Looks like I am going to the dark side

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
After driving a freinds Z06 last weekend, I think I am sold. Looks like teh Cobra will get traded in on new Z06 Comm. Edition. Sorry guys but after 20+ Mustangs it is time for a change. The handling out of the box for the Z06 just can't be beat. You can argue all you want for bang for the buck but I do too much OT and Autocrossing to to dump a fortune in tuning. Less tuning for all out performance on the Z06. Don't get me worng I still have the Mach to get my Mustang fix but the need for cornering duty out weighs the drag benifits of teh Cobra. The fact that the trade in they are giving me more than makes me happy too is a plus. I might get another 03-04 Cobra in a few years. I really loved teh car. It was really nice gettign over 400 hp with just an exhaust upgrade too. So keep a look out for parts for sale. I will be swapping out the exhaust and the stock airfilter before I trade it in. So they will be on the market. The only thing that will derail teh Z06 is Ins. I need to call them on Tues and see what the rates will be.

Eric

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
:nonono: :nonono: DONT DO IT, he set u up....i bet your friend actually put a 03 cobra motor in the vette, thats why u liked the power:lol: but if i were u i wouldn;t do it...just my .2 :thumbsup:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTCobra2001
Don't get me worng I still have the Mach to get my Mustang fix but the need for cornering duty out weighs the drag benifits of teh Cobra.
Eric

cool...thats y u can trade the mach in for the vette....dont get rid of the terminator:-D

Jr Mint

Established Member
Zo6 corvettes are amazing machines...so are the cobras.....you played with the cobra for a while....and if your one of the fortunate ones to be able to just go get a zo6.....then Do it fast!!
GOod luck....they are amazing!

PS. I drove one at a dealer by my house...**wow**

Wayneo

Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra and my mother has the 04 Commerative Edition z06. I was about to sell my cobra for a z06 because I love driving the z06. I was about this close ( ), but when it came done to it I just loved my car that much more. The one of the many things I like about he z06 is how you sit in it, and the attention you get.. I get just as much attention in my cobra and I love how it sounds 10x better. So I would say think about it for a couple of more weeks before its to late.:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, if you were wanting something a bit better on the road coarse you picked a great car. And you don't have to worry about overheating like a lot of guys are with the supercharged Cobra. Prices are pretty good now, too, with the new C6 out and the new Z06 months away. The only thing I don't like about the Z06 is the hardtop requirement. I always thought that a coupe version would look so sweet. Best of luck with it. What color by the way?

Emil

Established Member
A Z06 is the next step up if the budget allows. Why don't you just get a 2005 C6 then, they are even more awesome. Frankly it's the only other car that I would consider buying for performance but it's price was more than I could justify.
Good Luck!

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Well, if you were wanting something a bit better on the road coarse you picked a great car. And you don't have to worry about overheating like a lot of guys are with the supercharged Cobra. Prices are pretty good now, too, with the new C6 out and the new Z06 months away. The only thing I don't like about the Z06 is the hardtop requirement. I always thought that a coupe version would look so sweet. Best of luck with it. What color by the way?

The top is the only thing I really don't like.. I would have prefered the Targa but the Z06 doesn't come with that option.. Oh well. I can deal with it. The Comm. Edition only comes in LaMans Blue. Nice color.. It looks even better in the sun. It comes with Carbon Fiber hood "stock" too. Less weight on the nose. The Musang fan speaking there.. ;-) It is nearly a 50/50 on weight.

With the 07' Cobra the prices will crash on the 03-04 Cobra's and maybe I will pick another one up tehn. Maybe even a 07' Cobra, who knows..

Eric

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by Emil
A Z06 is the next step up if the budget allows. Why don't you just get a 2005 C6 then, they are even more awesome. Frankly it's the only other car that I would consider buying for performance but it's price was more than I could justify.
Good Luck!

The C6 in about 20 hp under the 04' Z06 and the cornering is still under that 04' Z06. The price is way more than the Z06... I am not talking MSRP.. I am talking the same factor that the first people on the block had when they bought their Cobra's and everyone after paid thousands less. There are dealers marking up the C6 $30k and getting it. Sorry.. I will not pay a markup. I am also getting the Z06 at the equivalant of an X plan. So the dealer will not make too much off me. I am getting a screaming deal..

Eric

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I would do it in a heartbeat. You're right, they are a better track car. Go for it! First deal I get at a yellow z06 I'll have one too.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Can you give us a ball-park idea of what your deal is on the Z06? I've heard some rumors of new Z06s being sold in the high 30s. Any truth to that or is it internet BS?? If I could buy a new Z06 in that price range AND I could get a good trade-in for my '03, I would consider it.

I still love my '03...but I must confess to still being a diehard pushrod and cubic-inches kinda guy. :uh oh: ;-)

-Greg

D-Cobra

Established Member
Z06's are nice. and i think it's well suitable for you since you do autocross alot. good luck, don't forget to post some pics.

IDAREU

Banned
Originally posted by SVTCobra2001
[B.

With the 07' Cobra the prices will crash on the 03-04 Cobra's

That won't happen if Kerry gets elected.

Besides, the new mustang styling is not as bad ass as the terminator.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
congrats - if you are a coupe /hardtop guy and can afford it - you will love it.

i test drove one b4 settling on my 04, but even at the great discounts they are giving now it still would have been stretching it for me - that and i also like verts

but the weight and balance of the c5 is a whole different ballgame - a true purpose-built sports car - and that hud is wild!

enjoy!

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by Top_Fuel
Can you give us a ball-park idea of what your deal is on the Z06? I've heard some rumors of new Z06s being sold in the high 30s. Any truth to that or is it internet BS?? If I could buy a new Z06 in that price range AND I could get a good trade-in for my '03, I would consider it.

I still love my '03...but I must confess to still being a diehard pushrod and cubic-inches kinda guy. :uh oh: ;-)

-Greg

I think the MSRP on teh Comm Edition is $58k. I will be getting it at invoice. Around $50k.. I can either take the $3k cash which will nock it down in the 40's or the 0%. 0% is the better way to go even with the large down payment. I will be paying just above what I am now for the Cobra. I am hoping the incentives might go up this next week since sales were off by I think 18% from last year. I know Ford added to the pot last week after they anounced how far they were behind the previous year. We will see though.

You can get a standard Corvette for about $39k.. Not even close to what the Z06 can do though.. I am getting about the best deal you can get out there on the Z06.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
The Z06's are awesome cars and can understand you making the switch.....There's just something about these ole' Mustangs that really grab me. Love the lines, looks and performance of the 03/04's.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Emil
Good Luck!
Now that is a great option. Personally I would buy a C6 before an '04 Z06. For sure! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread