LS2 GTO vs Terminator

lemons12

Established Member
You guys just keep changing your arguments around trying to make sense. Just let it go already.

no, we are just talking a variety of different things.. i think me and him both were enjoying it.. i was learning...

You put up a list of F-bodys that are fast but theyre godddamn gutted. Im sorry but 2800-3000lbs is a gutted race car. That only runs 10.60's. Which is fast but not for stripped out drag car thats geared all to hell. Hell put 4.56's in a stock 03/04 and knock 700-1000lbs out of it.

the guys that are serious about it do that.. i cant do anything about it..

You throw that up there saying "these are bolt-on only or cam only or whatever only" but leave out the fact they have rediculous gears and weigh nothing.

again... cant do anything about that.. and a 3k pound ls1 can look damn near factory depending on how much you care about what it will look like... i saw one the other day liter than me that looked stock..

Why do you think the owners of those cars went through the trouble and basically f'd up good cars instead of just adding more power?

ummmm because they are dealing with N/A motors... not something you can turn up the boost on.. would you like me to show you the times of the people that "just added more power".. they are far faster than what i have been posting up...
Thats what you cant seem or dont want to grasp. Yes those F-bodys have less power. Yes they run with or better than alot of modded Cobras. But they weigh goddamn 700-1000lbs less!!!!!!!!!!!

again, that doesnt mean anything to me.. i wouldnt be bitching if you posted up a cobra with weight reduction.. and im not bitching that a cobra can use a blower from the factory... the weight is there to be taken out.. why not use it to an advantage?
Come on dude. You cant be that brand loyal. The cobra is a badass machine and you know it. From one car guy to another and with all respect.
yes it is.... but most do not perform for what i consider impressive... usually far under that..

And yalls prices for mods are stupid. Youre either buying used or shitty parts. And you arent doing it "right". You can throw some crap on a car and make it fast but how long will it last?

did you miss the part where i said it was DIRT cheap to mod an ls1? some of my parts are brand new, some used... my entire setup has been done "right".. i have 15k HARD miles on my setup.. and quite a few track visits...
has been an awesome DD with ZERO problems for 1 1/2 years..
Ive had a couple buddies with LS1's and Cobras that blew their shit up because they saw some moron on the net that" had the same setup and hes running fine". Yeah right now he is. By that I mean junk parts. ie.. $400 N2O kits and shit.
just because your buddies are ****ing morons, doesnt mean i am... my shit is set up correctly.. i havnt one time called your car a POS or anything close to it... you can come look at my car and tell me how "shitty" my brand new heads are or how my converter locks up at 40mph cuts 1.5s N/A and flashes to 4400rpms or my exhaust that sounds like sex or my brand new pushrods and springs that are supporting a .650 lift cam..
If you actually put a used up $400 N2O kit on your car you should be shot.

Hell I got beat by my friends LS1 when I was at 440rwhp and he was on a 100-125 shot(so he said). I got pulled 2-3 cars on the highway. 2 weeks later he blew his engine. He was pumping Nitrous threw the MAF with no tune. Because he saw some guys on the net doing it.

again.. just because your friends with ls1s are dip shits... doesnt mean i am.. i have beat MANY cars and my car hasnt blown up for 15k miles..

KingKiller

Established Member
cobras with 540 rwhp go 130's :)

all depends

C5/C6s with 540rwhp go 135+:coolman:

all depends

As I said earlier. Fullbolt-ON/tune GTO and a stock Cobra would make for a good run. Drivers race infact. A pullied cobra would absolutely walk away from a GTO.

Good run, but with full boltons the GTO most likely take the stock Cobra, assuming full weight, depending on where you draw the line as far as the boltons go.

