Looks like I am going to the dark side

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by SVTCobra2001
The top is the only thing I really don't like.. I would have prefered the Targa but the Z06 doesn't come with that option.. Oh well. I can deal with it. The Comm. Edition only comes in LaMans Blue. Nice color.. It looks even better in the sun. It comes with Carbon Fiber hood "stock" too. Less weight on the nose. The Musang fan speaking there.. ;-) It is nearly a 50/50 on weight.

With the 07' Cobra the prices will crash on the 03-04 Cobra's and maybe I will pick another one up tehn. Maybe even a 07' Cobra, who knows..

Eric
I've seen the Leman Blue. It is really sweet. Did you ever consider buying a new C6? I realize, though, that you'll get a much better deal on a Z06 and some dealers might even mark up the C6s initially. But it is a sweet car. Nice motor, too. ;-)

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
My old man has an 03 Z06 and he let's me drive it whenever I go home, and I have to tell you, I feel like an asshole everytime I get in it. It handles great and it is quick, but I just don't like it. I like driving my Cobra better, it feels more like a toy. I feel like I'm playing a video game when I drive the z06.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by IronTerp
The Z06's are awesome cars and can understand you making the switch.....There's just something about these ole' Mustangs that really grab me. Love the lines, looks and performance of the 03/04's.

I completely understand. That is why I am keeping the Mach 1.. I am looking into getting a 94 Covert. again, maybe by the end of the year. We will see.. Drop a blower on it and have that be my summer car. really loved my 94'. It too many years for me to come around on the body style but it grew on me. It was a great car.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I've seen the Leman Blue. It is really sweet. Did you ever consider buying a new C6? I realize, though, that you'll get a much better deal on a Z06 and some dealers might even mark up the C6s initially. But it is a sweet car. Nice motor, too. ;-)

It looks too much like the Viper and I hate the rear of the car. The Dyno #'s have been less than impressive too. It weighs about 150 more than then standard Z06 and 200 more than the Comm Edition. I did think about it for a bit but I wuold have to wait a year to get teh deal I am getting now and I am not sure I would like the car anymore than the 04'. We will see though. I still need to call AAA to see what ins. will be. If it is a bunch more I am sticking with the Cobra for a while longer or will pick up a 89' Corvette. With the 89' I will have a lot a money in my pocket to add parts.

Eric

alycan

Established Member
I had a 99 C-5 and test drove the Z06 when they first came out, its a good car but overhyped, one sold in Fairfax Va for 100k+ now you can go to carmax and find 6 on the lot anydy for 30k, no comparison to the o4 snake, but to each his own I say..enjoy

vipergts281

Established Member
Good choice. A Z06 may find a spot in my driveway by next spring. I'm thinking either Quick Silver or Millenium Yellow.

And you can get a brand new Z06 for about $42,000 now-a-days. And I've seen used one's sell in the mid to low 30's....I even saw one that sold for $27,000 a few months ago.

Good luck with it.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by mustarrosa
I would wait for the C-6 Z06 next year

I am not spending $80k for a car. $50k is abit more than I ever thought I would pay unless I won the lotto.. It would be a toss up for the new Z06 or Viper at that point..

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread