LSX mustang start up

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
Congrats on the swap, nice job.

LSX in a Ford???

It's like kissing your sister.

E

I guess your kinda right since a ford engineer designed the ls platform. Ls motors bolt into 96 and up cars with very few mods. You can modify the motor mounts to work, swap flanges on 351 headers and you have the exhaust lined out. I loved the power my cobra's and gt500 made but these motors are very easy to modify.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
what alternator setup are you running? I've been trying to find a cheap 4.8 or 5.3 to put in my fox but all the junkyards around here want to sell it stripped. don't want to get nickel and dimed for the small things.

1bad03snake

powered by cold beer
Established Member
Im using the 04 truck alt and a camaro bracket (25.00) i had to drill and tap a hole in the block so it would bolt up. I paid 400 for my engine, then sold the wiring harness, ecu,and throttle body for 275.00.

Tunink

Established Member
Nice swap but you guys are acting like ford pushrod motors arent lying around everywhere and they are cheaper than these LS motors. Example a build my
Friend did. 351 Windsor block, out of box victor jrs, stock stroke eagle crank, h beam rods, forged pistons. Regular tremec tko with a direct port fogger. Car made 788 rwhp and went a 9.66 lifting at 1000' cause hood almost blew up. Don't get me wrong i like your car but hell you knew the response it would get when u posted it. lol.

Can you do that with a stock headed Ford Pushrod motor on a stock block reliably?

No, you had to go to a after market head. To do the same thing with a 302 you have to go to an aftermarket block.

I plan on going mid 9s on motor, then hitting the button. You're just not going to do that with a stock headed Ford pushrod motor. Now that the coyote is around, maybe just maybe we will start seeing some really interesting stuff in some foxbodies.

smitty2919

Established Member
Awesome! My dream DD car would be a 99-04 mustang with a LS motor and Ford IRS (not the GTO IRS) with a 6pd. I guess a 99-01 Cobra with LS swap lol

Before I picked up my 04 GTO coming from a basically stock 03 Mach 1, I thought about getting a specific 95 cobra with H/C/I and full exhaust with 4.10's and a tune putting down 320/XXX (I forget tq numbers)

Then I found my 04 GTO M6 with L/T's catless mids and stock CB and I just dyno'd 320/340. Haven't even touch heads/cam. I would love to have HCI GTO with 380+ hp

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Maybe after my next mustang project ill build a mild 5.3 with a cam and turbo then throw it in a early 90s jeep wrangler converted to 2wd

Sent using Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Awesome! My dream DD car would be a 99-04 mustang with a LS motor and Ford IRS (not the GTO IRS) with a 6pd. I guess a 99-01 Cobra with LS swap lol

Before I picked up my 04 GTO coming from a basically stock 03 Mach 1, I thought about getting a specific 95 cobra with H/C/I and full exhaust with 4.10's and a tune putting down 320/XXX (I forget tq numbers)

Then I found my 04 GTO M6 with L/T's catless mids and stock CB and I just dyno'd 320/340. Haven't even touch heads/cam. I would love to have HCI GTO with 380+ hp

Bet that 95 would have drug your gto down the 1/4....just sayin

19935.slow

Established Member
For the chassis complainer, the 3rd gen is probably a better chassis for drag racing then the fox. Cool swap. Should run good.

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
Can you do that with a stock headed Ford Pushrod motor on a stock block reliably?

No, you had to go to a after market head. To do the same thing with a 302 you have to go to an aftermarket block.

I plan on going mid 9s on motor, then hitting the button. You're just not going to do that with a stock headed Ford pushrod motor. Now that the coyote is around, maybe just maybe we will start seeing some really interesting stuff in some foxbodies.

Maybe not stock heads but what does a set of out of the box victor jr's run? $1200 maybe. He gave $150 for the block $1000 for crank, rods, and pistons used. And other misc bs (head studs gaskets ect) he had less than 3500 in longblock that went mid 9's with a regular old school tko. Not to shabby or exspensive IMO.

Tunink

Established Member
Maybe not stock heads but what does a set of out of the box victor jr's run? $1200 maybe. He gave $150 for the block $1000 for crank, rods, and pistons used. And other misc bs (head studs gaskets ect) he had less than 3500 in longblock that went mid 9's with a regular old school tko. Not to shabby or exspensive IMO.

Stock L92/LS3 Heads, Stock 6.0L block. All in I have $5500 on the motor with all new stuff. Could I have saved more by going cheap and buying used, absolutely so the door goes both ways.

Should go high eights maybe better depending on if we can get the chassis to work.

jleews6

Established Member

Been there ,done that many years ago. He will break the stock block and take out half of his other parts with it. No matter how you look at it the ls motors are hard to beat for HP per dollar.

1bad03snake