Looks like Ford Racings blower is almost ready

AmnDucky

Established Member
IMG_0464.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

Cant wait for some power numbers to drop since this is probably what I will get.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Do you guys see how off the hook this new engine is going to be???

This engine is very much like a purpose built, racing engine in more aspects than not. The amount of air it flows, the amount of strength it has coupled with state of the art lightness, the relatively compact design(a good bit narrower than the older DOHCs), The Grand Am BOSS version of this mill unrestricted I believe is making 550 at 8500 rpm!
That's freaking N/A!!!

When someone bolts one of these onto a BOSS.. LOOK OUT!!!

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Do you guys see how off the hook this new engine is going to be???

This engine is very much like a purpose built, racing engine in more aspects than not. The amount of air it flows, the amount of strength it has coupled with state of the art lightness, the relatively compact design(a good bit narrower than the older DOHCs), The Grand Am BOSS version of this mill unrestricted I believe is making 550 at 8500 rpm!
That's freaking N/A!!!

When someone bolts one of these onto a BOSS short block.. LOOK OUT!!!

Is the grand am boss the same engine as the street boss internally? A 500rwhp or so 8500rpm mustang gt/boss would be sweet!!!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Is the grand am boss the same engine as the street boss internally? A 500rwhp or so 8500rpm mustang gt/boss would be sweet!!!
Yes, identical, forged pistons, high rev big power cams, sodium exhaust, and lightweight intake valves, stronger powdered metal rods, "runners in a box" intake, even the oil pan has been tweaked so as not to starve oil with sticky tires on high G turns.

Grand Am has put weight on the Mustangs at least twice that I know of and one of those times was when they were still running the cammer based 5.0.

There are some very real reasons an old man like me would get this excited about a bunch of parts on some car.

This is not an insignificant thing Ford has done!:rockon:

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
Yes, identical, forged pistons, high rev big power cams, sodium exhaust, and lightweight intake valves, stronger powdered metal rods, "runners in a box" intake, even the oil pan has been tweaked so as not to starve oil with sticky tires on high G turns.

Grand Am has put weight on the Mustangs at least twice that I know of and one of those times was when they were still running the cammer based 5.0.

There very real reasons an old man like me would get this excited about a bunch of parts on some car.

This is not an insignificant thing Ford has done!:rockon:

Unpossible! Everyone knows solid axles cant handle.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
6 lbs of boost, 520-530 Hp, Crank. My guess is they can't quite get there with 5 lbs. Then think about putting the blower on the new Boss motor with the up-graded internals....WOW..

Users who are viewing this thread