LSX mustang start up

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Ok hmmm...sooo who makes engine mounts and what about transmounts? Computer and guage hook ups? Are there swap kits out there? Are there certains to look for that are better than others? How about power steering issues?

Sent using Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

blackbolt2003

Established Member
Gayyyyeeee!
I don't care if someone is trying to be different or was given the motor for free....Chevy power plants do not belong in Fords and vice versa.

greg86

Established Member
Ok hmmm...sooo who makes engine mounts and what about transmounts? Computer and guage hook ups? Are there swap kits out there? Are there certains to look for that are better than others? How about power steering issues?

AJE makes the mounts. Hop over on ls1tech and look under the hybrid/conversion section. I have working air conditioning and power steering in my 93.

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Gayyyyeeee!
I don't care if someone is trying to be different or was given the motor for free....Chevy power plants do not belong in Fords and vice versa.

How old are you?

Trying to decide if you are just young and uneducated or older and just plain dumb.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Honestly I used to be one of those guys...if it says ford on the grille then a ford powerplant should be behind. But i also used to pay 99 cents for a gallon of gas..things change...cheap power is cheap power. In the end if you dont like it...dont do the swap.

greg86

Established Member
Gayyyyeeee!

Totally! I mean who in the hell wants fast, reliable, and cheap all at the same time? I thought you were only allowed to pick 2? :lol1:

blackbolt2003

Established Member
It's only my opinion. It kind of ruins the entire build for me when someone puts a Chevy engine in a Ford. I know it's very popular with Ford T-Buckets as well. They spend countless hours restoring an old car and then go the cheap/easy route with a Chevy powerplant.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member

I have an AJE k member, stock V8 cross member with a T5 mount. The factory radiator hold downs work too The motor sets in place pretty easy. I did it by myself in the driveway. A turbo 350 is a lot heavier than a t5 it was a PITA installing it by myself. I was using the camaro cluster in the mustang dash housing but decided to go with a the florida50 setup. I dont have an electronic trans so no speedo with the camaro cluster. Autometer makes an adapter so now my speedo will work just fine.

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
It's only my opinion. It kind of ruins the entire build for me when someone puts a Chevy engine in a Ford. I know it's very popular with Ford T-Buckets as well. They spend countless hours restoring an old car and then go the cheap/easy route with a Chevy powerplant.
Yes thank you!Not a fan of this growing trend.Surely there is a GM body worthy of that power plant.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I like the swap.. Your getting the best of both worlds really. A light ass car, with a light, compact and very capable engine!

I honestly dont think a Cobra motor would even fit between the towers in either an F-body or a Vette. The mod motors are quite a bit wider and more than likely, a good amount heavier than an aluminum LS. I believe a bare LS1 block weights in at a hair over 100lbs.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats on the swap, nice job.

LSX in a Ford???

It's like kissing your sister.

E

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
I love the idea.. You can blow one a week, and replace cheap. I just bought an lsx motor for 400$ complete. Finish then sell to me! That's a car I would drive the shit out of, and make sick power with

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Nice swap but you guys are acting like ford pushrod motors arent lying around everywhere and they are cheaper than these LS motors. Example a build my
Friend did. 351 Windsor block, out of box victor jrs, stock stroke eagle crank, h beam rods, forged pistons. Regular tremec tko with a direct port fogger. Car made 788 rwhp and went a 9.66 lifting at 1000' cause hood almost blew up. Don't get me wrong i like your car but hell you knew the response it would get when u posted it. lol.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Totally! I mean who in the hell wants fast, reliable, and cheap all at the same time? I thought you were only allowed to pick 2? :lol1:

If it requires an LSx...then I don't.

Stinger2011

Established Member
Nice build. I like it.

Hard as hell to find that generation mustang around here that's cheap with a title, but I have a 99 V6 I hope to put my LT1 in by late next year.

Users who are viewing this thread