have a clean coupe with an LSx motor in it. F the haters.

1bad03snake