No man the Cobra will kill it dude you should be door to door with a C5 ZO I mean I don't know if you guys are driving your cars hard when you race or not but buddies of mine shift with the rath of god man seriously it's a T56 tranny you can beat on it guys you should destroy this GTSLOW

Door to door with a C5Z with a stock 03 cobra???? Yo, share the drugs with the rest of us :) maybe a stock C5 with 3.23 gears ;)

a guy in my neighborhood has a 06 gto w a cam, lt, intake and tune When I was stock I would run even or pull a little with my upper only and tune I would put 4 cars on him at anytime when he thought he had a chance, He want to run my ported upper/lower set up but I think it will be a waste of time.

must have been a factory cam LOL j/k but seriously any decent aftermarket cam should have given him enough to move out on you. maybe he needs a driver mod? lol wouldn't be the first gto owner to need one of those

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
just throwing this out there but i good friend of mine had a 2000 SS that he just sold. the car went real well. went 11.30 @ 120. it was originaly a 6 speed car with all the options. when he was done with it the car had no a/c, no abs, no front or rear bumper supports, no back seat, cloth interior, a th400 automatic, 4400 ptc stall, custom ground cam, 125 wet shot, 28" m&h radials, all your bolt ons lid, bellows, ported t/b headers and a cut out with an ls6 intake. the point of this story is that he went 3 tenths of a second faster than me at the track last year in my bolt on pullied cobra which was full weight on 17's with a mt et street radial. he sold the car because he took all the fun out of it. in my opinion for a street car with minor weight reduction is fine but theres a line between a fun street car and basicly a race car you drive on the street.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
this GTO is NA with stock bottom end.

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Bruces-57-Liter-2004-GTO_203760.htm]Bruce's 5.7 Liter 2004 Quick Silver GTO Runs 10.59- Video[/ame]

yup, inferior drag cars for sure. :D

lemons12

Established Member
just throwing this out there but i good friend of mine had a 2000 SS that he just sold. the car went real well. went 11.30 @ 120. it was originaly a 6 speed car with all the options. when he was done with it the car had no a/c, no abs, no front or rear bumper supports, no back seat, cloth interior, a th400 automatic, 4400 ptc stall, custom ground cam, 125 wet shot, 28" m&h radials, all your bolt ons lid, bellows, ported t/b headers and a cut out with an ls6 intake. the point of this story is that he went 3 tenths of a second faster than me at the track last year in my bolt on pullied cobra which was full weight on 17's with a mt et street radial. he sold the car because he took all the fun out of it. in my opinion for a street car with minor weight reduction is fine but theres a line between a fun street car and basicly a race car you drive on the street.

granted.. but it all depends on what you like.. i happen to love my "gutted drag car... wouldnt trade/sell it for a cobra any day..

yea, but that thing has a cam and is an auto... doesnt count.. :poke:

KingKiller

Established Member
cobras with 540 rwhp go 130's :)

all depends

C5/C6s with 540rwhp go 135+:coolman:

all depends

As I said earlier. Fullbolt-ON/tune GTO and a stock Cobra would make for a good run. Drivers race infact. A pullied cobra would absolutely walk away from a GTO.

Good run, but with full boltons the GTO most likely take the stock Cobra, assuming full weight, depending on where you draw the line as far as the boltons go.

No man the Cobra will kill it dude you should be door to door with a C5 ZO I mean I don't know if you guys are driving your cars hard when you race or not but buddies of mine shift with the rath of god man seriously it's a T56 tranny you can beat on it guys you should destroy this GTSLOW

Door to door with a C5Z with a stock 03 cobra???? Yo, share the drugs with the rest of us :) maybe a stock C5 with 3.23 gears ;)

a guy in my neighborhood has a 06 gto w a cam, lt, intake and tune When I was stock I would run even or pull a little with my upper only and tune I would put 4 cars on him at anytime when he thought he had a chance, He want to run my ported upper/lower set up but I think it will be a waste of time.

must have been a factory cam LOL j/k but seriously any decent aftermarket cam should have given him enough to move out on you. maybe he needs a driver mod? lol wouldn't be the first gto owner to need one of those

KingKiller

Established Member
Where? You trap 138 with 650rwhp. I trap 137 with 654 (auto, not manual). I can see mid to high 120s but not 130s unless a stripped track slut.

I've raced a 540rwhp Cobra and he trapped mid 120s.

yea, you're gonna have to be lean to run 130's with 540rwhp

Then that Cobra owner couldn't drive. No offense.

Pullied only Cobras making 450-460 RWHP Trap 120+ with great drivers. Now add another 100 RWHP. Do the math.

let me get my calculator

Yea these are just average times. A upper only cobra and a cammed GTO should be a drivers race with the advantage going to the cobra

i dunno i've got some vids of a cammed LS1 GTO taking down an pullied cobra pretty handily.

most all my runs are setup... i RARELY get to kick it with people for fun.. if i do, its usually a slaughter cause its not even a car worth running..

i like digs...

yea it's pretty much the same here. we have a small group of people who mainly race eachother. occasionally someone will get wind of someone else with a formidable car and we'll set it up.

It's only a race from a dig?? That's kinda silly. Well, it's very silly not kinda silly. You can measure your power vs. anotehr cars from a roll easier than you can from a dig. It eliminates the chance for excuses from a roll.

can't measure power, at least not horsepower, accurately on the street period. weight and gear make a huge difference

KingKiller

Established Member
Racing from a roll is more than 3 honks and BOOM!!! It does come down to the driver.

450 RWHP Cobras kept up with 500+ RWHP Cobra's.

Same goes for GTO's, and other cars. Depends on the powerband, the tq curve, and the driver.

Sure, there is more Skill in racing from a dead stop, but not everyone has their races setup. You run what you brung. Isn't that the term these days?

Run what you brung doesn't really relate specifically to rolls or digs though...

exactly.. like said and proved thousands of times before.. when drag racing all that matters it trap speed... and since the gto is modded and the cobra isnt in this race, all that matters even more is stock traps.... :lol1:

you guys are funny with you trap speed and roll racing..

ETs win races... mph take up some slots and are for shits and giggles..

I'm confused. did you say all that matters in drag racing is trap speed or et?

LOL

I guess you are calculation a very very average and general trap speed.

I was a mediocre driver when I trapped 112 stock. Just saying.

I agree, drivers race. It will come down to who can drive better.

Stock ls2 gto vs stock termi is going to go to the termi the majority of the time, at least from a roll when the driver mod isn't as important. from a dig it should still go to the termi but driver skill playing a bigger part...

I agree with this, even stock a LS2 GTO is a fun car to drive,(ofcourse the great seats, steeringwheel and shifter location help the fun meter) but stock for stock the Cobra is faster.

I met this guy who had a 05 M6 that wanted to ride in a Terminator so we went for a ride in each others cars. His car was cammed with stock heads, but a beefed up valvetrain, full exhaust from the headers back, a K&N, and had it tuned, and I believe it was making over 420 whp, and that thing would move out. I was very impressed with it. At the time my car had a K&N, CB, and pulley with a stock tune. He said he though my car was faster, but I thought they seemed like they played in about the same league. We did not race.

How do you figure this? Do you feel that a Terminator is just incapable of getting a good launch or something? Yes its a big car and harder to launch than most other Muscle cars I've driven, but a GTO is a bigger car that can't support wider rubber than what the Cobra left the factory with. Plenty of Cobra owners have run fast et's and low 60's with stockish suspensions. I think you have a false opinion of what a Terminator can or cannot do. I do agree that its stock setup is more suited for going from a roll than launching hard though, but I bet its the same way with a GTO.

they both launch for shit with the IRS. the auto ls2 gto's run decent consistent times though.

Yo hate to hurt your GM feelings I know your car market is really reall in the whole buddy but your LS2SLOW GTO is not running in the low 11's sorry and a Pullied cobra with a ported blower will destroy your HEads Cams and Exhuast and whatever else you guys do ya it will beat the dog shit out of it man sorry WE THINK SMARTER NOT HARDER

Giving new meaning to "Rookie SVT Poster"

I don't what is wrong with you people saying that cobras don't launch that just really really makes me made when I hear this I just wanna go **** up about 20 WSLOW6's and about 20 SupperSlow Slowmaros from a dig. My ****in brothers Cobra will ass hole rail the **** out of a evo a WRX and any slow ass GM you put against it. Cobras don't launch shut the **** up with that shit.

See above

What are pullied ported cobras making? Around 500 or a little more? There are stock lower end head cam LS2's making that. Just a little FYI, there won't be any dog shit beating there man... What you call smarter I like to call lazy by just slapping a blower on a car, GM built an awesome NA motor with lots of room for more power. As stated above there are plenty of H/C LS cars that are at the level of a ported pullied cobra. ;-)

GM LS motors can be just as fast if not faster then termi cobra's. So saying you will go out and beat up on some, I am going to LMAO if you catch one that is on the jugs or done right and it makes you look silly.

Tyler

Eh, yes and no. Can you build a 364 that will make over 500rwhp? yes. Is it common? No. It's actually very rare and requires certain combinations of parts and little things most people don't waste their money on. What seems to do it for the LS guys is the power under the curve with the extra cubic inches. That makes a big difference.

KingKiller

Established Member
Um hate to piss you off man but a stock cobra motor will make more power than your stock LS that means you can't change the heads or put your big cams an no NX, stock Cobra heads will see more than LS heads the rods in a Cobra will see more than a LS1 rods or piston they are forged home boy hate to hurt your feelings man but you can build a LS1 completely and all I have to do to my Cobra is either change the pulley for 80 bucks and tune it or spend 3 grand on a KB and destroy you I ahve seen it man

sure, but the money I save by buying a $7,000 Z28 could be spent on enough mods to destroy that KB cobra. Or I could just buy a nitrous kit and put the rest into the real estate market...

The thing that pisses me off still about all this is that these GM guys really think that a SS camaro runs 12's stock this is BS if this were the case then the 03 04 cobra runs 11 stock cause it kills an SS easily 2 or 3 car lengths. What you say about this

lol SS Camaros can't run 12's stock? That I say about this

You can put a GTO in 5th and top out and hold it for several miles...You can't do that in a Cobra or it'll seize on you.

Stock LS1 and LS2s will hold 650rwhp.

Stock Cobra at 8-9psi equal 370-380rwhp and Stock LS2 GTO at 8-9psi equal 515rwhp, So the LS6 heads will see more power than Cobra heads and they flow better.

3 grand on a KB + supporting mods still can't hold a candle to a C6Z with Longtubes/tune.

Well I don't know too many places where I can top out 5th in a GTO for several miles. If you know of one let me know haha. Good points though. Stock LS2's wil actually hold over 700whp with meth injection.

Tough to compare LS6 heads to Cobra heads. I think the Cobra heads DO actually flow better, I'd have to check the flow specs to be certain though...

The only reason and Ls1 or Ls2 would make more power is because of cubes, not because of head flow...and LS Head doesn't hold a candle to a stock 4v head.

All depends on the LS head, there are a LOT of different factory castings...

KingKiller

Established Member
ya your comparing a ****in 505 HP vette to that weighs 3200 lbs to a 590ish 600HP 3800lb cobra man weight is gonna decide that race cause chevy plays the ricer game power to weight so once again not apples to apples man that's like saying your C6Zo6 woun't touch a slighty modded Ford GT man there both super cars so money doesn't matter man or a ****in Saleen S7 I mean come on man

LOL @ "chevy plays the ricer game power to weight" LOL almost fell off my seat

tell that boy to learn how to drive. my upper pulley only cobra at full weight still with an irs has seen 124 traps.

impressive trap. i'd wager that you were on street tires and not drag radials, getting some wheel spin...

im going by what they are rated at. in that case stock cobras make 420-430

ls1's were factory rated at 350 erhmm 01+ corvette erhmm

Here we go again, the thing has a supercharger and it's invincible, every SVT driver in the kill section is Superman and everybody else sucks at driving, Cobra owner or not, and all upper pullied terminators are trapping 123-125 mph, shit gets old really quick, don't know how some fackers doesn't get tired of it :)

And since we're playing the e-penis bigger than mine BS, GM already slapped superchargers in the Cadi and Vette ZR1, so if GM doesn't go bankcruptcy, the aftermaket should catch up fairly quick, as well as the tuning side, so there you go Ford pussies, bigger engine with the abililty to hold boost from the factory, less weight, except on the cadillac, but it's 4 door vehicle, and you can have it in both flavors, manual or auto :), as for the vette, well, that one is been kicking Ford ass for a long, long time, and NA to top you fackers off.....

lol funny post i like it

KingKiller

Established Member
Since when do GTO's shine at the drag strip? Maybe if it is an auto, but that's only cause the Cobra didn't come with an auto. Put an auto in the Cobra and it's all over for the GTO again.

By the way in performance per dollar (which is a dumbass arguement) the Fox body still woops the F Bod

hmm, doesn't that include the price of the car? fbod costs more but it's gonna cost that much for the mustang to catch up to it...

How many GTO's have you ever seen at the track run well? I personally have never seen one faster than mid-11's and that was with a built motor, turbo and a built auto. There was a crew of Goats there, (3 total) representing the range of mods from mild to wild, and none of them were fast.

Please don't think that I am dogging the LS motors. They are great engines capable of wonderful power. But so is the Cobra motor. But let's be fair, the LS has a 61 cubic inch advantage over the Ford. So Ford put a blower on it to make the difference and it worked wonderfully. If you guys wanted a MORE fair comparison, you would need to compare the LS series to the closest NA motor (C.I. wise) that Ford has which would be the 5.4 in the Cobra R. But Ford wins, and you wouldn't admit it. The fact is a Cobra and GTO cost about the same and the Cobra comes with a blower and a very stout engine. Advantage Cobra from the git-go. Obviously whom ever has a bigger wallet will inevitably be the victor. I could buy a GTO and put 100K in it to beat anything, but if I had 100K, why would I buy a GTO?

Most people who are atypical "my car dick is bigger than yours" type of guys can NOT admit defeat. They will always come up with an excuse why they got beat. My car this, the track that...it's all bull sh*t. I'll tell you what though, you find the fastest (street driven) GTO you can find anywhere...find out the total $$$ invested and I will find a Cobra with equal $$$ invested, and see who comes out on top. I'd put money on the Cobra every time. Now of course one race wouldn't settle it because the losing driver of course would make excuses, so I say let them race best of 7...to be fair.

In the long run the GTO was the original muscle car back in the day. I will give it that, but the new GTO is nothing more than LS2 in a grand prix. It's a grocery getter now. That's only my opinion, just like I know there are plenty of Cobra haters out there.

isn't it funny how they ride around in small little crews?

How the heck do you figure a GTO is going to ET better than a Cobra in that scenerio? And I have seen my fair share of cheap fox bodies wooping the piss out of LS1's. Fact is it is much cheaper to build a fast fox

depends on how fast you want to go...

i have seen plenty with H/C bolt ons running high 7s.. that would put them at a high 11.... MUCH farther away than a built turbo motor.. there was also one at the track last night... didnt get to see him run though.. id guess itd be somewhere around mid high 4s... :lol: (no im not joking... the parachute etc. kinda gave it away...):rockon:

no doubt ford was VERY smart in going FI.. im not one of the ls boys that thinks that was "cheating"... cause honestly to me, it has never been an issue.. i have not been threatened by any cobra, and honestly doubt i will ever be..
isnt the cobra R a gutless drag car basically? excuse my ignorance if not.. not too knowledgeable on them. i think there was a TON of weight taken out of them..

stock for stock, the cobra definitely has an advantage.. but from my experience.... 2k$ later... the advantage goes to the GTO (ls1 etc)..

i can admit defeat.. i just wont settle for it..

that comparison would be endless... reason is what you consider "streetable" or "street driven" me, you, and the owners might totally disagree on... thats an impossible comparison to make..
i DD an ms4 cam with 4k stall 410s exhaust before axle with 1 chambers etc etc etc... most people on this board probably wouldnt stand for that.. i like it, along with PLENTY of people on tech.... but that means nothing..

again, where have i made it look like i hate the cobra... i agree with a lot of things being said.. im just bakcing the ls1 platform, as you guys are the cobra platform.. seems to me though, you guys are being naive about how many cobras out there have horrible times...

do this little test.. go to this sites "drag section" and techs "drag section".... see how many people are saying "why cant i get XXXX times" "should i be going much faster" "450rwhp and 12s" "bolt on ls1 threatening me in my pullied cobra"... there will be MUCH more here... i have been paying attention, and taken part in some of the discussion..

ms4 cam, 4k stall, 410s, that's a mean mean street combo for cheap money. obviously you're someone who knows that they're doing. that car with slicks is a stoplight champ haha

KingKiller

Established Member
Good posts KingKiller. I'd have to say you're pretty much on the money in your observations.

Thanks, I'd like to think I'm pretty unbiased. I've had both Cobras and Camaros and I've loved both. I don't consider myself a brand loyalist I just like speed. I also enjoy beating Cobras just as much as beating F-bodies haha

KingKiller

Established Member
Agreed, it also takes much less in a Z06 to beat A LOT of cars out there, (GTOs, fbodies, etc).

What? Neither car is a drag strip warrior, both cars have cases where they've done very well and also very poorly. There are plenty of ported & pullied Cobras that are running in the low 11s and 10s, if you look at the bare mods needed to port & pulley a Cobra; a GTO won't touch that performance for the money, at the drag strip, or anywhere else. You have to remember, a Cobra doesn't need headers, expensive ported heads, cam swaps, etc.

Here is a proven 500rwhp package from Stiegemeier.

If you look at the eaton fast list there are a lot of Cobras running low 11s and 10s with that kinda power. Not saying it's the norm, but the capability is there and has been proven many times.

FYI, GTOs had the same MSRP as 03-04 Cobras. The resale on GTOs is just a lot worse because they aren't as desirable. As for fbodies, a lot of us Cobra owners used to own fbodies. ;-) I could have made my fbody faster than my Cobra for a lot less money, but performance isn't the only thing you're paying for. My fbody was loud, had a big cam, gear, SRA, it burned oil, the t-tops leaked, etc. My Cobra has cats, is docile as **** with 500rwhp+, (rides like a bone stock car) has an IRS which makes daily driving a lot more pleasurable and yes it was very cheap to mod.

This goes for any car, I think the LS3 Corvette is the best bang for your buck car, not because I can build a 98 fbody for 1/3 as much or a Cobra for 1/2 as much but because it is a superior car that also performs awesome with little invested into it. It's the overall car, because in the end anything can be made fast. You can build an old 5.0 notchback for way under $15,000 and drag an LS1 up and down the dragstrip, does that make it a superior car?

I don't think you're factoring what a good suspension, SRA can do. Unlike in a GTO, a Mustang is a lot easier to modify for the dragstrip. You can do an aluminum block, front tubular suspension, auto transmission, solid rear-axle and a little weight reduction and have a sub 3300lb car without it even being gutted. (look up Almo's car, it weighed under 3200lbs and ran mid 10s with just a 6spd, pulley & bolt-ons). While you can make BIG power in a GTO, the capability to turn it into a lightweight drag car will cost you a lot of $$$ or require you to gut it down to nothing. There isn't nearly as much R&D in the GTO platform as there is in the Mustangs.

I've seen it both ways, the GTO is heavier, can't fit as much tire, has an IRS and a very soft suspension. I've seen h/c/i GTOs run 12.5s@113mph. It's not the powerplant that allows a car to "shine" at a dragstrip, it's the driver and/or how well the car is setup for drag. If you look at hp & torque curves there is not a single factor that a roots / twin screw Cobra lacks to shine at a drag strip.

forgot what i was going to say here

They can't have identical setups. The Ford is 61 cubes smaller and has 4 cams and 4 valves per cylinder. If you want to compare similar engine it would be the 351W vs the LS. Only 1 cube difference, both 2V pushrods, blah blah. There are so many combinations that either engine could wear; it's almost impossible to quote who is better. Could go either way.

I look at it this way, take the blower off the Terminator, it still makes approx.320 hp from 281 cubes (1.139 hp per C.I.). And the LS1 makes about the same approx. 320 hp from 350 cubes (.914 HP per C.I.). The efficiency of the Ford 4V wins easily. Stretch the math to equalize C.I. and the Ford makes 395.5 hp at 350 C.I.
Ford 4V > LS1

EDIT: the 5.4 4V on the Cobra R made 385 at 330 C.I. which would equal 408.3 hp at 350 cubes. More than enough to slap an LS1 in the face.

the LS1 is actually a 346 not a 350. I'm surprised there are still Cobra owners that think they're 350's. I figured by now everyone would know. No big deal I guess

the sad part is... you just proved my point.. your say ported pullied cobras are running what i run.... guess what im a NA H/C ls1... how impressive is that? not very..
not only did you say that there are some, you say that isnt the norm.. i will run what i ran last night all day long, and faster next trip to the track... and i promise i dont have as much money in my car as you think i do..

it is totally true... if i wanted a quit nice smooth good handling drive sound like a stock0-stockish car, i would have bought a cobra HANDS down.. they really are amazing all around cars, and ALL AROUND they do beat ls1s... but when talking ET (drag racing)... they are at a disadvantage most of the time.. i love my loud obnoxious (still very street friendly) huge stall low geared donkey dick cam'd exhaust before the axle car..

i have raced many fox's at the strip... ranging from "mild to wild"... VERY few beat me.. most are tubbed and gutted full out race cars that were tailored to the track with no license plate... i drive to the track and change tires.. race.. change tires, and drive back home and to work the next day..

and ive seen H/C goats run low 11s.. dont see a point there?
ive seen pullied cobras run low 11s-high 12s... doesnt mean much..

so your telling me a member of your own forum is riding my nuts... maybe he is just being a little more open minded and looking at BOTH sides... and actually TRYING to understand and comprehend what im saying, instead of just reading and retaliating ASAP..

never been in a cobra... :lol1:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?u=76285
ask him if i have been in a cobra.. he is a good buddy... also have been in a full exhaust intake tune ported pullied cobra.. i know what they feel like, and how well they run from a roll.........

i dont basically call the majority of them slow for there hp... i outright said it... and ill say it again... the MAJORITY of the time... they have 450rwhp cobras that are running mid 8s in the 1/8... that my friend, is a huge joke..

they built a HUGE rep for themselves.. ROLL RACING! not dig... how often do you hear someone go "dont race that cobra from a dig, its sick".. you usually dont.. you hear "dont **** with it from a roll"... and they are SICK cars from a roll.. with a FEW far and few in between sick from a dig.

like i have said.. a cobra is LEAPS AND BOUNDS a overall better car than a gto... but at the drag strip, i TOTALLY disagree... and to me, thats all that matters... especially since thats the topic on hand.. is the gto hands down better at the strip... no... but on average... yes..

you sound so ignorant i dont even know if i should respond.. but for all inquiring minds, i will....

when i talked about the GTO with a parachute, i was making a joke saying all gtos werent slow.. OF COURSE i dont think thats near a street car... omg...
did i personally see it run? no.. but my buddy said it let out at half track cause they couldnt keep it in between the lines and the nose down.. ran like a mid 5@ like 90 or something like that... im going to guess its a LITTLE faster than a 13... wouldnt you.. it was a ****ing pro-mod dude... again i say, some of you in this thread need some experience in drag racing... like ACTUALLY going to the strip and participating..

well, i could honestly care less if cobra owners dont pay attention to GTOs... beings i drive a trans am...
your probably right, it would be a waste for you to run me.. im sure id slaughter you..
when you get back.. but im sure ill never hear of you.. let me know.. we can meet up at the track.. put a few hundred on it... and you will be going back home X amount of money poorer..

2k in a gto...... full bolt ons and a NICE cam only setup... on the juice... *PLENTY* fast enough more mid 10s....

what could 2k get you in a cobra? high 10s... but not on the norm as stated in this thread..
so how much "better" are they at drag racing again?:shrug:

your proving my whole arguement in this thread in this one single post.......... ON AVERAGE a H/C ls1/gto whatever is going to beat a modified cobra at the track... ON AVERAGE.... thank you for agreeing with EVERYTHING i have been trying to get across to you guys..

again with the attitude of you thinking my car would be a waste of gas money for your car... you would be VERY sour with the outcome.. just because you have seen a few H/C ls1s that dont run as fast as your car, doesnt mean mine wont.. say GTOs are slow all you want.. but be careful bashing someones car that you dont even know.... and yes, i will say 100 X's, that i have FULL confidence that my car will drag yours and probably most peoples in this thread up and down the track..
i have time slips... do you guys?
if so, why dont we stop this bickering REAL fast and post some times up.. that could show a LOT...

did you miss how many times i have gave the cobra credit in this thread.. it is BY FAR a more OVER ALL and WELL ROUNDED car than the LS platform....
but when you start breaking it down... it just cant compete in the drag racing department ON AVERAGE!

8psi on a cobra and 8psi on an ls2 gto... the ls2gto will make more power.. and be VERY streetable, and VERY reliable.. its been done OVER AND OVER..

better ALL AROUND?

cobra...

better per dollar ALL AROUND?

cora...

is that what you want to hear, will it make you sleep better? cause its the honest truth...

now going back to the conversation on hand, INSTEAD of you changing it to make the cobra look more superior...

IN DRAG RACING is the cobra better than in 05-06 GTO considering mod for mod and dollar for dollar?

no.. the gto is better in almost all scenarios..

