Loss of oil pressure, crank walked forward into oil pump.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
Good to see you got it back together. Did you replace the block as well?
Yes, I was able to get another teksid block from racebroco a member on here. He was actually the one I got the first teksid from back in 2010. Great guy. A few of the main bearings spun.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yes, I was able to get another teksid block from racebroco a member on here.

Lol I've bought a teksid block from him too. He must like selling those :)

That was very nice of the shop to take care of you 5 years later. There are some good people out there still.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
I just looked at the crank. It does not look like a forged cobra crank. It does not have the counter weights on each of the crank throws. Look at the crank in the link. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-2004-F...ash=item25cca62c57:g:Mu8AAOSw0UdXwHX9&vxp=mtr

I was worried about that also not having the counter weights in the center. After doing some research looks like these cranks were machined down to be lighter for the cammer motor. It's also a 8 bolt crank. MMR was selling them a few years ago.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/forged-crankshaft-sale-4-6-cobra-kellogg-499.891065/

racebronco2

Established Member
The center does not look like it has been machined down. It is not there at all. Any ways as long as you are happy with it that is all the counts.

racebronco2

Established Member
It looks more like a 2v crank. Nothing wrong with a 2v crank. The engine will t. rev faster without the other 2 counterweights anyways. I tell all my customers to just run a 2v crank and save your money for other mods. They won't, kind of like paint vs powder coating, on a oil pan of timing cover it deosn't matter but you can tell customers that.

racebronco2

Established Member
I do not trust MMR in anything they say. Verify anything MMR says. I have had several issues with them so it is not what i heard. That being said just think about it, look at the center counter weights. If the were machined down to almost nothing why is there casting mark not machine marks. When the counterweights are machined down it is in a circular motion which is not what it looks like.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
I do not trust MMR in anything they say. Verify anything MMR says. I have had several issues with them so it is not what i heard. That being said just think about it, look at the center counter weights. If the were machined down to almost nothing why is there casting mark not machine marks. When the counterweights are machined down it is in a circular motion which is not what it looks like.
I think what they mean is the crank is made without those counter weights in the center as are most forged cranks I see in production today. I don't think this was a crankshaft produced by MMR, simply sold by MMR.

racebronco2

Established Member
They wrote in several forums that the counterweights were machined. That is different than these cranks do not have the center counter weights.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
Yep the outer counter weights were machined down reducing weight. The f6tece stamp designated a forged crankshaft right? I'm pretty sure this is still a forged crankshaft hopefully someone else will chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread