Looks like Ford Racings blower is almost ready

Driver72

Established Member

95SC

Banned
Produces 624 SAE hp @ 6900 rpm and 536 SAE lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm, at approximately 9 psi of boost with 93 octane fuel

Wow :eek::bowdown::bowdown: only 9 psi , that's sick power.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This car has a 2.3L whipple with a 3.5 inch pulley. Does that indicate generated psi?

On my 4.6 that combo is between 13.5 and 14.? depending on outside temps, The 5.0 is larger and the heads have significantly less restriction and the exhaust is better too, but that boost still seems low for that pulley. The actual pulley ratio could be different by them using a different size lower than the 4.6.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
Nice.

I nailed the estimated power of the base unit, but I'm wondering how the power level could be so low on 7 psi boost, when procharger, vortech and whipple are getting around 590-600 hp on 7 psi boost?

the vortech and the procharger are rated at 520 @ 525 at the fly just like the Frpp kit 525 at the fly ....dont know where you getting your wrong info from

Driver72

Established Member
the vortech and the procharger are rated at 520 @ 525 at the fly just like the Frpp kit 525 at the fly ....dont know where you getting your wrong info from

Edit: wrong information?

http://www.procharger.com/2011_mustang.shtml

I do remember reading one that claimed 610 crank hp too and a turbo kit on 6 psi doing like 534 rwhp.

So again, how do you go from 525 crank hp to 634 crank by only increasing boost by 2 psi. There is no way to get 110 hp bump from 2 additional psi boost.
So either the 9 psi kit has additional mods or the 7 psi kit is underrated. And I don't see anything additional in the 9 psi kit that would justify the additional 110 hp. The fact it's only a couple hundred extra bucks too tells me there is nothing additional (like forged pistons or something). :??:

Last edited:

95SC

Banned
I bought a brand new 2.3 whipple for the L for 2.5k. Granted it didnt come with injectors, TB or tune but this price seams ridiculous.

You bought the head unit only.

That kit comes with everything to run it on the car including tune [ blower , lower intake , intercooler , intercooling system , drive belt system ,injectors ,all the bolts gaskets,tuner unit with the correct tune]

95SC

Banned
I thought they were advertising that wheel hp not fly, whereas FRPP is advertising as fly? Must have misread.

However, I do remember reading one that claimed 610 crank hp and a turbo kit on 6 psi doing like 534 rwhp.

Still how do you go from 525 crank hp to 634 crank by only increasing boost by 2 psi. There is no way to get 110 hp bump from 2 additional psi boost.
So either the 9 psi kit has additional mods or the 7 psi kit is underrated. And I don't see anything additional in the 9 psi kit that would justify the additional 110 hp. The fact it's only a couple hundred extra bucks too tells me there is nothing additional (like forged pistons or something). :??:

it is possible to gain 110 hp by increasing boost by 2 psi and rpms by 500 as these engines love high rpms

525 hp kit is rated at 6400 rpms but 635 hp kit is rated at 6900 rpms .

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
when will people learn.... these motors are nitrious fed motors ready from the factory. Nothing better then getting 24mpg on the highway with an agressive tuned nos setup

blowers are nice but ill be rocking the nitrious very soon

chrisheltra

Established Member
Wonder what these can do with H/C/E/whipple?

Hmmmmmm

Now imagine what you can make with the whipple when running C16 if you can make 624 on 93.

Edit: wrong information?

ProCharger Systems for the 2011 Mustang

I do remember reading one that claimed 610 crank hp too and a turbo kit on 6 psi doing like 534 rwhp.

So again, how do you go from 525 crank hp to 634 crank by only increasing boost by 2 psi. There is no way to get 110 hp bump from 2 additional psi boost.

One word. COMPRESSION

You bought the head unit only.

That kit comes with everything to run it on the car including tune [ blower , lower intake , intercooler , intercooling system , drive belt system ,injectors ,all the bolts gaskets,tuner unit with the correct tune]

Very true after having a L for so long I forget what else is needed to make these work on an NA motor. I kinda take the L platform for granted.

Last edited:

Driver72

Established Member
it is possible to gain 110 hp by increasing boost by 2 psi and rpms by 500 as these engines love high rpms

525 hp kit is rated at 6400 rpms but 635 hp kit is rated at 6900 rpms .

Well you could be right, but if that's that case, the 7 psi version is dropping it's boost off a cliff after 6400 rpms (like down to 2 psi above that) while the 9 psi version is holding 7 psi up to 6900 rpms.

That would be more like 5 psi difference between 6400 and 6900 rpms. If that's the case, I can see the 110 hp difference.

The Procharger, Vortech and others that seem to be stating around 600 hp on 7 psi must have a tune that holds/keeps the boost up longer in the rpm range to be making ~600 hp then.
Ford is clearly just "protecting" the GT500 and being ultra conservative with the high rpm boost in order to be willing to warranty it for 12/12

I wonder then if it would be simple enough to dyno tune the 7 psi version to make more power up top to make 590+ hp?
That would be the best case scenario as you could keep the warranty this way, but have power close to the 624 hp version.
If you had to take the car in during that 12 month warranty, you just return the tune to the 525 hp level.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Honestly, I love Ford, I'm a die hard fan of theirs, but I'd rather have the blower say Whipple on it than, rather than Ford. I know it's a Whipple, but Ford is buying them and putting their own logo on it and selling the kit.

Looking at Whipple, the price for their version is about 1,000 cheaper.
Whipple 2011 5.0L 525hp 2.3L Supercharger Complete Kit (Black) [WK-2011GTCOMP-B] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

I'm just not jumping on the bandwagon that Fords version is really awesome. I'd rather it say whipple.

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
Well you could be right, but if that's that case, the 7 psi version is dropping it's boost off a cliff after 6400 rpms (like down to 2 psi above that) while the 9 psi version is holding 7 psi up to 6900 rpms.

That would be more like 5 psi difference between 6400 and 6900 rpms. If that's the case, I can see the 110 hp difference.

The Procharger, Vortech and others that seem to be stating around 600 hp on 7 psi must have a tune that holds/keeps the boost up longer in the rpm range to be making ~600 hp then.
Ford is clearly just "protecting" the GT500 and being ultra conservative with the high rpm boost in order to be willing to warranty it for 12/12

I wonder then if it would be simple enough to dyno tune the 7 psi version to make more power up top to make 590+ hp?
That would be the best case scenario as you could keep the warranty this way, but have power close to the 624 hp version.
If you had to take the car in during that 12 month warranty, you just return the tune to the 525 hp level.
You think too much.

Users who are viewing this thread