As much as I wish this thread was about Fbodies and Cobras, I can't completely agree about the GTO being a better drag car. There are definitely a lot of Cobra owners that can't get the car down the track. Same with the GTO, although you probably see more GTOs running decent times with the autos. GTOs with sticks SUCK. the stock IRS wheelhops BAD. seems to apply to both cars though...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i currently own both cars, and the cobra is faster every time in stock form. it would take at least longtubes/tune for a GTO to run with a stock cobra, all other things (driver) being equal.

my cobra dynoed 372rwhp bone stock down to the filter. my GTO dynoed 375rwhp with a catback, K&N intake, and a tune (344rwhp with a catback and stock tune)--that same day, a cobra with just a catback and an intake (NO TUNE), dynoed 407rwhp right after my car. even with 375rwhp, my GTO doesn't feel as strong as my cobra did stock--cobra has more torque, and has this torque earlier, and weighs a bit less

gnxs

Established Member

Bruce's 5.7 Liter 2004 Quick Silver GTO Runs 10.59- Video

Ahhh, the beauty of Atco in December.

His info:

Yesterday was just an absolute amazing day as you can imagine at the Racetrack, New Pb's on Et Mph and 60ft

Here is the video from Atco
My Personal Best yesterday was 10.731@ 125.39 Mph
Max from the shop that I go to Cartek ran the cars fastest ever 10.59 pass !!! Holy Crap It sux to be big at least we both Ran the same 60 Ft..LOL.

Weight reduction
Off the top of my head
Seats
fuel brace
sway bar front
v brace
exhaust
Holeshot 15'' rims
Skinnies

Air conditioner,Heater,seat belts, Stereo Cd Player, Carpet are all untouched.

Weather Conditions from my portable weather station at the time of the last few runs & (Contrary to people posting different results half way across the country) were....

44 Degrees
Da -1150 to -1300
Barometer 30.19 Actually went down from 30.33 in early morning
Wind Not a factor for once.

Here are my main mods

Cartek stage 4x Heads 2/3 Cam
3.91's
Kooks Headers
Fast 90 ported intake Manifold
N/W Ported Throttle Body
Stock Drive Shaft and CV Axles Stubs
Cartek Air Assault Intake
Harrop rear Cover
Pedders 90/10's Front/Rear Springs & Bmr Air Bags
Holeshot 15X9 Rear Rims
Holeshot 15x4.5 Skinnies
Rpm 4l65Trans A-4
Hays Trans Cooler
Asp Underdrive Pulley

lemons12

Established Member
Ahhh, the beauty of Atco in December.
His info:
Yesterday was just an absolute amazing day as you can imagine at the Racetrack, New Pb's on Et Mph and 60ft
Here is the video from Atco
My Personal Best yesterday was 10.731@ 125.39 Mph
Max from the shop that I go to Cartek ran the cars fastest ever 10.59 pass !!! Holy Crap It sux to be big at least we both Ran the same 60 Ft..LOL.
Weight reduction
Off the top of my head
Seats
fuel brace
sway bar front
v brace
exhaust
Holeshot 15'' rims
Skinnies
Air conditioner,Heater,seat belts, Stereo Cd Player, Carpet are all untouched.
Weather Conditions from my portable weather station at the time of the last few runs & (Contrary to people posting different results half way across the country) were....
44 Degees
Da -1150 to -1300
Barometer 30.19 Actually went down from 30.33 in early morning
Wind Not a factor for once.
Here are my main mods
Cartek stage 4x Heads 2/3 Cam
3.91's
Kooks Headers
Fast 90 ported intake Manifold
N/W Ported Throttle Body
Stock Drive Shaft and CV Axles Stubs
Cartek Air Assault Intake
Harrop rear Cover
Pedders 90/10's Front/Rear Springs & Bmr Air Bags
Holeshot 15X9 Rear Rims
Holeshot 15x4.5 Skinnies
Rpm 4l65Trans A-4
Hays Trans Cooler
Asp Underdrive Pulley

told you it didnt count..

I'm confused. did you say all that matters in drag racing is trap speed or et?

:dw:
just got messed up... ET's are all that matter in drag racing.. NOT trap speeds..

Users who are viewing this thread